Finished The Challenge VIII - The Diamond Isles - Game Over! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 1: Results

The correct answer was... Pokemon X! Which is-uh-super strange for me to say because of the counterparts between the games, I prefer every single one in Y except for Throh vs Sawk, and I couldn't care much for either of them. But because I liked the Pokemon in Y more, my master file (after I transferred everything to X to play Y again) was always X, which made it my game for building competitive teams and therefore my favorite. Even if my one playthrough in it and the Pokemon there are both worse than their Y equivalents.

Nobody bid anything on Double Guess... I thought it was at least worth 1 point.

Epist used his -2 points on Drac.

The point totals for this round are:
Blakers: 4
Drac: 4
Lorde: 0
Mirdo: 0
Epist: 0

Which puts our current standings at:
Blakers: 12 Points
Lorde: 5 Points
Mirdo: 3 Points
Drac: 2 Points
Epist: -2 Points
Round 2:

Of the original Phoenix Wright trilogy, what is NP's favorite final case?
A) Rise from the Ashes
B) Farwell, My Turnabout
C) Bridge to the Turnabout

Please remember to provide your answer as a ranking, not just say my favorite.

Bid:
3 Points- It's exactly what it says. The winner of this bid will immediately earn 3 points.

Everyone besides Epist is eligible to bid.

You have 48 hours, though hopefully it can end earlier than that.

P.S. I forgot to establish an OC rule for this challenge, so I may as well say you can't have any conversations about the questions with any other players. You may still talk about who you want to eliminate in conversations. You may also talk about whatever you want in thread.

Last edited:
@Epist
You're officially late. You may submit an answer in the next day, but you will only earn half points (rounded up) on it.

Round 2: Results

The correct answer was... Bridge to the Turnabout! There's something about this case and Rise from the Ashes that really breaks my heart. In Bridge, the case has so many sideplots that make it so beautiful: Maya/Pearl, Phoenix getting injured, Dahlia/Iris, "Elise", and Godot. Yet in Rise from the Ashes, there's just one: the SL-9 Incident. Yet that one incident is so deep and beautifully drawn out that it equals all of those sideplots. For me, the tiebreaker is the fact the Rise from the Ashes is a really frustrating case at times gameplay-wise, which gives the win to Bridge with Rise as a close second. Farewell just can't compare in my opinion.

Blakers won 3 Points by bidding 2 Points! Because everyone else bid 0. Why didn't any of you at least bid 3? If you lose the bid, you don't have to pay anything, y'know.

Lorde: 5
Blakers: 1
Drac: 1
Mirdo: 0
Epist: 0

Blakers: 14 Points
Lorde: 10 Points
Mirdo: 3 Points
Drac: 3 Points
Epist: -2 Points
Round 3:

Which of the following Big Brother houseguests does NP like the most?
A) Erika (Season 4 and 7)
B) Danielle (Season 8 and 13)
C) Jordan (Season 11 and 13)
D) Ginamarie (Season 15)

Please remember to provide your answer as a ranking, not just say my favorite. In addition, the scoring rules have changed. The rules for 1st place remain the same, but if 2nd place is in your Top 2 answers, you will earn two more points!

The bids are getting more powerful, starting with:
50/50- When you use this power, NP will tell you the bottom half of the rankings in order. Just PM NP "50/50" when you want to use it!

Everyone besides Epist is eligible to bid.

You have 48 hours, as usual.

Last edited:
Round 3: Results

The correct answer was... Erika! Erika's someone I've always been a fan of, from almost the first episode I watched her. Maybe it was the fact that the twist in her season made her so likeable, maybe it was how well she played the game while sticking loyal, getting her an almost guaranteed win as long as the wrong person didn't win the POV (but they did in the end). She also did very well in All-Stars, which cements her as one of my all time favorites. Danielle and Jordan I both consider nice people; Jordan is probably the sweetest of all the houseguests I've seen, but Danielle's skill at the game itself puts her over Jordan imo. Ginamarie is just a whiny crybaby who I couldn't care for at all after she started being obsessed with her "showmance."

Blakers won 50/50 by bidding 2 Points!

