Pokemon The 2nd Generation of Pokemon is Coming to Pokemon GO!

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
I stopped playing GO long ago, so I don't care too much about Gen 2's addition. The Festive Pikachu is adorable, though, and it's the one thing I would actually try to catch.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Now, after having no intrest since the summer, they add Pichu. I'll catch one, sure, but probably won't start playing again.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Personally, I have been apathetically playing Pokémon GO since it came out here, and I will continue to apathetically play, even though the update doesn't seem to be live here yet. I wish they would fix a whole bunch of other crap rather than adding in new Pokémon, but it is what it is.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
A very nice update that should have been made long time ago, when players were just about to get bored from this game, not long after they got bored from it.

Celever

Wheeeee~
I have to echo other users' thoughts and say that, while this is pretty cool, that's all it is. The fact that they haven't got the full 100-strong 2nd generation is baffling to me, considering how many resources apparently go into each one. They nick the models from the main series, and each individual Pokémon has very few unique attributes besides typing and moves. The whole of Gen II should've been included months ago, and we should be getting Gen III now.

However, GO is still going stronger than I think a lot of people realise. It's not crashing app stores like it used to when it was first released, but I still see plenty of people out and about holding their phones in suspicious positions. My parents still play the games (despite having no interest in Pokémon) and many kids who get on my school bus do as well. If they included maybe 50 new Pokémon now and 50 in a few weeks time (so as to not alienate players too much) I think it would have been a really effective way to breathe new life into a game which will inevitably end up dwindling in popularity until it can't keep up its server costs.

Ideally they should be releasing 1 Pokémon every 2 or 3 days, and then posting what Pokémon is released on their Twitter or whatever after the 2-3 days are up. That'd be effective marketing, would keep up the sense of awe and wonder that Pokémon GO used to have and would make it so people aren't bored of the original 151 for so damn long. It's been half a year since its release, so new Pokémon this late is a little bit embarrassing.

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
The game was interesting at first, they took out the majority of what made the game what it was and then it really wasnt that fun. There was no tracking system, the game was crashing like crazy, the servers were filling up, and on top of that they didnt even care to try to remove hackers in the first month. The game would have been perfect if we got a dev team that understood pokemon and the what Pokemon go was actually meant to be. Sure it was a success, but in the eyes of true pokemon fans its nothing like that it was the first week or so it was out. Having tracking and a fw bugs that could have been cleaned would have put the game in a much longer lasting future. The game will still have people that play, but it wont ever be a crazy popular game again unless they make all the features work well again. In my eyes, the game is truly a failure overall

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Geez, am I the only one still playing this game? I just hit Level 30 and am welcoming the new update. I will admit, the game does get dry if you're not playing on a college campus or in an area rich with PokéStops and Gyms, but the daily bonuses motivate me enough to have the app open a couple times a day. The game hits a rough patch in that Level 20-25 area, but if you can power through, cash out a bunch of Lucky Eggs, hitting those big XP markers to the next Level doesn't feel as bad.

I still have a bit to go in my Pokédex as well, so that keeps me into the game. I hope to hatch one of these new guys and get a picture with a Festive Pikachu haha.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
The hype has come and gone. This game won't see as much play as it did the first month or two, new gen of pokemon or not. It is back to only the hardcore pokemon fans playing this, and small fraction of other playing sparingly.

TheRealBro..

Well, I like the idea of Pokemon GO and also that it made Pokemon the surprise hit of 2016 (just as it was back in 1999 with red/blue). Awesome, but as for playing the game myself? I'd rather not. At 28 walking down the street with my Phone chasing Pokemon isn't very appealing at all, especially when I can just play the main games at home with a lot more depth/strategy.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Correction Crobat, Scizor, Umbreon, Espeon, Slowking, Bellossom, Steelix etc. aren't in the game yet along with Tyrogue for whatever reason. However, Togetic is in the game :/

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Correction Crobat, Scizor, Umbreon, Espeon, Slowking, Bellossom, Steelix etc. aren't in the game yet along with Tyrogue for whatever reason. However, Togetic is in the game :/

Yeah, reading the article I was kind of unclear when I wrote that. I meant evolutions of those baby Pokémon, which really just means the only new one so far is Togetic. This is what happens when I update an article before I've finished my coffee. :p

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I stopped playing a while ago. As a matter of fact, I just hit level 9 or 10 I think and only load the game on my way to league sometimes. It just requires too much work to play and not having a car and can only do local things with the game, there is nothing within walking distance of my home.

I just accepted that nothing good was going to come from the game so I just play the main game series since it doesn't require as much work.

To be honest with you, I'm not sure why No Man's Sky got all the hate as well as lawsuit for not delivering what they said they would when in fact Pokemon GO hasn't done any of what they said they would, with a still very buggy product.

Celever

Wheeeee~
I stopped playing a while ago. As a matter of fact, I just hit level 9 or 10 I think and only load the game on my way to league sometimes. It just requires too much work to play and not having a car and can only do local things with the game, there is nothing within walking distance of my home.

I just accepted that nothing good was going to come from the game so I just play the main game series since it doesn't require as much work.

To be honest with you, I'm not sure why No Man's Sky got all the hate as well as lawsuit for not delivering what they said they would when in fact Pokemon GO hasn't done any of what they said they would, with a still very buggy product.
No Man's Sky actually false advertised. Pokémon GO didn't false advertise because the games are what was promised -- people are just bored of it now.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
No Man's Sky actually false advertised. Pokémon GO didn't false advertise because the games are what was promised -- people are just bored of it now.

No Man's Sky didn't false advertise though. That case just settled and it was in their favor where as Pokemon GO has shown Trainer battles, the ability to trade with players, events for legendary Pokemon and the game is still a buggy mess. This first three things aren't in the game but was advertised.

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
They also apparently added Ditto? I kept hearing people say that Ditto couldn't be found, but I caught one today.

TheGuardian118

Aspiring Trainer
Ditto isn't found like normal. That is, he won't show up on the map as Ditto. He shows up as any (As far as I know all are included) other Pokémon on the map, then when you catch that other Pokémon he will be revealed as Ditto.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I have caught 2 ditto so far, and they were from a zubat and a pidgey. They seem to come more often from more common pokemon. Also, if someone else caught it, then it will be a ditto for everyone else playing the game.