Finished The Challenge VIII - The Diamond Isles - Game Over! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAE has also dropped! He was a Regular. Let's-um-just pretend he was saved and go on to the smiting phase, shall we?
It is now the smiting phase. You have ~36 hours to submit your votes. This phase will end at 8:00 AM EST on Friday, September 22nd.

Both Regulars voted to give the power to mimes, so Game Over.
Regulars are Blakers and Epist, Mimes are Lorde and Mirdo.
@Vracken will post the results whenever he's ready.

Last edited:
The mimes were more powerful than anybody expected. Immediately, a mime was saved. But that wasn't all. During the first smiting phase, a woman decided that no fate was worse than the mimes and swam off the island. In addition, no longer after that, another man decided to leave.
Because of that, however, nobody had need to be sacrificed. The contestants rejoiced, but then a voice was heard in their heads: I have been watching the whole time. I will grant the best players a power that may come in handy very soon. Those players are--

CHALLENGE 11 - Results
Vracken has decided the winners! On Team Mime, the winners are... Lorde and Mirdo! On Team Regular, the winner is... Blakers! Congratulations! You will all receive an advantage in the next round.
And the winner of best player is:
Mirdo! You will receive an even larger advantage in the next round.

All winners have been PM'd how I think you'll do and your factoid. If you did not receive it, please PM me.
The next challenge should be up later today. Be on the lookout!

The explorers traveled to the top of the island, where there was a small hole, no larger than the size of a small storm drain. "This is where we jump down. Our vehicle should be awaiting us below," explained the mysterious man. Initially, everyone was doubtful. But they realized how far they had come, and finally, one man, almost like a seagull in appearance, fluttered down. The rest soon followed.
What was awaiting them was a large boat, fit for a king. "This ship was the possession of the Roman Emperor Caligula," the mysterious man said, "When fighting a war against Neptune, he needed a ship that could truly compete. Yet it's missing an important piece, the Holy Diamond itself. The second that diamond was removed from this ship, and therefore the Romans, the pantheon of Roman gods gave way too. It then fell into other hands, who have held onto it to this day." The man looked around, saw the bored faces of all the contestants from his history lesson, and rushed to speak, "Anyways, it wants the diamond back, and, with the last bit of magic of those old gods, will always be at this island in hope of an adventurer that can get it. It appears that will be one of you."
With that done, they began to sail down the dimly lit amethyst river the boat was in, when suddenly they heard the churning of some horror. "Oh, it forgot to mention one last thing," the masked man chuckled to himself, "The boat wouldn't float without this magic, and it's slowly losing it. To be sure it doesn't sink, we may have to throw one of you overboard at some point." The faces of the adventurers were wide with horror, and they were awestruck. Nobody quite knew what to do before the mysterious man broke the silence.
"Well, let's play a get to know you game to lighten the mood, shall we?"

CHALLENGE 12 - Get to Know You- Part 1
It's time for you all to fill out a questionnaire that will have some life and death ramifications. Doesn't that sound fun!
You have eight questions to answer, listed in this spoiler:
1. What has allowed you to make it this far?
2. Who is your largest threat remaining in the game?
3. What is your proudest moment of the game so far?
4. What type of challenge are you the best at?
5. What type of challenge are you the worst at?
6. What type of challenge is your favorite?
7. What was the worst challenge in the game so far?
8. What specific thing do you want from me as a host?
You should answer them all in a couple of sentences that are completely appropriate, like in the example right below. You don't need to do it in this exact format, but be sure I can understand which answer applies to which question.
1. What has allowed you to make it this far?
Only the benevolence of our great god NP. He is the only reason I ever could have survived to this point.
2. Who is your largest threat remaining in the game?
NP. Those competitors are all futile if he gives me the right challenges, and I'm doomed if he gives me bad ones. NP giveth and taketh away.
3. What is your proudest moment of the game so far?
When I was on a team with someone as wonderful as NP. I feel proud to just be in his company.
4. What type of challenge are you the best at?
Any one where I'm working with NP. He's really just such a great teammate.
5. What type of challenge are you the worst at?
Any one where I'm facing someone as good as NP. He's just too hard to beat.
6. What type of challenge is your favorite?
Something like that 1v1 challenge because NP was able to help the team a ton even if he unfortunately lost to the stupid Rindo Swampert. We had great teamwork then too.
7. What was the worst challenge in the game so far?
That dumb translating challenge when NP unjustly got out. It really was unfair to send him home when this was only the second challenge he ever lost and the only even decently designed challenge that he lost.
8. What specific thing do you want from me as a host?
Please more NP idolatry. I find it to be the best thing in this competition. If you could treat him just like the Friendship treated Cappy in Season 6 of Big Brother, it would be perfect.
Of course, I do not want or expect NP idolatry because I want real responses. I will take what you say into account when creating future challenges, so be genuine. The person with the best answers (which will be judged by me as a combination (adding together your ranking) of the best feedback and being the most engaging to read) will win a truly game changing advantage.