Mirdo: 4
Blakers: 3
Epist: 3
Lorde: 2
Drac: 2

Blakers: 15 Points
Lorde: 12 Points
Mirdo: 7 Points
Drac: 5 Points
Epist: 1 Point
Round 4:

Which of the following foods does NP like the most?
A) Hamburger
B) Nigiri
C) Ravioli
D) Calamari
E) Cheese Fondue

Please remember to provide your answer as a ranking, not just say my favorite. Scoring rules are the same as last round.

It's time for a larger bid:
Counter- When you use this power, you must name a player. For every point they miss out on with the correct answer for first place, you will win a point. Just PM NP "Counter: Player" when you want to use it!

Everyone is eligible to bid.

You have 48 hours.

Last edited:
So everyone submitted besides a bid for Epist, but he can't win the bid anyway, so I'm just moving on.

Round 4: Results

The correct answer was... Cheese Fondue! I'm a sucker for good unhealthy food, and smooth, melted cheese certainly takes the cake when it comes to that. It's just super delicious. Nigiri comes in close second, as the right piece of salmon, scallop or escolar, although it may slowly give me mercury poisoning, is something I'd eat any day of the week. As an American, I'm certainly fond of a nice burger, but it's not something I love. I used to love calamari, but I ate it so much I got sick of eat and don't like it anymore. But it's not as bad as ravioli imo, 'cause I dislike any form of pasta.

The bid was a big tie between Blakers, Lorde, Midro, and Drac with 2 points! They have all won the Counter.
This round, Blakers used the 50/50 and Drac decided to immediately use the counter on Lorde.

I have also realized that first place in past rounds was scored incorrectly, so I'm gonna go and modify your scores in the next couple of hours. It shouldn't effect anything too much, since it's hurt basically all of you. That's done now. All it did was add one point for Drac and Blakers and two for Lorde.

Blakers: 7
Epist: 4
Drac: 3
Lorde: 2
Mirdo: 2

Blakers: 20 Points
Lorde: 12 Points
Drac: 11 Points
Mirdo: 7 Points
Epist: 5 Points
Round 5:

Which of the following songs does NP like the most?
A) Yes Sir, I Can Boogie- By: Baccara
B) Listen to Your Heart- By: Roxette
C) Oops I Did It Again- By: Britney Spears
D) Beautiful- By: Christina Aguilera
E) Take a Bow- By: Rihanna
F) Stone Cold- By: Demi Lovato
Ubiquitous warning that while no songs have inappropriate lyrics, the videos I've linked to can be very (very) slightly PG-13 level, so watch at your own risk.

Please remember to provide your answer as a ranking, not just say my favorite. In addition, scoring rules have a new change. The rules for 1st place remain the same, but if 2nd place is in your Top 2 answers, you will earn three points instead of two! And if 3rd place is in your Top 3 answers, you will earn two points!

It's time for an exciting bid:
Auto-Win- When you use this power, you will win the bid for that round along with whomever else won it. For free! Just PM NP "Auto-Win" when you want to use it!

You have 48 hours.

Last edited:
Eeeeek 30 minutes left at the time of this edit!
latest

@Blakers

Last edited:
Round 5: Results

The correct answer was... Take a Bow! I'm just a huge fan of that song, and Rihanna, overall (and something about the theater influence in it is pretty nice too). Second goes to Stone Cold, which is far and away the best Demi Lovato song, the vocals just kill me. Next up is Oops I Did It Again, which is just some good ol' Britney Spears (albeit, if I had chosen Toxic or Womanizer, which I consider much better but not 'Beach appropriate video-wise, her ranking would have been 1st and 2nd respectively). Beautiful is also a good emotional song, which I am a big fan of but not as much as those above it. Listen to Your Heart is a song I find myself listening to every once in a while, but doesn't compare imo to those above it. Finally, in last place is Yes Sir, I Can Boogie, a song that most Americans would have no idea how I found. That's because it had absolutely no popularity in the US, but was a humongous hit and sold 16 Million copies in Europe. And-uh-that's the only facet I know it in; it was put in here as a joke answer.
Editor's Note: NP's rankings imply he likes more recent music, but that's not actually true. It's just the set of songs he picked.

