• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded The Book of Souls (Speed Chandelure)

legolover322

Aspiring Trainer
A very aggressive deck that I have been running for a while now: Speed Chandelure!

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Talonflame STS 96
* 4 Litwick STS 48
* 2 Lampent STS 49
* 4 Chandelure STS 50

##Trainer Cards - 42

* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 1 Skyla BCR 134
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 1 Misty's Determination EVO 108
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177a
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 113
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Xerosic PHF 110
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 N NVI 92
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 105
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Psychic's Third Eye BKP 108
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 6

* 1 Mystery Energy PHF 112
* 5 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8

Total Cards - 60

Strategy:
The strategy is to get as many Supporters into the Discard Pile as fast as possible in order to swing for monstrous amounts of damage with Chandelure's Past Friends! Chandelure's Sinister Selection should allow for a lot of draw power. Additionally, cards like Sycamore, Psychic's Third Eye, and Battle Compressor allow you to speed through your deck at an alarming rate. By the end game, you should be able to hit for large amounts of damage, and utilizing your VS Seeker/Dowsing Machine as a swiss army knife that can pull the perfect Supporter from the Discard Pile (Karen against Night March, Pokémon Center Lady against cheeky Lasers, Guzma to drag something up to the active, etc.). Talonflame is a really good starting Pokémon, allowing you to grab draw Supporters, Rare Candies, Chandelures, Dimension Valleys, and much more! Overall, this deck is consistent, fast, and a blast to play! Any suggestions or improvements that can be made?

Cool idea! I'm thinking you'd probably benefit from more choice bands and Plumeria and/or Sophocles.

An Enhanced hammer might also slow your opponent down while you ramp up.

I'll have to try this.

New Meta maybe?!

Probs not, but still trying it out.

I saw someone play something like this on a video with team fish knuckles. It's a fun concept, but it seems like it would struggle to set up against the super aggressive decks in expanded that swing for big numbers turn one. How do you deal with that?

In response to Skater J:
Great suggestions! I have swapped Misty’s Determination for a Sophocles, and the resultrs work great! Unfortunately, I couldn’t squeeze in an Enhanced Hammer, but I do run a copy of Xerosic just in case the need arises.
In response to Sethy79:
That is, unfortunately, one of the deck’s pitfalls; the earliest you can get out damage is on turn two (as opposed to something like Night March, which can come out turn one). Most of the time, I am forced to sacrifice a Talonflame or a Litwick so that I can get set up. However, if you play your Supporters/VS Seekers smart, you can still easily win the game (like, one instance, where I played Karen FIVE TIMES in one game to decimate a Night March deck. He was.... less than pleased) Has anyone come up with a solution to really, really aggressive decks? This deck is waaaayyy more than “meme material” and counteracting stuff like Night March before they set up is the first step in making the deck tournament-worthy.
Overall, I want to thank you guys for your support! I’m flattered that you guys were willing to read over my deck and express your thoughts. Perhaps there’s more that can be done to improve the deck? Additionally, is there a supporter that shuffles items back into the deck (to get more VS Seeker and allow me to go infinite)? Thanks!

—Legolover322

Last edited:
In response to Skater J:
Great suggestions! I have swapped Misty’s Determination for a Sophocles, and the resultrs work great! Unfortunately, I couldn’t squeeze in an Enhanced Hammer, but I do run a copy of Xerosic just in case the need arises.
In response to Sethy79:
That is, unfortunately, one of the deck’s pitfalls; the earliest you can get out damage is on turn two (as opposed to something like Night March, which can come out turn one). Most of the time, I am forced to sacrifice a Talonflame or a Litwick so that I can get set up. However, if you play your Supporters/VS Seekers smart, you can still easily win the game (like, one instance, where I played Karen FIVE TIMES in one game to decimate a Night March deck. He was.... less than pleased) Has anyone come up with a solution to really, really aggressive decks? This deck is waaaayyy more than “meme material” and counteracting stuff like Night March before they set up is the first step in making the deck tournament-worthy.
Overall, I want to thank you guys for your support! I’m flattered that you guys were willing to read over my deck and express your thoughts. Perhaps there’s more that can be done to improve the deck? Additionally, is there a supporter that shuffles items back into the deck (to get more VS Seeker and allow me to go infinite)? Thanks!

—Legolover322
This list looks great, but I'm not sure of how to make space for some speed counters... I would consider finding space for maybe Wobbuffet (Do deactivate your opponent's abilities, to hopefully slow them down) and Bursting Balloons, to maybe make them attack less.

Despite what you may think, this deck is not THAT vulnerable to speed. Many speed decks are stuff like Vespiqueen, Flareon, and, of course, Night March. Note that Karen and her repeated usage DECIMATES these decks. While I have teched in a copy of Wobuffet previously, it was underperforming, and I swapped it out for a Kukui in order to hit for higher numbers from my attacks. Is it slightly weak to aggro? Yes. However, is the matchup winnable? Absolutely!

Interesting deck tbh. Glad to see Chandelure getting love <333
Would it be viable to use StS Hoopa + Lucky Helmet or an Espeon EX/GX for a bit more support ?

Love this deck! Tried to make chandelure work before to no avail, so it’s super cool you’re seeing some success with it

My main concern is zoroark, how do you deal with him having resistance to psychic, while you have weakness? And as a stage 1 his setup can be extremely aggressive

Love this deck! Tried to make chandelure work before to no avail, so it’s super cool you’re seeing some success with it

My main concern is zoroark, how do you deal with him having resistance to psychic, while you have weakness? And as a stage 1 his setup can be extremely aggressive
Yeah. Unfortunately, this is a very bad matchup for this deck. Especially since they can play Hex Maniac and Red Card leaving you with a hand full of useless supporters. Pretty much any deck that is aggressive and can swing consistenly for big damage after the first turn beats the deck.

And anyway, the deck is no more than a meme/fun deck, so you can't win em all! ;)

Back