Finished The Challenge VIII - The Diamond Isles - Game Over! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Yup, it seems that Professor P has disappeared. ...So we're going to have an intermediary challenge, yay!

Challenge 10.5 - The Great Intermission
We're pretty much left with two options: find a new host, or this season, unfortunately, gets cancelled.

If you're someone who'd be keen to host the remainder of the game, please contact myself, Celever and Vracken. Keep in mind that you absolutely do not have to stick with the plans that Prof P had, if you were to host, especially since most of us didn't know them in the first place. :p

If not, all good; this one'll just have to go to the dusty archives of The Challenge.

I heard Big Brother is popular this time of the year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me end things and I'll declare a final winner with a single Pokémon .gif YPPY showdown! :U

In all seriousness, though, would hate to see another challenge left unfinished, so hopefully someone will volunteer. I'll be having a house guest soon, and I'm already running a mafia game elsewhere, so now's not the best time for me to do anything more in depth than my joke suggestion above, but I do hope another host will step up.

Would love to host but you all know I'm hosting Mafia already. I definitely would step up, but I'm not sure it's great (or even allowed) for someone to be hosting two games at once. Anyways, hope the rest of the competitors get a host who can run the game to it's end!

I would definitely like this season to finish rather than get cancelled. Games getting cancelled sucks massively, and this game has come this far already.

I'd be happy to host if you couldn't find anyone else, but Jade and I are planning on hosting The Amazing Race soon, which would limit my time working on this game. I do have a couple of ideas for challenges that I would love to implement if given the opportunity.

I'd like to see this through to the end. Even if I haven't been active recently, it'd be a real shame to let this game get cancelled after it was going so smoothly.

Prof seemed to disappear out of nowhere. I hope he's okay.

For full clarity, because the original post wasn't too clear, if you're interested in hosting, please PM bbninjas, Celever and Vracken on the forums. Some hosts have provided interest on Discord, but these conversations have not included all forum staff. Please also PM if you're considering hosting but have questions about what it would involve.

The Treasure Hunters were intently focused on what to do with eight arms. So intently focused, that is, that they lost all idea of space or time and just sat there, concentrating, for over a month. Suddenly, however, their concentrating was interrupted by a certain masked man, who threw the previous captain overboard. His identity was unknown, but something about him made him immediately convincing.
"Why concentrate on this route and path to the Diamond Isles? You want the Holy Diamond? I know a way to get there much faster. You'll just need to turn 50 degrees North, travel a few knots, and listen to me."
The group decided what to do. Should they follow this man's advice? They decided to turn to augury, and waited on their patron seabird, Chapera, for advice. Immediately, a seagull squawked in the distance.
The group almost unanimously agreed to follow this new captain's advice. I say almost because one man, Firo, decided to disagree. When he couldn't get his way, he jumped off the boat, determined to swim to the Isles his way. Unfortunately, the anchor, known by some as Dabu, caught him, trapping him to the boat so hard that he drowned.
With Firo out of the way, the rest of the group set sail on the mysterious man's route, unknown of what would come next.

CHALLENGE 10.75 - A Drastic Change

As you guys probably know, I've taken over this challenge for Professor P. I intend to keep ghost votes, but I don't know anything else about the plans, so that'll probably be the extent of it.
Since the game is switching to my leadership, I'd like all active participants to share all the conversations they had with any player (including eliminated ones) with me (and any future conversation you have too, of course). Once you're done with that, please like this post to confirm you've done it. Also, if any of you would not like to continue (besides Firo, who I already know has dropped out), please also PM me. The deadline for this is one week from now, Friday, September 15th at midnight EST.
The first challenge under my leadership will come on Monday, September 11th between 7 AM and 7PM EST. Be prepared for then!
And if you happen to read this thread, you may want to view it around then too. You never know when you might have a chance to come back...