Epist won the Auto-Win by bidding 3 points!
In addition, Lorde used the Counter on Mirdo.

Epist: 6
Blakers: 4
Lorde: 4
Drac: 3
Mirdo: 3

Blakers: 24 Points
Lorde: 23 Points
Drac: 14 Points
Mirdo: 10 Points
Epist: 8 Points
Round 6:

Which of the Mafia games on this site that he's played without subbing out did NP like the most?
A) Mafia XXXVII: Celever's School Grades
B) Mafia XXXVIII: Battle for the Republic
C) Mafia XXXIX: Superheroes vs Supervillains
D) Mafia XL: Age of Piracy
E) Mafia XLII: War of the Gods
F) Mafia XLIII: Battle of the Royal Palace
G) Mafia XLIV: The 'Beach Attack

Please remember to provide your answer as a ranking, not just say my favorite. Scoring rules remain the same.

It's time for an exciting bid:
Sabotage- Whoever wins this bid must immediately PM me the NP of a player. That player will only earn half points (rounded down) this round.

You have 48 hours.

Last edited:
@mirdo is officially late, has one day to still earn half points.
In that time, people who didn't read immediately when reading the bid (looking at you @Epist) can submit that no penalty. Otherwise, their bid will be canceled.

Round 6: Results

The correct answer was... Age of Piracy! This game had brilliant flavor, powerful yet balanced role design, and an incredibly fun QT! What more could you ask for? Oh wait, one of my best performances ever (even if it didn't work out). Overall, pretty brilliant. In second comes Battle of the Royal Palace for, albeit not having the most balanced or powerful role design in the world, allowing me to make a very successful gambit and lead the town pretty well in a game with good polish. Third comes Battle for the Republic for being an incredibly fun and well designed game to play in, even if I did perform miserably which made the experience a bit sour for me. Next is War of the Gods, where I tunneled Lorde to death before quickly dying and having an incredibly inactive scumteam, dooming us all. Next is Celever's School Grades, a brilliantly designed setup that was spoiled by 10 day long update times (and otherwise may have been my favorite game on here). In second to last is the Beach Attack, simply because it was forced into being so short. In last is Superheroes vs Supervillians, a great setup that I couldn't enjoy because I died N1, had a boring role, and played horribly.

Drac won the sabotage by bidding 3 points and used it on Mirdo!

Blakers: 11
Epist: 6
Drac: 5
Mirdo: 5

Blakers: 35 Points
Lorde: 28 Points
Drac: 16 Points
Epist: 14 Points
Mirdo: 11 Points
Round 7:

What is NP's favorite Pokemon that starts with the letter J?
A) Jangmo-o
B) Jellicent
C) Jigglypuff
D) Jirachi
E) Jolteon
F) Joltik
G) Jumpluff
H) Jynx

Please remember to provide your answer as a ranking, not just say my favorite. Scoring rules have changed! The rules for 1st place remain the same, but if 2nd place is in your Top 2 answers, you will earn four points instead of three and if 3rd place is in your Top 3 answers, you will earn three points instead of two! If 4th place is in your Top 4 answers, you will earn two points!

It's time for a nefarious bid:
Block- When you use this power, you must name a player. That round, that player will not win the bid and will have any powers they want to use that round blocked (though still used up).

You have 48 hours.

Powers still remaining:
Blakers- Counter
Epist- Auto-Win
Mirdo- Counter

Round 7: Results

The correct answer was... Jellicent! It's always been one of my favorites after being an integral part of my VGC Trick Room team. There's just something so great about it, both in competitive and appearance-wise. Next comes Jirachi, for how much I enjoy Serene Grace and the fun niche roles it's had in the TCG. Then Jolteon, for being a fun fast ferocious and great Eeveelution. Next is Jangomo-o, half decent but nothing too special. Jolik is next, as it's cute and enjoyable, but is ruined by a little thing called Night March. Next is Jumpluff, for being fluffy and really useless otherwise. It's a Pokemon that I could easily be okay Leaving to the Wind. Then is Jigglypuff for being an overused gimmick and being absolutely terrible in Smash 4. And finally comes Jynx, the creepy somewhat-racist Pokemon I couldn't care less about.

Nobody bid on the Block... besides Epist using the auto-win!

