News 'Tapu Lele Pin Box' in August!

Skyrheslayervspokemon

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder
How a Tapu KOKO
Tapu lele deck would run
Use flying flip and throw two damage counters on all the Pokémon then lele to move them all to one?

Shining Shinx YT

Gym Leader & Professor
magical swap seems op imo. it can ko any pokemon thats close to ko. and if their active has many you can ko it. will all these tapu boxes be playable lol

3 burning shadows packs. first box to have same three packs. plus a potentially playable card. stocking up on these might be wise

I'd rather have Guardians Rising Pack instead of SM Base, after all that's the set that has Tapu Lele in it.
theyre all burning shadows

Last edited by a moderator:

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
They will still be moving packs though. There will be at least two GR packs in a promo box. On top of that, this product won't be around everywhere and would give others a chance to get a Tapu Lele-GX cheaper. They don't make money on individual card sells.
You're right, but they make money off of pack sales. How do you get high-demand cards? You buy packs and pull them, or you buy them from card shops, which get them from packs they bought. Then they have to restock, so they open more packs to get the card. Pokémon is still making money.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
You're right, but they make money off of pack sales. How do you get high-demand cards? You buy packs and pull them, or you buy them from card shops, which get them from packs they bought. Then they have to restock, so they open more packs to get the card. Pokémon is still making money.

I don't think they make their money on packs as you would think. The second market and other stores buy the cases of cards from Pokemon and then sell them to us. Once a store buys the packs, Pokemon makes their money, then the packs are sold to us for about 40 to 50% more, since they buy boxes around 45-50 bucks each. A player who is wanting to get a Tapu Lele or Decidueye-GX would just buy the card. Places that have weekly Pokemon tournaments will also give out packs of GR as prizes or as the buy in pack, so they move product. Parents and other people will also just buy loose packs every once in a while. Most card shops that sell Pokemon have no more than three booster boxes at a time throughout the life of its three or four months, only ever having a case during the release period.

If they make a promo Tapu Lele-GX (which I think they should do), they can sell the card directly and still move GR packs, as well as other bulk items (like coins, figures, sleeves, etc.) and make a profit. This also means they will still continue to support their product because the set still has two other Tapu Lele-GX and the hyper rare Decidueye-GX, which is still a chase card, not including the other playable cards so to assume people only buy GR packs to get Tapu Lele-GX is incorrect because no one really complains about pulling anything a GX but two.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Yay - everyone worship me now and stop buying those stupid Koko Pin Collection Packs <3

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
That isn't really evidence...
Like WPM said, it's a chase card, and is getting people to buy packs in order to pull it. Making it a promo would stop that. (And yes, they would start to buy the promos, but I digress.) The card would be come less valuable, and Pokémon would be making less money. As much as we all wish for it to happen, I'm pretty sure we wont be getting it.
Well Hoopa EX was a chase card, wasn't it? They made a promo of that.

The pack in the middle has Decidueye on it...
That's a Ho-oh, not a Decidueye

Last edited by a moderator:

TapuPower

Aspiring Trainer
file.jpg

Reminder that there is a Tapu Lele figurine created by Takara Tomy and is up for sale on various Japanese shopping sites!
I love this figure, but I sure wish the had a better one. I mean, yes, it looks cool, but Tapu Lele in a fighting stance or something cooler would look better. Similar to those Pokemon statues sold on the Pokemon Center's website.

Fahr

Aspiring Trainer
I like this Lele to como her with the promo Koko and she might be fun to tech one or two on Trevenant BRAKE decks to snipe some mons with her second attack~

AkaiJC

Aspiring Trainer
I read from this site about this product and was hoping to get it for my nephews and nieces. Does anyone know if this product has been delayed and when it would be released?

Aggie_Brad

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Anybody know when the Lele Pin Box set will finally be released? 1st it was Aug 4th, then Sept 4th. Now when?