At the same time, this is a get to know you game, so your answers will not be anonymous in any way shape of form. Because of this, be careful what you say about other people.

You have a week (until 7:00 PM EST on October 5th) to answer these questions via PM, though please try to get them in sooner if possible. Once that time elapses or all people have answered the questions, Part 2 will begin. You may not discuss or hint at this challenge with anyone else (though you may talk about other game related things, provided they do not relate to this challenge or hint at your answers in any way, shape, or form).

P.S. Sorry this took so long. I've been completely swamped with work this week, and couldn't get to this any earlier.
P.P.S. Added that it has to be via PM. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused earlier.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I have finally taken control of the thread, thanks to the help of the one and only @bbninjas. Be sure to thank him the next time you see him!

What's that I just heard? There's a new TC Spectator chat, where any of you (besides those in the game) can discuss all the behind-the-scenes details!
Want to be added? PM me for details.

Three players still have yet to submit. You know who you are. Just submitting some quick and small answers is better than nothing. I'm not expecting you to make an essay, only 2-3 sentence answers. It really shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.
You currently have slightly more than 2 days remaining. Tagging again:
@Lord o da rings
@Epist
@Celever
@mirdo
@Blakers
@GM DracLord

Woah! Only one of you has yet to submit! And it's everyone's favorite Komala.
@Celever
You have barely over a day remaining. Don't forget to submit your answers.
And don't worry. I'm gonna bug you on Discord too!

Everyone was thinking about the answers to the questions except for one special someone, a little koala was was just sleeping the whole time. He tossed and turned in his sleep and accidentally rolled off the boat, causing him to drown.
The rest of them, however, got on their way to play the game. They would guess who answered what to the questions. For finishing well, the players would gain a small advantage. The loser would gain a game-changing disadvantage. But first, the new captain pulled a contestant to the side and told them, "Congratulations! You won the game changing advantage! Except it's less game changing because somebody had to fall off the boat! :U. I will still inform you that it was close; in fact, it was a tie, that I broke with best score in Best Feedback, because that's what really matters."
Having heard that, the contestant joined the others in a game, barely able to contain their excitement.

CHALLENGE 12- Part 2

First things first, Celever has dropped from the competition! Ah well. You teenagers ruining my elaborate planning by dropping (just ignore the fact that TAE isn't a teenager)!
But a winner has still been crowned (and just like the flavor, it was a tie that I broke with the tiebreaker of Best Feedback). They have been PM'd that they have won the advantage. I will reveal the winner along with the full results. For now, you have a challenge to do:
Below, I have everybody's answer to every question. It's now your job to tell me who said what! Here are the answers to all of the questions:

Question 1: What has allowed you to make it this far?
  1. My social game and alliances are what I would credit for me making it here. I've had trustworthy allies throughout the whole game.
  2. Of course the blood sacrifice (elimination & dropping out) of other player within the game.
  3. Constant comebacks and constant me being the person coming back.
  4. Sheer luck, and the game restarting. Otherwise I would still be on the sidelines!
  5. I did win a lot of the challenges (was on the winning side) if i remember right. So my BARE SKILLS AND FISTS Wings. (and great teammates)

Question 2: Who is your largest threat remaining in the game?

