• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sylveon GX Post Rotation (BreakThrough-Burning Shadows)

21times

Aspiring Trainer
That's why I took Sylveon to Indy - it definitely takes practice and brain cells to play it right. But there's a path to victory against every deck you'll face, even Metal Decks.

Yeah I talk to MarquisEXB from time to time and I hope he posts videos again at some point.

I've been having a ton of success with Golisopod GX and Zoroark over the past couple of days, and that's not a horribly expensive deck. A little tricky in getting Golisopod GX constantly into the active, but I think Golly is the 2nd best Pokemon coming out of BUS and you can get 3 of them for the price of a single Gardevoir GX.

MrFixxiT

Aspiring Trainer
That's why I took Sylveon to Indy - it definitely takes practice and brain cells to play it right. But there's a path to victory against every deck you'll face, even Metal Decks.

Yeah I talk to MarquisEXB from time to time and I hope he posts videos again at some point.

I've been having a ton of success with Golisopod GX and Zoroark over the past couple of days, and that's not a horribly expensive deck. A little tricky in getting Golisopod GX constantly into the active, but I think Golly is the 2nd best Pokemon coming out of BUS and you can get 3 of them for the price of a single Gardevoir GX.

That weavile looks fun. But a bit situational. I know everybody plays lele, but that's not enough I think. But it does look fun to give my opponents all that damage spread at once.

I will have a look at golisopod gx too. I am doing ok with my trading, so As long as I don't need cards like lele I might be able to acquire them.

MarquisEXB really has some nice decks and nice videos. I like his way of explaining and he is calm (as in not so hyper active) and he seems to like budget rogue decks, just like me (us). :) I hope he continues his videos series too.

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
The thing i like about this deck is it is rogue, cheap (though you can max out rarity to make it look badass, ha), and not readily netdecked because someone cant just copy the deck and run with it because they have to understand many nuacnes and how you play each meta deck differently. I like golisopod but feel the increase of volc decks will make it challenging to have deep run in a regional.

Adi

Aspiring Trainer
Any deck that doesn't run Tapu Lele GX can be called budget lol. For sure this and Greninja BREAK are the only competitive decks that are budget friendly. This is one of the decks that require a lot of play testing to get good at, and a fairly good knowledge of the current meta. Most Golisopod decks will almost auto lose to Volcanion EX, especially if they run baby Lurantis. You are just feeding Volcanion when you play that card. I think Golisopod is a good deck, and you will have success with it if you put in the time to learn it. Also I just realized the guy who started this thread hasn't posted in it once other than the first post.

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
Any deck that doesn't run Tapu Lele GX can be called budget lol. For sure this and Greninja BREAK are the only competitive decks that are budget friendly. This is one of the decks that require a lot of play testing to get good at, and a fairly good knowledge of the current meta. Most Golisopod decks will almost auto lose to Volcanion EX, especially if they run baby Lurantis. You are just feeding Volcanion when you play that card. I think Golisopod is a good deck, and you will have success with it if you put in the time to learn it. Also I just realized the guy who started this thread hasn't posted in it once other than the first post.
I agree, Volc would wreck Golisopod and I was also curious as to why the original poster has not replied at all.

MrFixxiT

Aspiring Trainer
I agree, Volc would wreck Golisopod and I was also curious as to why the original poster has not replied at all.
That is strange indeed. But other people are having a great discussion about this deck so I'm happy.

This is what I have right now. Haven't played any games except for two, one to garbodor like I said and another with like 5 or 6 turns without any energy (and it was a slightly different deck). It has 63 cards at the moment, needing to toss 3. I might take up one of you and remove the enhanced hammer altogether for now and then a Guzma or a delinquent, or maybe both and leave one e-hammer in. I will have to play games to find out if I'm on the right track. I did choose to try Brock's grit (like alpha) to help with plumeria and max potion.

##Pokémon - 8

* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 4 Sylveon-GX GRI 92

##Trainer Cards - 42

* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 1 Team Skull Grunt SUM 133
* 2 Tormenting Spray BUS 125
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Chaos Tower FAC 94
* 4 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 3 Red Card GEN 71
* 2 Plumeria BUS 120
* 2 Team Rocket's Handiwork FAC 112
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 3 Delinquent BKP 98
* 2 Max Potion GRI 128

##Energy - 13

* 11 Fairy Energy Energy 9
* 2 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114

Total Cards - 63

Adi

Aspiring Trainer
If I were you here are the 3 cards I would drop.

-2 Max Potion or -2 Acerola
-1 Professor Kukui

In my opinion you don't need 4 healing cards especially if your strategy is to disrupt your opponent from attacking every turn or even attacking at all. I don't run any healing cards because if your Sylveon GX is going to get knocked out, and you don't have another one set up to start using Fairy Wind you kind of already lost. I honestly don't think you need the Kukui, and using Magical Ribbon to find one seems like a waste of time. Otherwise your list looks pretty good. I have a couple different cards, but like I've mentioned before it comes down to preference. I hope this helps.

MrFixxiT

Aspiring Trainer
If I were you here are the 3 cards I would drop.

-2 Max Potion or -2 Acerola
-1 Professor Kukui

In my opinion you don't need 4 healing cards especially if your strategy is to disrupt your opponent from attacking every turn or even attacking at all. I don't run any healing cards because if your Sylveon GX is going to get knocked out, and you don't have another one set up to start using Fairy Wind you kind of already lost. I honestly don't think you need the Kukui, and using Magical Ribbon to find one seems like a waste of time. Otherwise your list looks pretty good. I have a couple different cards, but like I've mentioned before it comes down to preference. I hope this helps.
Sometimes you should shift to attacking and win the prize card battle, right? Or take out a specific Pokémon that will get you in trouble... but I might be wrong.

