Help Team galactic mars ?

Arc88

Aspiring Trainer
Is team galactic mars a legal card in standard? I know the text is the same as mars but wanted to know if the fact they are named differently mattered?

Thanks.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
The name does matter but not only that they don’t have the same text either (as the current Mars discards the card, not places it on the bottom of the opponent’s deck)

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Is team galactic mars a legal card in standard? I know the text is the same as mars but wanted to know if the fact they are named differently mattered?

Thanks.
I think it does matter if they have different names. Professor Juniper and Professor Sycamore have the same effects, but Juniper can't be used since it's just an older card. Maybe there's a different ruling when it comes to that specific example (say you bring in Professor Sycamores that aren't in your deck which are replaced by Junipers to prove that you have the cards to play with or have any other specific texts about the newer version), but names should matter when it comes to effects like those. I would like to be proven wrong though, ever the time to put Mars in a deck I would happily use the old version and make the deck look a little more stylish.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Names matter. Whether they depict the same character or not is irrelevant. There used to be an exception to this if their JAPANESE names matched (EXP.ALL vs. Exp. Share), but as that required a reference due to the name change, that is no longer applicable. (And these two don't have the same Japanese name anyway, they differ in the exact same way as the English names do.)

It doesn't matter in this case anyway, since they're functionally different, as has already been mentioned. (So even if they DID have the same name, you couldn't use the old one in Standard.)