1. Celever, hands down.
  2. Probably Lorde. I think i betrayed him once. Whoops
  3. Celever, he has a lot of experience with all types of forum games.
  4. Definitely Celever. He's a huge threat in challenges, is very smart, and puts a lot of effort into the game. He also has a very good track record on games like this, and is the most experienced person still left, except maybe Drac.
  5. One shouldn't underestimate others, hence each one of them are equally large threat.

Question 3: What is your proudest moment of the game so far?
  1. Winning the banner challenge for Team Dabu, which made me “Captain” of the team, if only for a short while.
  2. My current present this late in the game.
  3. The Mime Challenge. That i did one Post and won was hillarious
  4. You tell me, I'm not 100% sure. I've made some dumb decisions already, but I gotta say my best one was the ghost challenge, working with TSM to bring one of us back.
  5. My proudest moment would definitely have to be during the colored rocks challenge. I had TAE check for multiple Chapera rocks, then set me up to pick next. This landed me on Team Chapera with TAE and Jesi, two of my allies. Having a voting pool of at least half the team pretty much guaranteed my survival to the merge.

Question 4: What type of challenge are you the best at?
  1. I think im a bit of an allrounder. Pretty much mediocre at everything so it kinda works out in the end in whatever direction. I'm pretty creative (e.g. CaC and stuff like that.) But if i could choose a "topic" it would probably be something geographic, Problem solving, Trivia questions or things involving the TCG. Also stealing fries and pooping on peoples heads. #DUH
  2. I would say the challenges I'm best at usually involve strategy in some way.
  3. More logical and analytical things.
  4. Any challenge that requires a team to work together. I feel lost in the dark when I am flying solo. I prefer to strategize with a team and face a common foe!
  5. I'm not the type to show off so let it be a secret for now.

Question 5: What type of challenge are you the worst at?
  1. Mafia style challenges, as seen in the last challenge. I appear to be horrible at the baiting game, and determining who is friend or foe.
  2. Everything that involves grammar and spelling. lol. Also skill based minigames and i would probably lose at a "don't yell random german words WETTBEWERB". ...oh shoot.
  3. Anything involving flash player (except ToS).
  4. Remember the time I said not showing off, in reality I'm not good in almost everything just average.
  5. Pretty much anything trivia-related. I'm terrible at trivia!

Question 6: What type of challenge is your favorite?
  1. Every once in a while a good simple challenge with a bit of strategy is fun; a great example was the colored rock challenge. It was fast paced with several updates each day, and it kept me constantly checking back to see what each challenger had picked. It was tense and exciting at the same time!
  2. Anything with teamwork so doesn't love ally.
  3. It's a toss-up between strategy and skill-based challenges. While it's fun trying to do good in certain games, strategy in and of itself is a lot of fun for me as well.
  4. The whole challenge where we had to find certain items from others was a cool one.
  5. The ones where I can be creative. Because i can hopefully make someone laugh or go "oh thats intresting" with my entry even if it's sheit otherwise. If i can't be the best i can sure as hell be the worst, but entertain. :^)

Question 7: What was the worst challenge in the game so far?
  1. Sadly the mime one didn't work out just as intended but i don't see that as "the worst" there were a few "mediocre ones" or some that just dragged on for ever. But none that really sticks out. But "the worst" was probably the one where a team had to chain posts in the thread.
  2. I hate to say it but based on my personal preference, the Mafia style challenge (Normals vs. Mimes) was the worst challenge. I felt like we didn’t have anything to go on the first day, and the second day wasn’t much better. Once again, I am biased against these types of challenges.
  3. I'm sorry to say this, but in my opinion it was Isle of the Mimes. It was a great idea in theory, but the threat of being automatically eliminated made everyone paranoid to talk.
  4. I think it's challenge is interesting nothing is worst if the host tried their best to do it.
  5. Gonna agree with you, that translating challenge was the PITS! 3 hours wasted, and I learned later only 3 of the 60 something lines in it were wrong, and I had no idea where I'd slipped up.

