Finished The Challenge VIII - The Diamond Isles - Game Over! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure how we should go about the start of the game either, since we're looking for townies RVS won't really work.

So uh where do we start?
I'm thinking the same thing.

This is a day where we can gather a lot of information on alignments (as is the norm in any sort of mafia-esque game such as this). However, I'm not exactly sure how we go about this, this is a completely new twist on classic mafia. RVS will likely result in getting a Mime saved, so I say we hold off on submitting votes of any kind until we have a general feel of players in this game.

Ok this game is definitly something else.
There are no roles to go by really. We could only go by the smiting votes after each night. But that's also a bit vague to base a case on.
So we are 5 Regulars and 3 Mimes acording to the starting thread and there is not that much room for error because the game is over if 2 Mimes are saved.
So question is: How do we decide who to vote or do we just let fate decide? Because we do need a majority if we wanna prevent a random Pick.

The only idea that i had was that we for Day 1 decide just by voting who we think is most "trustable" (that isnt a word) from the rest of the game we had so far.
But that won't really help with this game's premise will it.

Just some quick clarification in case you guys don't understand this:
There is no "hammering" in this game. The saving phase will always end in 3 days, whether you like it or not.
In addition, you cannot unvote, but you can switch votes by voting a different player. Unvotes are just useless because there's no such thing as a hammer.

Just some quick clarification in case you guys don't understand this:
There is no "hammering" in this game. The saving phase will always end in 3 days, whether you like it or not.
In addition, you cannot unvote, but you can switch votes by voting a different player. Unvotes are just useless because there's no such thing as a hammer.
I see, i though was voted we can't change vote

I have never really been that great at the whole mafia scenario, and since we need to kick start the discussion I will do it by casting the first vote.

SAVE: Mirdo

I chose Mirdo for a few reasons:

- I think he is a pretty trustworthy individual =)
- He did a good job breaking down the challenges we are facing with this first day!

Tbh I think this game is leaned heavily toward the mimes, so if you are not a mime, you are most likely playing not to get last place.

And since I know I'm not a mime, I'm know screwed q.q

And to add on, I don't really like the Mafia games, which is why I don't sign up for them, hence why I'm not good at them, so I'm double screwed q.q

Oh well q.q

I'm not gonna choose anybody yet because we have yet to hear from a few people, and I don't think me making a premature decision with little reasoning would be wise. (Although I don't think we'd get much more info today >.>)

Between Celever and Epist both voting for who I'm 90% sure is their ally and what at a first glance looks like buddying between TAE and Drac, I'm not a huge fan of any of these votes. But we have to do something. Are there any other reasons besides what you've said for your votes? @Celever @Epist @GM DracLord @TheAnticipationEevee

Between Celever and Epist both voting for who I'm 90% sure is their ally and what at a first glance looks like buddying between TAE and Drac, I'm not a huge fan of any of these votes. But we have to do something. Are there any other reasons besides what you've said for your votes? @Celever @Epist @GM DracLord @TheAnticipationEevee
Considering there're five of them, odds are, at least one mime is among them. That being said, the day has technically already ended and there's no point in discussing any further. I believe after counting it up that mirdo has been saved, but we'll have to wait until NP posts the update.
The first saving phase has begun, and will end in approximately 3 days, at 8:00 PM EST on Sunday, September 17th. Here's a countdown for your convenience: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...20&p0=179&msg=Saving+Phase+1+End&font=cursive
Yep.

Sorry, social engagement lasted far longer than I expected. Mirdo was saved; he was a Mime!
Time to submit your votes to smite and block. You have 36 hours starting now. That means that it will end at ~7:00 PM EST tomorrow. Countdown for convenience.

Tagging inactive/s to remind them:
@PikaMasterJesi

In case anyone is confused, votes to smite are for who receives the power of smiting, not the person who actually dies. I realize that last post was unclear, so you may change your vote if you wish.

I have two announcements to make: Cel and Jesi were both found dead this morning.
Cel was smitten! He was a Regular.
Jesi dropped from the competition. She was a Regular. Because of this, this challenge will become an advantage challenge. Three players will be chosen to win an advantage in the next round by Vrac: 2 from the winning team and 1 from the losing team. In addition, he will name one of those players Best Player, and they will receive a slightly larger advantage.

Saving Phase 2 has begun and will end in ~72 hours. Here's a countdown for your convenience:
Also, if it wasn't clear from last time, majority vote no longer exists because activity is so terrible and I honestly don't believe achieving majority vote would be possible. Plurality vote is what counts.
Finally, today is LYLO, so be sure to save correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back