The Butterfly Effect — How Roaring Moon Decks Changed My Mind

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello PokeBeach readers! Isaiah here, and I am happy to be writing another article for you all! Last time, I talked about Snorlax and its position going into the final Regional Championships of the pre-rotation format. Now that rotation has occurred, and the Europe International Championships has concluded, it is time to take a broader look at the meta going forward.
The Europe International Championships honestly was not too surprising. In what is possibly the least surprising combination of things possible, Charizard ex won the tournament in the hands of Tord Reklev. He was not the only Charizard ex deck in Top 8 too, defeating another one in the Top 4. Isaiah Bradner was able to get second with a unique take on Giratina...

[url="https://www.pokebeach.com/2024/04/the-butterfly-effect-how-roaring-moon-decks-changed-my-mind"]Continue reading...

I told people from the start, it was good. But did anyone listen, no. So now I tell you. I told you so

I haven't played at locals in a while, but I have still kept up with the new formats online. When Temporal Forces arrived I wanted to build a deck to go to local tournaments and have fun. I was struggling to find something I really enjoyed that worked until I tried out Ancient Box. Idk what it was, but it just clicked and I enjoy the deck soooo much and I've gotten up to ranks with it that I never before have gotten to. Needless to say, I already bought cards to make the deck, just waiting for them to come in. The deck feels so good and really feels like it has no bad matchup which is what I really like about it. For the past year or so, I feel like the decks I played always had a terrible almost unwinnable matchup against certain decks that would make playing against them miserable, but I don't feel that way with Ancient Box, I don't believe it beats everything, but I'm yet to run into a matchup that feels particularly heavily in my opponent's favor. Anyway, Ancient box rules.

Back