Question 8: What specific thing do you want from me as a host?
  1. Nothing too specific. Just a fair game through to the end with as little randomization as possible.
  2. To get this game to the end, with or without me as the winner. C:
  3. Please don't quit or disappear
  4. Regular updates and communication, and some fun challenges that lighten up the mood. You’re doing great so far, and I love the colorful descriptions of our travels!
  5. 328 thousand dollar in cash and other prices ehm. I mean. That you will be able to find whomever is worthy of thou prestigious title "Champion of Le Challenge 12" And that you have some nice Ideas for the further progression. And hopefully one or two fun games and a french fry or two.

Now, it's your job to tell me how well you know eachother. For each question, please write down your guess for who answered what in like the spoiler below. I need to be able to distinguish between the answer and your guess. Like in the spoiler below, please still note which answer was said by you.

Question 0: Who is the best TC host of all time?

1. NP is obviously the best host of all time! Look at him, standing out from the crowd and being the the best. I mean, we all want to be the best, but NP is, like no one ever was! quakingpunch73
  2. Obviously the best host in the history of The Challenge is Celever NP. His series was a bit of a mess in regards to enjoyment levels, but the flavour (his idea) was cute and the execution of some of the challenges (mainly his) were excellent. Really, all the shortcomings of The Challenge Season 6 were bbninjas' fault, and had nothing to do with Celever NP at all; if 2 Celevers NPs had run the game this game wouldn't exist beause every prospective future host would have been too intimidated by the grandiose nature of Season 6's success that they frankly wouldn't be able to live up to it. Although if we're being real, Athena's season of The Challenge was kickass and can frankly never be topped by anyone besides NP, and was by far the best yet, so she's the real best host of all time. Celever
  3. Why is this even a question? Ninjas are good at hosting TC. Penguins are good at hosting TC. NinjaPenguin is clearly the best host ever! Jabberwock
  4. It's me! Always me! I'm obviously egotistical, so why wouldn't I choose myself! NinjaPenguin
  5. I must say NP. I feel too threatened to do anything else. But he still is a pretty good host, ngl. The Top 5
Note that the actual answers were placed in a randomized order for each question with specific formatting details (paragraph breaks, and bolding) removed to make everyone's answers look consistent (though unlike the example, none of your answers were censored in any way (sorry Cel) :p). So Answer 1 on Question 1 is not necessarily by the same person as Answer 1 on Question 2.

For each better position you finish in, you'll get a small advantage in the next round. In addition, the player in last place will get a crippling disadvantage in the next round.

Now then, I told you that there would be an advantage in the last challenge. On any one question, Blakers and Lorde can answer Wild Card for all of their answers. This will count every answer in that question as correct. Mirdo may do this for two questions. I also told you coming back comes with a small disadvantage. If Epist or Lorde tie with anybody in this challenge, they will lose the tie. Otherwise, ties will go to the person with the higher score in the first part of this challenge.

The deadline for this is in one week, or October 15th at 8:15 AM EST. Good luck!

@Blakers
You're the only one left. :(

@Everyone Else
It's now your job to bug Blakers incessantly so that we can move on to the next challenge. Most creative way of bugging him wins the feeling of winning!

The moment had came. The time was up, and the winners of the get to know you game would be announced. Everyone had a varying amount of confidence. Two contestant, feeling secure in their advantage, were feeling as though the contestant was one of victory, not just survival. The other three waited with bated breath, knowing that this game could spell the end for them in not too long. Their faces were almost as brightly green with seasickness as the soft purple walls around them. Suddenly, the resident seagull vomited from the seasickness, right on top of the new captain, who, although not noticed by any of the contestants, was sleeping through the whole game.
"Bessie, honey, please be more careful with that coleslaw," he sleepily muttered before realizing that the semi-solid on his head was certainly not coleslaw and that everyone on the boat was staring at him, particularly one of the men who had been nervous earlier. "Oh, you guys want the results of that snorefest," he asked, "here they are:

