Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1rPFERo.png

After a day of rest and preparation, the four remaining challengers traveled with Queen Athena to the Mycenian Ruins. They rode together in a large covered carriage, and the Queen pointed out various spots of interest along the way, much to the delight of the travelers. Since the Ruins were rather large and remote, the journey would take longer than a single day, so they spent the night together in a fortress near a river crossing, then continued the following day, arriving at the Ruins shortly before noon.

The entrance to the Mycenian Ruins was... not quite what the challengers expected. Rather than a large castle, or some glorious landscape, they were instead greeted with a hard-to-spot hole in the side of the rock face of a mountain, barely large enough for two people to walk abreast.

The Queen stopped to a halt shortly before the entrance. "Here before you lies the entrance to the Mycenian Ruins. No one will help you once you're inside; you'll be completely on your own. Your mission is to get as deep as you can, and to collect as much as you can... or at least further and more than your fellow competitors." She smiled wanely. "It is not a trip for the faint of heart, but I believe all of you will exceed my expectations. Go forth and meet your destiny!"

The Queen retreated back to a pavillion that had been set up for her benefit nearby, and she helped herself to a nice, large meal while waiting for the challengers to complete their quest. First back was Naxi, then Jabber, then Mathas... but the deadline came and went, and there was still no sign of Altaver.

Worried, Athena sent a portion of her guards into the Ruins to search for the lone remaining challenger, and they returned only a few minutes later with Altaver supported between them. The poor woman looked scared half to death, and was shaking like a leaf!

"I don't know what came over me, my Queen," Altaver stammered as she was brought into the pavillion and offered warm food and drink, "but as soon as I got in there I just... I just locked up and I couldn't go anywhere or do anything." She hung her head, tears glittering in the corners of her eyes. "I'm so sorry to have failed you."

"Cheer up, my devoted lady." The Queen smiled. "Failure is only a mistake to learn from, and you have accomplished much and more in this Challenge over all, a lifetime's worth of achievements to be proud of. You may be eliminated, but keep your head up high, for you will go far in this world. I'm sure of it."

Challenge 15 Results
The Mycenian Ruins

The final scores for all challengers are as follows:

@Skyleaf2000 - 107748
@Vracken - 52553
@Jabberwock - 5014
@Celever - 0
I'm glad that at least 3 out of 4 of you had fun with this game. :p I thought it was rather amusing myself, and I had quite a lot of fun playing it while I was stuck on the laptop at my mother-in-law's house during construction. It combined a lot of the fun of old text-input computer games and the craziness of old school D&D, and the theme also felt rather fitting, too! Unfortunately for the 4th person, this is an elimination challenge, and so...

aYccsCG.png

@Celever has been eliminated from the game!

Thank you very much for participating! I hope you enjoyed your time in the game. Please contact me privately if you would like a link to the Dead/Spectator QT to discuss the game behind the scenes.​

The Next Challenge?

Should be up sometime within a week! My goal is to have it running and live before the Sun/Moon TCG set starts leaking, since I'll obviously be fairly busy with that, and shortly afterward I'll have Cipher to handle, too...

Thank you all for being patient with my slowness lately. Between construction taking forever, and my own surgery and recovery being a bit more difficult than anticipated, I've obviously not been feeling up to doing a whole lot recently.

The next challenge will probably be the last one before we take a break for the winter holidays (and for my own vacation to the US), and will resume with the final 1-2 challenges after the new year.

We don't blame you for the slowness (it has been kinda refreshing), I at least and I am sure the others, are just happy you are feeling better ^w^
With that being said, I do look forward to the new challenge

Happy anniversary everyone ^w^
Today, or potentially in a few hours depending on where you live, the prologue challenge was posted just a year ago.

Since the next challenge hasn't yet been posted, I'm gonna claim this accolade myself too: Congrats on surviving for a whole year, Final 4! This has been such an awesome journey. I think it must be my favourite edition of this competition yet! <3

Happy anniversary everyone! \o/

Sorry this game has gone on for so long, but I hope you enjoy it.

Sadly I have been super busy lately and that seems to be continuing still. If I have a chance, I would do a light and silly "fun" challenge (no elimination) for the next week or so, just so that things aren't dead and I can stick to my claim of running another challenge before my vacation. :p

3RBZRCI.png

"And so we are down to three," the Queen proclaimed as the remaining challengers gathered in her solar. "I'd hoped to get down to just two before the winter holidays begin, but once again, my duties call me elsewhere. It would be unfair to host an elimination competition while I have such little attention to spare, but I thought I might let you all enjoy a little game for some fun and relaxation, and to win a prize! I hope you all enjoy the game and have a delightful holiday."

Challenge 16
Alolan Volcanic Panic!

To honour the release of Sun/Moon, and for fun, challengers will be competing in the official Pokémon game "Alolan Volcanic Panic"!

Instructions:
  1. Everyone gets to play the Pokémon flash game Alolan Volcanic Panic! Follow the instructions within the game to save Alola from fiery (or watery, or grassy) destruction by some very colourful chunks of lava.
  2. Post a screenshot of your final score in thread to submit it. As always, screenshots must show PokéBeach or your username in someway and need to be posted publicly, not PMed, in order to be valid. Post as many screenshots as you want; only your higehst score will count.
  3. The deadline for submission is Tuesday, December 13st at 11:00am Central European Time. That is the same as 10:00am GMT, 6:00am Eastern US time, 3:00am Pacific US time, or approximately the time of this post in your own time zone.
  4. Once the deadline has been reached, the player with the highest score receives a very special prize: A drawing of an Alola Pokémon of your choice by me! Check out my Deviant Art page if you'd like to see some samples of my artwork.
  5. Since there is no elimination, you don't technically have to play, but if you don't, I will mercilessly make fun of you.
  6. Once this challenge has been completed, the game will be on hold until I return back from my vacation on January 9th.

Good luck and have fun! :D

5xQxjJk.png

I don't think I am getting a good score. Opening and closing it doesn't do anything nor does refreshing it

I don't think I am getting a good score. Opening and closing it doesn't do anything nor does refreshing it

Do you perhaps have a plug-in on your browser that could be manipulating stuff? Also, do you have an updated flash player?

Two things.

Once the deadline has been reached, the player with the highest score receives a very special prize: A drawing of an Alola Pokémon of your choice by me!
Do you mean that you'll draw an Alolan Pokémon that already exists, or an Alolan version of a Pokémon that doesn't have any regional variant yet?
Because Paras.

The deadline for submission is Tuesday, December 13st at 11:00am Central European Time.
I am very excited to behold this legendary day of December thirteenst. XD

Do you mean that you'll draw an Alolan Pokémon that already exists, or an Alolan version of a Pokémon that doesn't have any regional variant yet?
Because Paras.

Any new 7th gen Pokémon. I'm not very good at creating new Pokémon.

I died wave 3 because of my bug, I don't think I am going to be submitting a particularly impressive score :/

I don't think I'll have time to make a submission. I have a bunch of tests coming up this week and I've had to attend 4 concerts this weekend.
Feel free to mercilessly make fun of me, but please don't hurt poor Mathas. It's not his fault I'm lame at playing him. T_T

*ding ding ding* Time is up!

And the winner with the best and only submission is... *drumroll* @Jabberwock! Congratulations! :D

Post here with whatever 7th Gen Pokémon you'd like me to draw, please! I hope to get it done for you before I leave on holiday, but no promises, since I'll be pretty busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back