• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tangboar (tangrowth emboar)

stalpno

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon 26
4 Tangela AR 77
3-1 Tangrowth (CoL, AR lv X)
2-2-2 Emboar (BW)
2-2 Ninetales (HGSS)
1-1-1 Typhlosion prime (HGSS)
3 spiritomb
1-1 dodrio (HGSS)

Trainers/supporters/stadiums 20
2 Junk arm (TR)
4 rare candy (UL)
2 bebe's search (RR)
2 pokemon communications (HGSS)
3 pokemon Collector (HGSS)
2 interviewers questions (UL)
2 fisherman (HGSS)
3 professor Juniper (BW)

energy 14
14 fire

Strategy: This is a deck idea which I came up for if the rotation is RR onwards (dont know if post rotation decks are aloud so sorry if it isn't) It could as easily not be this set up with the rotation but just as an educated guess. The goal is to stack energy on to tangrowth using emboar's ability fervid dance (choose 1 fire energy and attach it to one of your pokemon, can be used any number of times during your turn). The deck would have ninetales to discard energy to keep a good flow of draw power since uxie will probably be gone. And use fisherman or typhlosion to pick up the lost energys so they can be attached to increase tangrowth strength. The level X is to give tangrowth more hp and a recovery option (although a bit flippy) and since pokemon catcher looks like it might be a very commonly used card the dodrio is too lessen the high retreat costs of pokemon like emboar, since it is highly likely that warp point and warp energy will both be rotated. Junk arm is to re-use rare candies if needed and spiritomb is a great starter that gets the evolutions up faster since if it is RR onwards there will be no BTS.

There are a lot of changes which I think need to be made and a few techs which might be a bit better (shaymin UL maybe) but overall I think with some tweaking this deck has some potential.

Let me know what you think, I dont mind any criticism. =D

Back