CHALLENGE 12 - Get to Know You- Results
With all the answers out of the way, it's time to see how you did! I'm like 90% sure that the standings are correct, but there may or may not be a mistake in my scoring, so if you see one in your scoring, feel free to correct it (if you get it in within the next 48 hours, I'll correct the standings with it, to give you some incentive to check). Also, the flavor above does give you a good clue on who will win, so I suggest you have a bit of fun and try to guess based off of it before you see the standings:

First, let's look at your results in Part 1:
  1. Mirdo
  2. Epist
  3. Lorde
  4. Blakers
  5. Drac
  1. Epist
  2. Mirdo
  3. Blakers
  4. Drac
  5. Lorde
  1. Epist
  2. Mirdo
  3. Blakers
  4. Lorde
  5. Drac
That means that Epist has won the advantage! You'll all find out what it is next challenge.

And now, the results you've all been looking for: Part 2!
Question 1: What has allowed you to make it this far?
  1. My social game and alliances are what I would credit for me making it here. I've had trustworthy allies throughout the whole game. Blakers
  2. Of course the blood sacrifice (elimination & dropping out) of other player within the game. Drac
  3. Constant comebacks and constant me being the person coming back. Lorde
  4. Sheer luck, and the game restarting. Otherwise I would still be on the sidelines! Epist
  5. I did win a lot of the challenges (was on the winning side) if i remember right. So my BARE SKILLS AND FISTS Wings. (and great teammates) Mirdo
Lorde: 5/5
Epist: 3/5
Mirdo: 3/5
Blakers: 5/5
Drac: 2/5

Question 2: Who is your largest threat remaining in the game?

1. Celever, hands down. Lorde
  2. Probably Lorde. I think i betrayed him once. Whoops Mirdo
  3. Celever, he has a lot of experience with all types of forum games. Epist
  4. Definitely Celever. He's a huge threat in challenges, is very smart, and puts a lot of effort into the game. He also has a very good track record on games like this, and is the most experienced person still left, except maybe Drac. Blakers
  5. One shouldn't underestimate others, hence each one of them are equally large threat. Drac
Lorde: WILD CARD 5/5
Mirdo: WILD CARD 5/5
Drac: 3/5

Question 3: What is your proudest moment of the game so far?
  1. Winning the banner challenge for Team Dabu, which made me “Captain” of the team, if only for a short while. Epist
  2. My current present this late in the game. Drac
  3. The Mime Challenge. That i did one Post and won was hillarious Mirdo
  4. You tell me, I'm not 100% sure. I've made some dumb decisions already, but I gotta say my best one was the ghost challenge, working with TSM to bring one of us back. Lorde
  5. My proudest moment would definitely have to be during the colored rocks challenge. I had TAE check for multiple Chapera rocks, then set me up to pick next. This landed me on Team Chapera with TAE and Jesi, two of my allies. Having a voting pool of at least half the team pretty much guaranteed my survival to the merge. Blakers
Epist: 2/5
Mirdo: 5/5
Drac: 5/5

Question 4: What type of challenge are you the best at?
  1. I think im a bit of an allrounder. Pretty much mediocre at everything so it kinda works out in the end in whatever direction. I'm pretty creative (e.g. CaC and stuff like that.) But if i could choose a "topic" it would probably be something geographic, Problem solving, Trivia questions or things involving the TCG. Also stealing fries and pooping on peoples heads. #DUH Mirdo
  2. I would say the challenges I'm best at usually involve strategy in some way. Blakers
  3. More logical and analytical things. Lorde
  4. Any challenge that requires a team to work together. I feel lost in the dark when I am flying solo. I prefer to strategize with a team and face a common foe! Epist
  5. I'm not the type to show off so let it be a secret for now. Drac
Lorde: 3/5
Mirdo: 1/5

Question 5: What type of challenge are you the worst at?
  1. Mafia style challenges, as seen in the last challenge. I appear to be horrible at the baiting game, and determining who is friend or foe. Epist
  2. Everything that involves grammar and spelling. lol. Also skill based minigames and i would probably lose at a "don't yell random german words WETTBEWERB". ...oh shoot. Mirdo
  3. Anything involving flash player (except ToS). Lorde
  4. Remember the time I said not showing off, in reality I'm not good in almost everything just average. Drac
  5. Pretty much anything trivia-related. I'm terrible at trivia! Blakers
Mirdo: 2/5

