Finished The Challenge VIII - The Diamond Isles - Game Over! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
There's one more spot left, so count me in. I told myself that if there will still (an) opening(s) this morning, I would be in. I can't guarantee a whole lot of activity, but I'm looking forward to it!

Professor Palutena

The Queen
The aspiring treasure hunters arrived at the port, and they all were excited to head out onto the sea. The diamond must be found!

Our lead captain, the man from before, instructed them on his plan.

"We have three ships here, and we'll split up to take them! These are the finest ships in the islands."

He then turned to the first ship.

"This one has an anchor I stole from the Drakes when they last attacked my village. I managed to sneak it from their captain Dabu."

"This one here in the middle is loved by my parrot, who is called Chapera. We've been partners since I began sailing 10 years ago."

"This last one is recognized through the insignia on the front, shaped like an octopus. Years ago, it was made by Ogakor, the finest blacksmith in Morgan".

However, before we get out into the seas, we need sails for the ships.

CHALLENGE 1 - Setting Sail

We need sails before we can head out. Otherwise, we'll never reach the Diamond Isles. This is where you come in.

Competing in this challenge is optional, but it may be beneficial. That said, we can't continue unless enough people participate in this one. All you need to do is submit a banner to represent one of the ships. Your only requirements are that you need to display the mascot Pokemon for each team, and you must include the team name somewhere, which is the bolded word in the above flavor.

Please like this post if you wish to submit. The deadline will be May 1st at 11pm EST. Afterward, my secret judge for this round will decide the banner they like best for each of the teams, who will be the winners.

No elimination will occur after this challenge, but there will still be a reward for the winners. As for what it is, stay tuned.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Clarification in case it wasn't obvious.

This is an individual challenge, as you haven't been put on teams yet.

Also, please post submissions in the thread.

I will announce when the conch is hidden.

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
*rolls in fabric, paper and light blue sharpies*
Is there a recomended size for this banner of ya'rs cap'n?
I don't really have a starting point :p

Professor Palutena

The Queen
*rolls in fabric, paper and light blue sharpies*
Is there a recomended size for this banner of ya'rs cap'n?
I don't really have a starting point :p

Your only requirements are that you need to display the mascot Pokemon for each team, and you must include the team name somewhere, which is the bolded word in the above flavor.
Make it as big or small as you want and in whatever shape you want.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Everyone else ought to give up now. My banner is the best banner.

wKfvaVx.jpg

This is just for fun; see chat for details. I'll make a real banner submission later.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 11.01.35 AM.png
The space on the bottom is to write the names of the crew.

/me throws plumed pirate hat in ring for banner

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
So, since it's in the public domain, I decided to use one of my all time favourite art pieces as a base. I used The Great Wave Off Kanagawa as the base. It's a vertical banner, because I find those look cooler, personally.

Ogakor banner.png

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
First try on making a banner:

Banner.png

Now I know that this challenge is individual, but thoughts are appreciated since I think 6 people might be permanently stuck with this banner :p

This will be my submission btw :/

Last edited:

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Screenshot at Apr 28 17-56-11.png
Still in the rough stages.
I wouldn't miss a challenge such as this!

Professor Palutena

The Queen
THE MAGIC CONCH HAS BEEN HIDDEN!
its in the thread
When you find it, PM it to me to verify that you've found it.
Whoever finds it first wins the advantage described in it, and they will not be publically acknowledged.

Status
Not open for further replies.