Blakers: 12
Mirdo: 8
Epist: 4
Drac: 2

Blakers: 47 Points
Lorde: 33 Points
Mirdo: 19 Points
Drac: 18 Points
Epist: 18 Points
Round 8:

What is NP's favorite of these board games?
A) The Resistance
B) Smash Up
C) Love Letter
D) Pandemic
E) Monopoly: Deal
F) 7 Wonders
G) Coup
H) Dominion
I) Killer Bunnies

Please remember to provide your answer as a ranking, not just say my favorite. Scoring rules remain the same!

It's time for a pretty cool bid:
Future Planning- The winner of this bid will earn a small (like, actually small) advantage in the next challenge. This will be unable to be blocked.

You have 48 hours.

Powers remaining:
Blakers- Counter
Mirdo- Counter
Epist- Block

Round 8: Results

The correct answer was... The Resistance! A game of lying, deception, and special abilities where everyone plays is right up my alley. Next comes Killer Bunnies, an incredibly fun and strategic card game with all sorts of wacky effects to throw you off your game. Then is Love Letter, which although only about half as popular as the rest, deserves some recognition for cramming really complex bluffing and strategy into a game of 16 cards. Next is Coup, which is like Love Letter but with more bluffing. It's very fun, but can be a very luck based game where you often are the Kingmaker instead of really playing. Then is Smash Up, an otherwise boring game that becomes great when you add the fact that your deck is customizable into the mix (Tricksters+Ninjas ftw). Then comes 7 Wonders, a varied strategy game that's a lot of fun to play but isn't that high up because the scoring is a bit too complex for my tastes. Then is Dominion, which at first I loved a ton, but now is just your average deckbuilding game imo. Then is Monopoly: Deal, a huge improvement over regular Monopoly yet struggling from cards so powerful that whoever gets them will likely win. And finally is Pandemic, a fun strategy game that I unfortunately find best being 1 Player and just controlling my teammates' characters.

Blakers won Future Planning by bidding 11 points!
Blakers also used the Counter on Drac, and Epist used the Block on mirdo.

Epist: 10
Blakers: 7
Lorde: 7
Drac: 7
Mirdo: 6

Blakers: 47 Points
Lorde: 40 Points
Epist: 28 Points
Mirdo: 25 Points
Drac: 25 Points
Round 9:

What is NP's favorite main series Mario Party game?
A) Mario Party 1
B) Mario Party 2
C) Mario Party 3
D) Mario Party 4
E) Mario Party 5
F) Mario Party 6
G) Mario Party 7
H) Mario Party 8
I) Mario Party 9
J) Mario Party 10

Please remember to provide your answer as a ranking, not just say my favorite. Scoring rules have changed! The rules for 1st place remain the same, but if 2nd place is in your Top 2 answers, you will earn five points instead of four, if 3rd place is in your Top 3 answers, you will earn four points instead of three, and if 4th place is in your Top 4 answers, you will earn three points instead of two! And if 5th place is in your Top 5 answers, you will earn two points! This will be the last change of the scoring rules this challenge.

It's time for a pretty good bid:
Investigation- The winner of this bid will learn every answer that has an odd numbered position in my ranking and every answer in the bottom 4 spots of my rankings in the final round.

You have 48 hours.

