Help Tapu Koko-GX

I don't get why you'd want ninja boy in Koko deck since you can't use the ability?
And are you talking about using Drampa's second attack which deals more damage if there is damage on your bench? In which case you wouldn't want to max potion...?
Ninja boy is just a tech for OHKOs and a way to recycle your Koko, I have a Max Potion and itll be used depending on the situation. I have a new list that can be viable in the upcoming worlds.

Have you tried using baby drampa? With amass.
If starting with him you can attach, use amass to get 3 energies by your 2nd turn regardless of max elixir

My issue with koko is if you get one KO'd then lose 3 energies on the table, you're slowed right down. and my luck with elixir's is just abysmal haha...

If starting with him you can attach, use amass to get 3 energies by your 2nd turn regardless of max elixir

My issue with koko is if you get one KO'd then lose 3 energies on the table, you're slowed right down. and my luck with elixir's is just abysmal haha...

I think a way to fix that is to use Exp Share. I get that with field blowers popping up everywhere that the share is no longer safe. That said, it isn't like field blower is more than a 1 of in most decks. I haven't seen it as more than a 2 of in any deck. So, while the exp share isn't *safe*, I don't think it is irrelevant in certain decks either.

Another option that I think is quite viable is to tech in baby rayquaza and some DCE to make it work.

All in all though, I have never wanted a card that worked like M Manectric and had lightning typing so much in my life. Since the Eels and M Manectric rotated, it feels like Pokemon is really grasping at straws with what they want to do with lightning as a whole. I like Tapu Koko and I think some of the support for the card is coming in the form of Acerola and Scoops, but neither of those really help that much with the energy acceleration problem and that truly IS the problem with Tapu Koko IMO. Like you said. You lose one that is active, and suddenly you are in scramble (read panic) mode to get those energies back on the board. It is frustrating and something that could have very easily been resolved by making the non-GX attack [L][C][C] instead of [L][L][C]. I get that the idea is to slow it down so that the big beaters like Solgaleo GX and Charizard GX (I am just assuming it is a S2 at this point) have time to get set up in the future meta. But in the current meta, that does just enough to keep Koko from being a legitimate contender for a T1 deck.

hahah. Ive though of having that baby drampa actually. But I dont think that KOKO would be easily KO with the Pokemon cards around

Back