Last edited:
As this new man boarded the boat, one competitor was sitting in the boiler room, dejected that he had lost the first part of the challenge. LC exited around the boat, and climbed on the front, to cheer himself up by looking at the calm, rolling waves. Perched on Ogakor, he began to relax and didn't see the wave that was about to hit the ship, which knocked him off Ogakor and into the ocean.
The competitors had some sadness about the fates of these teammates, but at the same time, they were two steps closer to getting their hands on the Holy Diamond. They held a feast for it that night.
But not all was as they thought. Firo and LC still had some power despite their deaths. As they were drowning, both of them had the chance to get the ocean spirits to return others in their place. Firo wished to help Athena, who was relaxing on a beach in a nearby island. When he asked Athena if she wanted to come back, she declined, saying that the ocean lifestyle was good enough for her. Meanwhile, LC visited Epist, who was at a nearby Trading Post. Epist immediately accepted, and was brought by the ocean spirits to the boat. Not needing to visit his next two picks, BV and Simsands, LC dissipated, content with what he had done.
Firo, meanwhile, was left looking for someone worthy. He went to where Epist once was, but couldn't find him anywhere. Luckily for him, Lorde, his next pick, stumbled into Epist's home to talk to him. Firo immediately offered to bring Lorde back, and she accepted. The spirits carried her onto the boat, just as land became visible.
The travelers, glad to finally see land, squealed with joy. But the new captain sternly cautioned them against this. "Have you ever heard of the Isle of the Mimes?" he asked.
When he saw nobody knew, he began to explain. "This island is covered with mimes, who have come here in a journey to find the diamond and have changed in the process. To say it simply, this island is possessed. The second we touch land, the energy of the mimes will begin to consume some of us. 3 of us, to be exact. Those mimes will then follow us, trying to get that Holy Diamond. Our jobs will be to find those of us who have not been converted to mimes, and bring them to me, where I can protect them. If we bring one and only one mime, I'll be able to hold them off. Any more, and we'll be in trouble. Luckily, I have a solution to help us out. Every time we bring someone, I'll be able to gain some energy. You guys will then vote on who gets the energy, and they can smite the mimeness out of anyone. If we can hold back two of them, we'll be safe, but one of them will have to perish so I can heal the other two. If we can't, one of the non-mimes will perish and I'll use the energy of your death to heal all three of them."

CHALLENGE 11 - Isle of the Mimes

Welcome to the Isle of the Mimes! As the flavor said, Lorde and Epist are back in the challenge, and were chosen to come back by the recently dropped Firo and LC respectively. They still need to recover from the journey and will be at very slight disadvantages in the next two challenges. This will be the last revival! From now on, if you're out, you're out.

Here's how the challenge will play out:

Teams:
You will be randomly split into two teams, the Mimes and the Regulars, and will receive a PM to tell you what team you are on. There will be 5 Regulars and 3 Mimes. The Mimes will receive the ability to communicate outside of the thread. Besides the Mime QT, there is no Outside Communication allowed about this game during the duration of the challenge.

Phases:
During the safety phase, all players will be able to discuss who to save in the thread. At any time, you may vote on who to save with "SAVE: PLAYER". At the end of 72 hours, the player with the safety votes equal to the majority of players (if anyone) will be saved. If nobody has the majority vote, a random player will be saved. Once a player has been saved, their role will be revealed and they will exit the game.

During the smiting phase, all Regulars will have 24 hours to vote in their PMs for a player (other than themselves) to receive the power of smiting, while all Mimes will vote in their QT for a player to disable from being able to smite a player. Then, the player with the most votes will receive the power of smiting (if two players are tied, it will be determined by random.org), and will have 24 hours to choose a player to smite. If the Mimes chose to disable that player from smiting, however, the player with the power of smiting will be unable to smite anyone that night.

If there is only one Regular remaining, they will automatically receive the power of smiting and will be unable to be disabled.
If no Regulars remain, half of the remaining Mimes (rounded up) will count as being saved and the game will be over.
If the safety phase comes and there is only one Regular and Mime remaining, the Mime will count as being saved.
There are no roles other than Mime or Regular. What you see is what you get.

How to Win:
If the Mimes have two players on their team that are saved, they will be safe from elimination. If the Regulars prevent this, they will be safe from elimination. The player on the losing team that our wonderful judge and defending champion, @Vracken, feels played the worst will be eliminated.

tl;dr
Save Regulars.
Give Regulars Power of Smiting.
Smite Mimes.

I understand that the game is confusing, so you have ~36 hours to ask me questions or inform me of any loopholes that you see. The game will start on 8 PM EST on tomorrow, September 12th, or however close to that I can get online.

P.S. I’m also introducing a tiny reward for winning challenges. If you win a challenge (and being brought back just now counts for this), you’ll get to see vague descriptions about how well I think you’ll preform at the challenges up to the Top 4 and one other small factoid. You never know when it might help (and yes, although it may seem useless, it will help almost certainly help you in at least one challenge).

Last edited:
Please note that I accept bribes, though of what, and how you get them to me will be ... rather difficult. Good luck everyone ^w^

Roles PMs are now being sent. Please like this post to confirm your role. Once 7 players like the post, the challenge will begin.

@PikaMasterJesi
@Celever
@mirdo
Are still yet to confirm their roles. Please do so ASAP. If you did not receive a role, please PM me.
If you do not confirm you roles in the next 12 hours, I'll send you another PM about this and a message on Discord about it (seeing as you all use Discord).

After much bugging of players, the game has finally started. The first saving phase has begun, and will end in approximately 3 days, at 8:00 PM EST on Sunday, September 17th. Here's a countdown for your convenience: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...20&p0=179&msg=Saving+Phase+1+End&font=cursive

Remember: to vote, use VOTE: [Player], with the VOTE in bold. There is no reason to unvote in this game, so there is therefore no command for it.

Masstag:
@Lord o da rings
@Epist
@Celever
@PikaMasterJesi
@mirdo
@TheAnticipationEevee
@Blakers
@GM DracLord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back