Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This is The "Card Collector Help" Thread.

Here, you may:
  • Ask a basic question about any TCG Product or individual cards, including, but not limited to, Booster Boxes, Promo Boxes, Tins, Collector's Album's and much more.
  • Ask to know where and/or how to get a specified TCG Product or card.
  • Ask for ways to keep/manage/improve your collection(s).

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

Wow what a shame the old one got deleted. Anyways, I was wondering, how many different types of Action Flipz sets were released in North America if anyone knows?

I know there's the classic one featuring the original Pokemon. And then there was also a Pokemon Advanced one. But I've seen 3 different pack arts for the Advanced series. Are they all the same? The one that features the R/S trio does have a different style so I'm guessing that might be different. But yeah, any others? I'm sure there are more in Europe and what not but I'm just interested in finding out about the ones from North America at the moment.

Does anyone know where to find the japanese versions of the Neo and E series?

Ebay probably is the best option. And also, a question: Is it just me or there seems to be a HUGE shortage of E-series cards?

DrunkSpinda said:
Ebay probably is the best option. And also, a question: Is it just me or there seems to be a HUGE shortage of E-series cards?

I can't seem to find ANY japanese E-series boxes :shy:

I just found a japanese base set booster box for 520$! Good deal?

Jungletoad said:
DrunkSpinda said:

It's an okay deal. I got mine for 250$ shipped but I would consider that extremely lucky since I haven't seen one that low for a long time now. I think the going price on auction for a sealed box is usually 450$.

JUST GET THE SKYRIDGE BOX :D

bagoly14 said:
Jungletoad said:

It's an okay deal. I got mine for 250$ shipped but I would consider that extremely lucky since I haven't seen one that low for a long time now. I think the going price on auction for a sealed box is usually 450$.

I just bought a Skyridge box! Tables will be flipped if i pull Charizard :D

As for the Artbox flipz cards, I am currently collecting them. There was Gen 1, Advanced and yes some different packaging on the advanced ones. I want to buy some of the starter pictured packs and find out if its the same as the other Advanced cards or different. In fact I think I will do just that.

Jungletoad said:
bagoly14 said:

I just bought a Skyridge box! Tables will be flipped if i pull Charizard :D

Post pictures of your pulls! I just got japanese crystal lugia, golem, kingdra, nidoking, and ho-oh in the mail so you'll have to top that :p

Binx345 said:
As for the Artbox flipz cards, I am currently collecting them. There was Gen 1, Advanced and yes some different packaging on the advanced ones. I want to buy some of the starter pictured packs and find out if its the same as the other Advanced cards or different. In fact I think I will do just that.

Ok so upon further "researching" the ones with the starters on the pack are by some other company and are called "Action Cards". So no, they're not the same. What I find interesting is that Bulbapedia lists those sets of cards as never to have been released in North America but in the UK instead. Only issue I have with that is that I'm from Canada and I was able to purchase those packs yeaaaars ago in a vending machine. I just don't remember how the cards looked like.

Regarding the artbox cards, have you bought a booster box of the Advanced series? I recently purchased one and I don't think I got a single double at all in that box. Impressive! Only thing I didn't like other than not completing the set was missing out on 3 of the "rare 3D cards". :(

I bought a box of artbox advanced flipz cards and yes only got 3 of the rare 3D cards. Also no doubles in the box (except I do have some because I already had some). I also bought a box of Topps Advanced Challenge (2nd advanced series) cards. Quite a few doubles yet still missing many fo the ultra rare cards (pop-ups and embossed). I am going to get those other Advanced packs (torchic, mudkip, on the front) and find out what they are exactly.

Binx345 said:
I also bought a box of Topps Advanced Challenge (2nd advanced series) cards. Quite a few doubles yet still missing many fo the ultra rare cards (pop-ups and embossed).

Do you know if there is just one print run of those Advanced Challenge Topps cards or do they have multiple runs like blue/black logo and the dreaded Topps Chrome variant? I've been looking at a box of those for a while now but havn't been able to purchase it. With shipping and everything I'm looking at around $105 which I dunno, I don' seem too comfortable paying.

So I'm looking for some sleeves to buy for protecting my cards. I already have some perfect fit japanese sleeves, but I would like some stiffer card sleeves to double sleeve those before putting them in pages. I've received a few sleeves that would work from trades here but dont know the brand/product to order. In short the sleeves should:

1) Be large enough for a perfect fit sleeved card to fit into comfortably.

2) Be small enough that a sleeved card can fit into a ultra pro page slot.

3) Be thicker or somewhat rigid compared to the "penny sleeves".

Anyone know a brand/product that fits that bill?

theducktamer said:
Any kind of Ultra Pro or Dragon Shield deck sleeves work perfectly.

I've had the cheaper "penny sleeve" version of ultra pro and thats not what im looking for. There is one that I sometimes get that is a bit less flexible, kind of semi rigid. Any idea which one that is? Fairly sure it is ultra pro.

Are you looking for something more rigid than a deck sleeve?
Card savers are 'semi rigid' but they're too big for a binder page.

NarcoticHobo said:
theducktamer said:
Any kind of Ultra Pro or Dragon Shield deck sleeves work perfectly.

I've had the cheaper "penny sleeve" version of ultra pro and thats not what im looking for. There is one that I sometimes get that is a bit less flexible, kind of semi rigid. Any idea which one that is? Fairly sure it is ultra pro.

I personally use KMC Matte Black Sleeves. I find them to be not too rigid or too flexible, and they are great quality.

bagoly14 said:
NarcoticHobo said:

I personally use KMC Matte Black Sleeves. I find them to be not too rigid or too flexible, and they are great quality.

Can they be fit back to back in a page sleeve?

theducktamer said:
Are you looking for something more rigid than a deck sleeve?
Card savers are 'semi rigid' but they're too big for a binder page.

When I go home today I'll see if I can find one of the sleeves I got from trades that I'm talking about and post a video.

NarcoticHobo said:

Yes, they can.

I can fit them back to back if I put a KMC perfect fit sleeve in a KMC Matte Black Sleeve but it's a bit strained so I don't. If you only use a KMC Matte Black Sleeve then you will have no problems putting them back to back. I've bought a lot of sleeves and not to be "that guy" but I would never buy anything but KMC.

bagoly14 said:
NarcoticHobo said:

Yes, they can.

I can fit them back to back if I put a KMC perfect fit sleeve in a KMC Matte Black Sleeve but it's a bit strained so I don't. If you only use a KMC Matte Black Sleeve then you will have no problems putting them back to back. I've bought a lot of sleeves and not to be "that guy" but I would never buy anything but KMC.

Yep, I use KMC perfect fit sleeves too :) Ordered a case of 30 packs from japan, should last a while.

I want something that will allow me to double sleeve and back to back in a page.... ill keep trying random sleeves until i find one that works i guess.

Back