News 'The Best of XY', SM2+, and 'Ash v. Team Rocket' Product Images Revealed!

Will "Best of XY" set release outside of Japan ?
If yes, then will these cards be available for Standard till this set rotates ?
Since we've already started our SM run of cards, it doesn't make sense to release this in English now; typically our "best of" sets come between generations of cards (see Call of Legends and Legendary Treasures). I'd like to think that the reason behind not reprinting XY's "best cards" (Shaymin EX, Hoopa EX, Vileplume spring to mind the most) is to give the game an entirely new feel with the GX cards (moving away from the EX era), and by releasing a best-of set in English, it would keep some of the "toxic" cards alive in the Standard format. However, that probably isn't the reason, since I'm not convinced they put that much thought into what they print on cards :rolleyes:

It will pretty disappointing to find out the Cards in The best of XY set will end up being XY promos instead of SM promos.

Will "Best of XY" set release outside of Japan ?
If yes, then will these cards be available for Standard till this set rotates ?
Nope, many of the new cards (M Camerupt, M sharedo, Sycamore, Mail, etc.) are released as XY promos

I was hoping that team rocket thing might have been the key to getting those fancy team rocket and giovanni cards in english. less hopeful now.

Yay more anime based cards the USA and other places will never get -_-
Ikr, I'm just wishing for that Ash vs Team rocket deck to release outside of Japan lol.

I was hoping that team rocket thing might have been the key to getting those fancy team rocket and giovanni cards in english. less hopeful now.
Yeah , but that mimikyu GX looos dope

Last edited by a moderator:
*Sees Joltik and Yveltal on box art.
<Little Cherrim blacked out>

Jokes aside, a set full of viable cards is pretty freaking great.

Ash's Pikachu GX:
first attack, flip a coin, if heads 40, if tails 20
second attack 100

Mimikyu GX:
first attack 20
second attack, flip a coin, if heads 120, if tails 90

GX attacks, i'm not fluent enough to read text that small lol

*Sees Joltik and Yveltal on box art.
<Little Cherrim blacked out>

Jokes aside, a set full of viable cards is pretty freaking great.

In August or September all these cards will be unplayable once the format switches to SM-ON...
But the the good thing is that it will seriously decrease Shaymin price for a while and just before the last Champion's Leagues :p.

Yay more anime based cards the USA and other places will never get -_-
This one I could actually see coming westward, since the product is basically the exact same as the Trainer Kits/2-Player Starter Sets.

If nothing else it'll likely be cheap to import, since I'm assuming you just want to look at the cards, as they're more likely than not aren't going to be worth playing.

Did anyone notice the BLACK RECTANGLE on the side of the SM2+ box?
Does this many mean a BIG surprise?

This one I could actually see coming westward, since the product is basically the exact same as the Trainer Kits/2-Player Starter Sets.

If nothing else it'll likely be cheap to import, since I'm assuming you just want to look at the cards, as they're more likely than not aren't going to be worth playing.

Yep im just a old ageing collector :) Just stinks that whenever they make cards based on the Anime or Movies they stay in Japan. =(

Satoshi's PikachuGX 170HP
[?] Quick attack 20+
Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 20 damage.
[?][?][C] Electro ball 100
[L][L][L] Thunderbolt GX ???
Something about discarding all energies (attatched to this pokemon, I assume)

Team Rocket's Mimikyu GX. 170HP

[?] Tsubuyaku(cant recall if this has an english translation, maybe something like leer/glare?) 20
[P][P][C] Ghost Claw (shadow claw?) 90+
Flip a coin, if heads, this attack does an additional 30 damage.
[P][P][P] Disguise GX 100
During your opponents next turn, this pokemon doesnt take damage or effects from the opponents attack.(or whatever that jazz is. Abilities not included)

Hope that helps!

first move for pikachu looks like a does 20 times number of heads
second move - part of it says discard all energy and 10000 volt gx is part of name

and Mimikkyu
Murmur for 20
cosplayer for 90 plus flip coin and do 30 if heads
Burn in Well GX and looks like status infliction

Can't wait to formally find out what Mimikyu does. Love that RotomDex coin.

I give it those two, 2 Geodudes

Yeah finaly Ash's Pikachu! That is a card that I have waited for ages and also the cards looks as good as it should :D (first as a normal, then as a EX and now it finaly comes as a GX!) Because Ash's Pikachu have to be at level 100 or something right? :) Let's hope it's playable card and I will definitely use it.

Back