Question 6: What type of challenge is your favorite?
  1. Every once in a while a good simple challenge with a bit of strategy is fun; a great example was the colored rock challenge. It was fast paced with several updates each day, and it kept me constantly checking back to see what each challenger had picked. It was tense and exciting at the same time! Epist
  2. Anything with teamwork so doesn't love ally. Drac
  3. It's a toss-up between strategy and skill-based challenges. While it's fun trying to do good in certain games, strategy in and of itself is a lot of fun for me as well. Blakers
  4. The whole challenge where we had to find certain items from others was a cool one. Lorde
  5. The ones where I can be creative. Because i can hopefully make someone laugh or go "oh thats intresting" with my entry even if it's sheit otherwise. If i can't be the best i can sure as hell be the worst, but entertain. :^) Mirdo
Mirdo: 1/5
Blakers: 3/5
Drac: 5/5

Question 7: What was the worst challenge in the game so far?
  1. Sadly the mime one didn't work out just as intended but i don't see that as "the worst" there were a few "mediocre ones" or some that just dragged on for ever. But none that really sticks out. But "the worst" was probably the one where a team had to chain posts in the thread. Mirdo
  2. I hate to say it but based on my personal preference, the Mafia style challenge (Normals vs. Mimes) was the worst challenge. I felt like we didn’t have anything to go on the first day, and the second day wasn’t much better. Once again, I am biased against these types of challenges. Epist
  3. I'm sorry to say this, but in my opinion it was Isle of the Mimes. It was a great idea in theory, but the threat of being automatically eliminated made everyone paranoid to talk. Blakers
  4. I think it's challenge is interesting nothing is worst if the host tried their best to do it. Drac
  5. Gonna agree with you, that translating challenge was the PITS! 3 hours wasted, and I learned later only 3 of the 60 something lines in it were wrong, and I had no idea where I'd slipped up. Lorde
Epist: 2/5
Mirdo: 2/5
Blakers: WILD CARD 5/5
Drac: 1/5

Question 8: What specific thing do you want from me as a host?
  1. Nothing too specific. Just a fair game through to the end with as little randomization as possible. Blakers
  2. To get this game to the end, with or without me as the winner. C: Lorde
  3. Please don't quit or disappear Drac
  4. Regular updates and communication, and some fun challenges that lighten up the mood. You’re doing great so far, and I love the colorful descriptions of our travels! Epist
  5. 328 thousand dollar in cash and other prices ehm. I mean. That you will be able to find whomever is worthy of thou prestigious title "Champion of Le Challenge 12" And that you have some nice Ideas for the further progression. And hopefully one or two fun games and a french fry or two. Mirdo
Mirdo: WILD CARD 5/5
Blakers: 3/5

Which means that our final standings for Part 2 are:
  1. Blakers: 36/50
  2. Lorde: 34/40
  3. Mirdo: 24/40
  4. Epist: 22/40
  5. Drac: 22/40
Congratulations to all of you! You'll all be informed of your advantages/disadvantages at the beginning of the next challenge.
The next challenge should be up in the next couple of hours. Stay tuned!

Just glad I didn't come in dead last with the guesses (thanks Drac!), definitely more off than I thought though!

The ship was clearly losing its magic. Even the tiniest wave had the power of rocking the boat, and the ceiling was either higher or the boat was at risk of completely sinking. The tiles on the side of the boat, previous resembling the victories of the Roman men from Romulus to Scipio to Julius, now resembled decrepit, practically unrecognizable marble statues at a history museum. Suddenly, a large wave came whisking through the river, and the boat jumped off the surface of the river. The adventurers were scared, but this was no time to turn back. And it was certainly no time to swim. One of the gull's feathers had landed in the river earlier, and had promptly disintegrated. So there was only one solution: throw a poor person off the boat. But how would they decide? A fair contest, of course, would be the decider, but what thing could cause the captain to be more interested than last time? "Well, I'm interesting, of course," the captain said, "So let's have the last challenge, just about me, just with a fun little twist."

