TCG One TCG ONE General Discussion

axpendix

Creator of TCG ONE
This thread was the first that was used to announce the project updates. Now that we have a new forum for TCG ONE, every new update will get its own thread.

For:
- Bug Reports: Please use in-game report function (red danger button below game log) to report bugs. That way, your game log will be attached to the report so it will be easy for me to track. Please do only report bugs that you're sure of, or you are wasting my time :)
- Suggestions/Ideas: Please check this page out and rate/comment on existing ideas or create a new thread in this forum.
- Questions/Reviews/Comments: Please use this thread.
- You can also directly contact me over PM.

axpendix@2015-05-06

Original Post:
(Last title: TCG ONE - Full Featured Online Pokemon TCG Simulator [PRIMAL CLASH LIVE])

Enter here
http://tcgone.net

Video #2 - Introducing Black & White Series: (23.02.14)

Greetings all,

I have developed a pokemon tcg simulator game which you can play online 1-1 with another player to have fun. Features:
  • All effects of cards, powers, bodies, trainers, energies and all rules are automated by the game.
  • Real and big card images.
  • Lobby function to gather and chat.
  • Deck builder
  • Free to play
  • Supports windows, mac, linux, ipad, etc.
  • Currently available formats: Unlimited, Classic, Ecard, EX, Worlds 2003, Worlds 2004.
  • Two game modes: Career and Quickplay.
  • Personal Inventory
  • In-game Currency
  • In-game Market for Trading Cards, Decks and Booster Packs
  • Game scoring system
  • Scoreboards
  • Leveling system
  • Game timer feature
  • Spectating online games
  • Booster Pack simulator
  • Daily Quests
  • Achievements
Currently available expansions
  • Base Set
  • Jungle
  • Fossil
  • Base Set 2
  • Team Rocket
  • Gym Heroes
  • Gym Challenge
  • Neo Genesis
  • Neo Discovery
  • Neo Revelation
  • Neo Destiny
  • Legendary Collection
  • Expedition
  • Aquapolis
  • Skyridge
  • EX Ruby & Sapphire
  • EX Sandstorm
  • EX Dragon
  • EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
  • EX Hidden Legends
  • Black White Promos
  • Black & White
  • Emerging Powers
  • Noble Victories
  • Next Destinies
  • Dark Explorers
  • Dragons Exalted
  • Dragon Vault
  • Boundaries Crossed
  • Plasma Storm
  • Plasma Freeze
  • Plasma Blast
  • Legendary Treasures
  • Kalos Starter Set
  • XY
  • Flashfire
  • Furious Fists
  • Phantom Forces
It means you can select any card in these sets and play like ptcgo!

Updates:
01.12.14:
v14.0: NOW AVAILABLE: ECard Series for Career! Unlock them now! READY TO QUICKPLAY: Phantom Forces! All-new Store view! Upgraded UI & Theme!
12.08.14: v13.0: BIG UPDATE! NXD-on format! 7 New Expansions! Neo Destiny Booster Packs! Random quest rewards! 25 fixes/improvements
15.04.14: v12.0 Update: BCR and PLS Expansions & The Hall & Websockets
04.04.14: v11.7: Fossil Ditto impl. Lighter Game UI. Many bug fixes.
28.03.14: v11.0: Neo Series are now available in Career! Gen 1 Format. Many bug fixes.
21.03.14: v10.73 fixes many bugs and improves server stability.
12.03.14: v10.71 brings Improved Market, Improved Bug Reporting, and bug fixes.
05.03.14: v10.69: DEX, DRX, DRV are available for quickplay. Many bug fixes.
26.02.14: v10.61: BLW, EPO, NVI, NXD are available for quickplay. Inactivity timeout.
23.02.14: TCG ONE is finally ready to release first 4 sets of Black & White series! The release date is 26.02.14!
21.02.14: v10.51: Achievements!
11.02.14: v10.48: Levelup rewards +100 bits now. The bonus is retroactive
06.02.14: v10.47: Neo Revelations and Neo Destiny available for quickplay. Worlds 2003 format.
15.01.14: v10.31: Neo Genesis and Neo Discovery available to quickplay.
13.01.14: v10.29: Gym Series Booster Packs are now available.
02.01.13: v10.15: Gym Series are now available to play. Random Deck Creator implemented.
28.11.13: v10.00: TCG ONE proudly presents: Career Mode!
Personal Inventory. In-game Currency (Bits). In-game Market for trading Cards, Decks and Booster Packs. Game scoring system. Weekly, Monthly and All-Time Scoreboards. Leveling system. Game timer feature. Import Deck feature. Booster Opening Simulator feature. Many UI improvements. Bug fixes: Beldum (HL), Eevee (WBSP), Magneton (AQ), Metagross EX (HL)
10.10.13: v9.52: Hidden Legends set completed. 102 new cards. New Format: Modified 2003-2004 is available.
04.10.13: v9.37: Team Magma vs Team Aqua set completed. 97 new cards.
17.09.13: v9.12: Dragon set completed. 100 new cards.
12.09.13: v8.95: Sandstorm set completed. 100 new cards.
27.08.13: v8.71: Ruby&Sapphire set completed, 109 new cards.
25.08.13: v8.52: Skyridge set completed. We're at 360+ registered users and 840+ played games!
10.08.13: v8.21: Aquapolis set completed. It has been live for over 3 weeks now: 230+ registered players, 420+ played games.
04.08.13: v7.68: Expedition set completed. It has been live for over 2 weeks now, over 100+ registered, 150+ games have been played.
18.07.13: Team Rocket set completed. First deployment is done, it is live now.
09.07.13: Fossil set completed.
01.07.13: Jungle set completed.
19.06.13: Base Set completed.

