Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ik you're busy Thena; dw about it. You've got too much stuff happening for me to justify asking you to art something on top of that. :p

(of course if you really really want to and you find yourself not as busy as you thought then in that case Palossand <3)

Yeah, doesn't look like I made it before leaving, but sometime in January for sure. :p

In the meantime, I will be leaving on my vacation shortly! I hope everyone has a good winter holiday, and I hope our three remaining challengers are ready for the fun that awaits them in these last few challenges. :D

I should probably say, I am travelling from the 2nd to the 10th, and will be away from internet for that time

Challenge Update!
Dispensing with the flavour for now to share two important updates to our three remaining challengers:

1) I've finally completed Jabberwock's prize from the last update! And I'm really pleased with how Palossand turned out, too. :3

zpgHpR.png

2) After some internal deliberation I have decided to forego a penultimate round of the Challenge and instead move onto the Final Round with all 3 challengers. The final round will consist of a series of mini-challenges, with the winner of the most mini-challenges crowned the final overall winner. After all, this game has been going on quite a while now, and it probably doesn't need to be dragged out even longer than necessary at this point. :p

The first mini-challenge of the final round will start within 24-48 hours. So get ready! :D

@Jabberwock @Skyleaf2000 @Vracken

So, it looks like @Skyleaf2000 hasn't been on for a few days, and I'd hate to just start things up again without her knowing, especially since I'm kind of changing the format and going into the final round right away. Does anyone know of a way to poke her off-forum and let her know what's going on?

Nah, from my understanding, she is only active here, and not really one for communicating on outside networks, though I don't know for sure sorry Athena

No problem, thanks for letting me know. I'll give it another day or so but if she's still MIA we'll just have to start without her.

Awesome, thanks! <3 It's a bit late now for me to get stuff finished and posted before I need to flee to prepare dinner, and I'm already working on a few other things, so it looks like we'll be starting tomorrow. Stay tuned! :D

4MixpnB.png

Somewhat nervously, Jabber, Mathas, and Naxi approached the Queen's throne room. Against all odds, the Oracle, Priest, and Ranger had beaten out the competition and made it to the last round, and now that final challenge had arrived. None of them really expected it, and none of them knew what to expect from here on out.

For the first time since the start of the Challenge, the castle was filled to bursting. Local nobles, foreign dignitaries, rich merchants who bribed servants to make it into the castle... everywhere you looked the hallways were filled with spectators eager shake the hands of those who might win all, and also to size up their individual chances of winning, for bets were being placed far and wide about who would take home the prize.

The throne room itself was barely controlled chaos as pages rushed back and forth trying to serve as many people as possible and not step on any of the various flowing robes, dangling hair, or other obstacles. Queen Athena herself was lounged almost casually in her throne as she chatted with one of the visiting Oreskran nobles.

As soon as the three challengers entered, a huge blast of trumpets started the gathered spectators into stunned silence, and Athena sat up properly in her throne as they walked forward, though her eyes glittered with amusement. "So we reach the final challenge, with all three of you ready and eager to compete against each other for the last time and claim the glory for yourself.

"This last challenge will be a bit different from the others, given that you will each compete in many small, different tasks, earning points--or losing them--based on your performance. The challenger with the most points at the end will be crowned the winner. And your very first round starts...

"Now." She smiled.

"For your first round, each of you must obtain sponsors to promote you. Anyone in the city limits can potential be a sponsor for you. These sponsors do not have to provide you with any other funding, but they must be willing to back you over any of the other competitors, as they can only choose to sponsor one challenger a piece. You will earn a number of points based on how many sponsors you earn compared to your foes. I wish you all the best of luck and skill!"

The Final Challenge
Round 1

For the first round, each of the three remaining competitors must find sponsors from within the PokéBeach forum community to vouch for them. The more sponsors you get, the more points you earn!

Instructions:
  1. This round is super simple. Basically, you just have to talk to other PokéBeach members and get them to sponsor you.
  2. If another member agrees to sponsor you, the way they do so is by sending me a PM and saying that they're sponsoring X, where X is the username of the member they choose to sponsor. (RIP my inbox)
  3. Anyone who has an account on PokéBeach as of the time of this post can be a potential sponsor except for me and the three remaining players. So, no, you can't sponsor yourself, you can't sponsor one of the other two players, and I'm not going to sponsor anyone.
  4. Each sponsor can only sponsor one player and once it's been PMed, it's final.
  5. The deadline for sponsor submission is Tuesday, January 17th at 2:00pm Central European Time. That is the same as 1:00pm GMT, 8:00am Eastern US time, 5:00am Pacific US time, or approximately a half hour before the time of this post in your own time zone.
  6. Once the deadline has been reached points will be award in the following fashion:
    1. The player with the most sponsors gains 2 points
    2. The player with the second most sponsors gains 1 point
    3. The player with the least sponsors gains 0 points
  7. If any player has ZERO sponsors, which effectively means they are choosing not to participate in the round, they will receive -1 point.
  8. Total point tallies will be shared at the beginning of the next round and will continue throughout the challenge.

Overall Information About The Final Challenge:
  1. The Final Challenge will contain 7 rounds total.
  2. Each round will see competitors competing in a mini-challenge where they will earn a number of points based on their success in that round compared to the other players.
  3. Refusal to participate in a particular round will earn that challenger a negative point.
  4. Once all rounds have been completed, the challenger with the most points will be crowned the winner.
  5. In the event of a tie at the end of the seventh round, an additional round will be played to serve as a tie-breaker between the tied parties.
Good luck and have fun! :D Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

For the record, if there are any ties for the number of sponsors for a given player, both players get the higher number of points. So, for example, if the final tally ends up being A - 15, B - 15, and C - 10, then A and B get 2 points and C gets 1. If it ends up being A - 15, B - 10, and C - 10, then A gets 2 points and B and C both get 1.

Hey guys, great work so far! :D There have been a total of 19 submitted sponsorships, but there are a LOT more members than that on PokéBeach, so plenty more opportunities! :p One challenger, I won't say who, is definitely holding a very solid lead, so if you think you might be behind, you've still got another day and a half or so to cajole, bribe, convince, bully, flatter, beg, and otherwise win yourself more sponsorships to put yourself in the lead before round 2! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back