CHALLENGE 13 - Do You Know Me?

As said in the flavor above, this challenge is all about me and what I like. These questions will vary in topic, but at the end of the day, I'll be able to rank my favorites of all of them. Your goal is to guess my favorites correctly. Each round (of ten total rounds), I'll post a number of things equal to the round number that I like to varying degrees. You will provide a numbered list, from favorite to least favorite, of what you think my answers are. For every guess of my favorite away from last place, you'll earn one point. And if you get it right on, you'll earn three. (Note that this formula will be changed at points throughout the challenge, but you will be warned about it.) It's that simple! Right?
Well not quite. Every round, I will offer something that you can bid on with your hard-earned points. Everybody will submit a number of their point that they'll be willing to sacrifice to get the advantage. Whoever bids the highest wins it and must lose however many points they bid.
Here's how an example question, answer, scoring, and bids would work:
What is NP's favorite of these animals?

A) Panda
B) Snake
C) Liger
D) Penguin
E) Dolphin

Bid: NPs Enduring Affection- He'll love you forever. :)
  1. Dolphin
  2. Penguin
  3. Liger
  4. Snake
  5. Panda
I'll bid 5 points on NP's Enduring Affection.
The correct answer was:
  1. Penguin
  2. Dolphin
  3. Panda
  4. Liger
  5. Snake
You answered the correct answer, Penguin, at three answers away from last place. That earns you three points!
Unfortunately, you were outbid on NP's Enduring Affection. Better luck next time!

But first, you need to know one final mind game:
Your position in Part 2 has determined a certain number of points you have at the beginning of this round. You may choose to spend your points to save yourself or sabotage a rival. Everybody has this many points (Fibonacci sequence based on last challenge's results):
Blakers: 8/-13
Lorde: 5/-8
Mirdo: 3/-5
Epist: 2/-3
Drac: 1/-2
You may choose to give your positive points to yourself, or hurt one player of your choice by the quantity of the negative points. For example, "NP" could choose to give 13 points to himself or give bbninjas (or any other competitor) -21 points. You may also hold off on doing this, but for every round you wait, the value of each of both your positive and negative points will decrease by one (so only 12 and -20 points for NP).

Now for the game changing advantages and disadvantages from last round:
Epist, as the winner from Part 1, will have a result one spot higher than his result in this challenge.
Drac, as the loser from Part 2, will have a result one spot lower than his result in this challenge.
Ties will be broken by finish in Part 2 of the last challenge.

So with all of that out of the way, how will elimination work? Good question! The player who finishes with the most points (not counting Epist's or Drac's disadvantages) will choose one of the bottom two to eliminate! :eek:

You have 48 hours (until 7:30 PM EST on Monday, October 16th) to decide which of the initial points, if any, you want to give to anybody, ask me any questions you have, and potentially correct my point total from last question. The first round of options will be posted in thread when this is done.

Last edited:
Round 1:
Which Gen 6 Pokemon game does NP prefer?
A) Pokemon X
B) Pokemon Y

Bid:
Double Guess- On the round you use this power, both the options you rank at #1 and #2 will count as if you ranked them as #1. To use it, just PM me Double Guess along with your ranking. This can be done on any round of your choosing.

Current Standings:
Blakers: 8 Points
Lorde: 5 Points
Mirdo: 3 Points
Drac: 0 Points
Epist: -2 Points

If you can't tell, everybody besides Drac used the positive points on theirself; Drac used negative on Epist and Epist did nothing.
Epist now has one positive points and two negative points.

Deadline for your answer and bid is in 48 hours, or Friday, October 19, at 7:45 AM EST. This round is pretty simple though, so I expect you to get it in more quickly than that.

Remember that you can only place bids equal to the points you have. So currently, Drac and Epist are ineligible to bid.

@Lord o da rings Please submit something. I shouldn't need to remind you guys to answer something this simple in two days. This is a skill competition, not an activity one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back