Enter here
http://tcgone.net

Last edited:
RE: TCG ONE - full featured online pokemon tcg simulator

It does look promising. You might look into creating a chat feature as well. If you need to know a particular ruling you can always ask a Professor on the forum.

hmmm.... I would rather have the newer sets on instead of Base set and such (not sure about what you're planning), but if this is fully functional and you can make your own decklists. This would make PTCGO pretty much obsolete

King Arceus said:
It does look promising. You might look into creating a chat feature as well. If you need to know a particular ruling you can always ask a Professor on the forum.

There is already a lobby chat and game chat feature that I haven't demonstrated in the video. Thanks.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
hmmm.... I would rather have the newer sets on instead of Base set and such (not sure about what you're planning), but if this is fully functional and you can make your own decklists. This would make PTCGO pretty much obsolete

One by one all sets should be implemented through time. Yes it is fully functional and you can build your decks. I have no intention of that but thanks.

Looks great!

I, for one, love that you're starting with the older sets. If people want newer sets, they can use PTCGO in the meantime.

Sweet the base set days were the best.

Reggie McGigas said:
You should add the BW sets after you make the base set.

I disagree. I think he should keep doing what he's already doing, and add the sets in chronological order.

There are already a few simulators out there that are for current format, but not as many for older sets (PlayTCG, for example, does not go earlier than the DP1 set). If you want to get people interested, you have to offer them something they can't easily get elsewhere - and the older sets are a great way to do that, especially given the large number of people disenchanted with the current metagame.

@axpendix: Although it does look rather primitive, it does certainly look effective. And at least you sport card scans - something Redshark (which I loved to use until everyone left it for PlayTCG) lacks. And taking the aim of appealing to a lot of the older players is another good move; not only can there now be a simulator for playing more older formats, but they have pretty pictures to do it with as well. Keep it up!

tl;dr:

CMP said:
Looks great!

I, for one, love that you're starting with the older sets. If people want newer sets, they can use PTCGO in the meantime.
^Yes.

Really really cool! Keep going!
Will it be free?

CMP said:
Looks great!

Thanks!

MountainDrew said:
Sweet the base set days were the best.

Indeed they were.

Reggie McGigas said:
You should add the BW sets after you make the base set.

I'm planning to go with chronologic order.

DNA said:
@axpendix: Although it does look rather primitive, it does certainly look effective. And at least you sport card scans - something Redshark (which I loved to use until everyone left it for PlayTCG) lacks. And taking the aim of appealing to a lot of the older players is another good move; not only can there now be a simulator for playing more older formats, but they have pretty pictures to do it with as well. Keep it up!

Thanks for your support.

RogueChomp said:
Really really cool! Keep going!
Will it be free?

Thanks! Of course it will be free. However donations are needed to cover hosting and development costs.

Update: I have updated the youtube video with detailed commentary. Please watch it with commentary to understand the simulator mechanics.

RE: TCG ONE - full featured online pokemon tcg simulator [CAPS]

Reggie McGigas said:
When will it be released to the public? This looks pretty cool!

I'm thinking a month later maybe. I need to find some server to host. Thanks.

Wow. This is really impressive! I'm not the biggest fan of PlayTCG, because you have to do everything manually. Once you get all the way to the BW sets, I might start using this for testing. I do like how you're starting with the older sets, though, since most TCG simulators don't feature that, and this is a great selling point. Keep up the great work!

Machamp the Champion said:
Wow. This is really impressive! I'm not the biggest fan of PlayTCG, because you have to do everything manually. Once you get all the way to the BW sets, I might start using this for testing. I do like how you're starting with the older sets, though, since most TCG simulators don't feature that, and this is a great selling point. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for your support.

BTW, Jungle set is completed.
p8b.png

Would love to try this out once some more sets are added. I missed the whole dp era and would love to try out some of those decks.

I would like this guy to be immediately hired, and put in charge of PTCGO. Maybe then they could fix all the lag/server/bug/garbage thats wrong with it, since this guy seems to know exactly what hes doing.

RE: TCG ONE - full featured online pokemon tcg simulator [LIVE NOW]

Dude thank you so much for creating this program. Now I don't have to play the terrible Bw- on format and I can go back to the good ol' base set days :) I do have one question though, how do I make my own deck, because I want to make good ol' damage swap?

RE: TCG ONE - full featured online pokemon tcg simulator [LIVE NOW]

Have you considered adding some custom-made cards? Pokémon TCG GB had some cards exclusive to the game. It might be a fun twist and I'm sure there are some fakers who would love to help with card images.

Back