Powers remaining:
Blakers- Future Planning
Mirdo- Counter

Round 9: Results

The correct answer was... Mario Party 6! This is the game that really started the (temporary) trend of creative stages and it sure did it amazingly. All of the ideas in this game are incorporated in the next two installments of the series, and they all do it really well (though curse you Clockwork Castle! :p). In second is Mario Party 8, the culmination of the last two game's experimentation. What holds time one back from first place is the fact that it has MC Ballyhoo and the Lucky Space, both of which lower the enjoyment for me. Then is Mario Party 7, a game that features my all-time favorite stage (Pagoda Peak), yet has so a complete and utter disaster in Windmillville (where, unlike Koopa's Tycoon town, the best designed stage ever imo, gives you three free stars just for being lucky) that it drops to third. Then comes Mario Party 2, home of some great classic minigames and the one and only costumes. Then is Mario Party 4, a game with pretty good stage design that, in my opinion, is over-reliant on the gimmick of Mini and Mega Mushrooms. But is has Booksquirm, the best minigame of all time, and some pretty cool bonus content in volleyball. Then is Mario Party 10, a somewhat controversial game that, although I dislike the lack of map complexity caused by the new system, does it really well, features some great minigames and the amazing Bowser Party mode (I can't say the same about Amiibo Party, which just seems like "You want independent movement! Then I'll give you independent movement!" without realizing the why behind it. Then is Mario Party 3, a game hurt by the lower budget (as evidenced by the worst graphics in the series), yet with some nice map design. It's really held back, however, with things like Tumble, the incredibly frustrating Action Time, and the ? Spaces that ruin all your progress like the sand teleportation or Mommy. Then is Mario Party 5 which may be some people's favorite, but I find to be quite bland, especially in stage design where every stage feels the exact same. Next is Mario Party 9, a game with the new movement that screwed it up by having close to no minigames while playing the game. I quite enjoy the stage aesthetic, at least. Finally is Mario Party 1, a game which had some surprisingly fun stage design and, although later copied by Mario Party 2, great minigames. The two things that hold it back are Mario Party 2 being completely and utterly better and the fact that playing it requires you injuring yourself. Which is not a good thing.

Drac won Investigation by bidding 10 points!
Mirdo also used the Counter on Drac!

Mirdo: 13
Epist: 10
Lorde: 9
Blakers: 8
Drac: 7

Blakers: 55 Points
Mirdo: 50 Points
Lorde: 49 Points
Epist: 38 Points
Drac: 22 Points
Round 10:

The final round has finally come! Every spot is still in jeopardy, so this round may just be the most important round yet:

What is NP's best of these Smash 4 characters?
A) Cloud
B) Dark Pit
C) R.O.B
D) Kirby
E) Little Mac
F) Lucas
G) Marth
H) Peach
I) Rosalina & Luma
J) Samus
K) Yoshi

Please remember to provide your answer as a ranking, not just say my favorite. Scoring rules are still the same.

It's time for a pretty good bid:
Chaos- The winner of this bid will get to swap two people's scores for this round. Submit those people's names along with your bid.

You have 48 hours.

Powers remaining:
Blakers- Future Planning
Drac- Investigation

Round 10: Results

The correct answer was... Peach! So I'm gonna first start by saying I'm a bad Smash player, mostly because I play with people who never block, which is-uh-really bad. I've also told Discord people my best characters, so none of them were on here. But I love Peach and the fun combos she can pull off with her surprisingly diverse movepool of strange attacks. Next up is Cloud, a fun swordsman who can do more, which makes him pretty cool. Then is Little Mac, a ridiculously fun suicide character to play, the definition of glass cannon but great at pummeling an opponent to death. Next is Marth, the fast swordsman who's my favorite of the pure swordsmen. But that group overall is pretty boring. Then is Dark Pit, a character I unfortunately turn into an Electroshock Arm spamfest far too often but is pretty nice to play. Then is Lucas, a character who I used to be quite good at, but fell out of playing and am now terrible at. Woo! Then R.O.B., who's like Lucas but I never was very good with him in the first place. Next is Rosalina, my former main when the same came out that I subsequently never played as and am now pretty bad at. Next is Kirby, a character I just use Digest+Fling off Stage to try to win with. Also has some pretty fun gimmick attacks, which makes the Kirby mirror pretty darn fun. Then is Yoshi, who I can literally only Down B with; I don't get how he works. And last is Samus, who I can do absolutely nothing with.

Drac won Chaos by bidding 10 points and swapped Epist and Blakers!

Drac: 15
Blakers: 12
Lorde: 10
Epist: 9
Mirdo: 8

Which puts our final standings at:
Blakers: 64 Points
Lorde: 59 Points
Mirdo: 58 Points
Epist: 50 Points
Drac: 27 Points

With the advantage/disadvantage from last round, the final placement looks like this:
  1. Blakers
  2. Lorde
  3. Epist
  4. Mirdo
  5. Drac
@Blakers Please pick one of Mirdo or Drac to eliminate. Make a post in thread announcing your decision within the next two days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back