• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format The Brightest Garden (Florges-EX / Slurpuff)

Nincada Comments

Aspiring Trainer
This is a little fun deck idea I came up with:

Pokémon
  • 3 Florges-EX
  • 4 Swirlix (PHF)
  • 3 Slurpuff (PHF)
  • 1 Slurpuff (XY)
  • 2 Oddish (AOR)
  • 1 Gloom (AOR)
  • 2 Vileplume (AOR)
  • 1 Spinarak (AOR)
  • 1 Ariados (AOR)
Trainers/ Supporters/ Stadiums
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Pokémon Fan Club
  • 1 Team Mates
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 2 Trainer´s Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Repeat Ball
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 1 Switch
  • 3 Sky Field
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Professor´s Letter
Energy
  • 8 Fairy Energy

The main strategy is very similar to Raichu decks but using Florges-EX as the main attacker. Now, you will ask: "Why don´t you use a regular Raichu deck?" That is because Florges is one of my favourite Pokémon and when I saw its EX card in Phantom Forces I wanted to make it the focus of a deck. So here it is: the Florges-EX deck, using Bright Garden and Sky Field together to reach high numbers and deal massive amounts of damage.
I also wanted to make a deck using all-new cards from XY-on, so no cards are rotating out.

I don´t expect this decklist to be a good one, beause I´m not very good making them, but I hope we can make it better together so feel free to leave a comment or recommendation and help me with the deck :D

Edit 1: I have updated the deck with your ideas. I added a little line of 2-1-2 Vileplume because grass Pokémon also power up Bright Garden and for itemlock but it´s a bit silly that it also itemlocks me (that is why I also cut out some items) and I replaced the Wonder Energies with Fairy Energies.

Edit 2: I took out the Carbink line as you told me beause it is a bad partner for Florges-EX. I put instead a little 1-1 Ariados line from Ancient Origins to deal some extra damage and because combined with Slurpuff´s ability (the one in XY), it won´t hurt my own active Pokémon. I also added some consistency to the deck, I think it was a bit weak in that sense.

Last edited:
I built something similar, try +1 sky garden for a full four, and +3 or +4 Propogation Exeggute as they are easily recyclable if your opponent kills off sky field, and of course you can use them in conjunction with ultra ball and computer search and anything else that makes you discard.

Remember that florgess also counts grass. Only problem is you will loose heavily against bat decks if you play them, so against bats keep them off the bench.

I built something similar, try +1 sky garden for a full four, and +3 or +4 Propogation Exeggute as they are easily recyclable if your opponent kills off sky field, and of course you can use them in conjunction with ultra ball and computer search and anything else that makes you discard.

Remember that florgess also counts grass. Only problem is you will loose heavily against bat decks if you play them, so against bats keep them off the bench.

I think the eggs will rotate

After rotation I would suggest abusing giant forest with beautifly and or vileplume instead of the eggs and carbink as a good partnership with florges and slur puff.

Nice deck idea! I would up your Florges count to 4 because it's your main attacker, maybe add another Repeat Ball and replace the Wonder Energy with Basic Fairy Energy- Wonder Energy is susceptible to Enhanced Hammer and doesn't add a huge amount to the deck.

Giant Plant Forest is a good idea too, but may clash with Skyfield a bit.

After rotation I would suggest abusing giant forest with beautifly and or vileplume instead of the eggs and carbink as a good partnership with florges and slur puff.
Thank you very much for your ideas! That new Vileplume´s itemlock can be really useful, but I don´t want to take out Sky Field because Florges-EX´s attack would not be so powerful. But I like the idea and I will try it when Ancient Origins makes its debut.

Oh, I see what you meant, I misunderstood what you meant by take out sky fields. I thought you thought that vileplume blocked them.

Back