I might drop a single max potion. Having the heal as an item card might be needed vs single supporter per turn, although I like acerola better. But one of a card will get it priced a lot more. Then I could drop de Brock's grit too. And I only need to drop one more then. Maybe e-hammer, but ,raving a single one in the deck for it to be prized... well, I finally am back home to try the deck out some more.

Also, does this deck never run into trouble that you draw more than your opponent and you get decked out first? (Yeah, I should pay attention, but we need the draw to find our stuff)

MrFixxiT

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, played some games and misplayed a lot! Haha. This deck is difficult to play and games take long. I'm not the fastest player in the world. But man, did I get some unlucky stuff too. First two games didn't see energy for the first couple of turns and more games later like that. Played a Lara's mill deck. That was not fun and I drew more so I was behind the whole time... and I can't wait for the rotation. Those vs seekers are frustrating.

Ok, rant over. This deck can be fun. Did pull off a couple of combos, although not always with a working spray (did I mention that I don't like vs seeker?) ;) I hope I really was unlucky in some of the games, not drawing any energy for example, but I need to learn how to play much better also. I guess I need to watch some people play this deck (or the pre-rotation version at least)
And maybe I need to play a faster deck for the versus ladder in tcgo...

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
Yea, sometimes when you get run of bad luck you will find it tough to win those game which is why I make sure I shuffle good between each and every game.VS Seeker makes it tough to pull off the combo. Later in the game you might have to choose 2 or even 1 card with magical ribbon as to avoid risk of decking yourself out. With more gameplay the errors and misplays will reduce but definitley will take some time.

Adi

Aspiring Trainer
My win condition most of the time actually is taking the prize cards. My goal is to turn 2 pull the 4 card combo, and by that time I should be ready to start attacking with Fairy Wind. For the rest of the game I combine Crushing Hammers and other disruption cards to disrupt them while every turn I attack with Fairy Wind. I don't like 1 or even 2 of supporters in this deck which are situational like healing cards because this deck doesn't run Tapu Lele GX, so you either have to get lucky and top deck them or waste a turn using another Magical Ribbon. By that time your pokemon may have already gotten knocked out.

Last edited:

MrFixxiT

Aspiring Trainer
Yea, sometimes when you get run of bad luck you will find it tough to win those game which is why I make sure I shuffle good between each and every game.VS Seeker makes it tough to pull off the combo. Later in the game you might have to choose 2 or even 1 card with magical ribbon as to avoid risk of decking yourself out. With more gameplay the errors and misplays will reduce but definitley will take some time.

Thanks for the encouragement. I only play tcg online, so the game shuffles for me (not that good every time it seems). :) I do play theme decks with my son with real cards and do the 6 pile shuffle always, and learned him to do it too (also it is easier for them to shuffle that way), but that doesn't mean I don't get awful draws there too. :)

It is funny how there are different strategies here for mostly the same deck. Adi wants to win the prize battle and it seems alpha (and 21times too?) are mostly interested in decking out. Also funny then is that Adi does not play Kukui and you two do. :)

I've been thinking in my sleep and I now think Acerola is not better than max potion for this deck. New set up might take two turns if no Sylveons left in deck and a 60HP Eevee is an easy snipe (happend to me in one game with a guzma). And I hate that it is another supporter battling for the one supporter per turn slot. I will try running 3 max potions and no Acerola and Brock's Grit again. Brock's grit might come in handy in mirror and vs lapras and it enables to draw more and setup again later in the game.

I play on iPad, but might start taking notes on what cards I played and what version of deck I played, vs what deck I played, win/loss and any other comments. It might help me get better sooner. But it takes away of the relaxing couch iPad play. ;) (I am always somewhere between casual and hard core competitive :D )

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
Last format the more common and easier win condition was deck out due to opponents using sycamores at a whim and jut not being too cautions plus i teched PRC bunnelby that won many games late. In this new format I definitely see taking prizes to win being very realistic, especially if you hit the combo turn 2. Decks like Gard we will have no choice to prize b/c we wont deck hem out with their ability to use Twilight GX. I preferred being more passive in attack and was very successful just ridding opponent of resources, but this new format I am preparing to be much more aggressive and using fairy wind when appropriate. Again we still have to critically think and realzie when to still magical ribbon to gain critical resources. I think Kukui is a MUST in this deck. It allows us to OHKO Garb as well as 2HKO Gard, which is huge. Additionally I have saved my self form auto loss by turn 1 puzzle of time and Kukui to ensure i draw a basic when my opening hand was energy-less. 11 energy is optimal and just having that little draw support can be the difference maker. I feel Brocks Grit is only good if you are playing multiple Plumeria. If your build does not, which is understandable in certain strategies, than I cant imagine it being consistently useful. I have played in quad sylveon mirror and have not lost any of 7 games played because they cannot deck me out. returning 6 cards might not seem huge but when you are grinding out games in a resource denial matchup it makes all the difference.

MrFixxiT

Aspiring Trainer
Last format the more common and easier win condition was deck out due to opponents using sycamores at a whim and jut not being too cautions plus i teched PRC bunnelby that won many games late. In this new format I definitely see taking prizes to win being very realistic, especially if you hit the combo turn 2. Decks like Gard we will have no choice to prize b/c we wont deck hem out with their ability to use Twilight GX. I preferred being more passive in attack and was very successful just ridding opponent of resources, but this new format I am preparing to be much more aggressive and using fairy wind when appropriate. Again we still have to critically think and realzie when to still magical ribbon to gain critical resources. I think Kukui is a MUST in this deck. It allows us to OHKO Garb as well as 2HKO Gard, which is huge. Additionally I have saved my self form auto loss by turn 1 puzzle of time and Kukui to ensure i draw a basic when my opening hand was energy-less. 11 energy is optimal and just having that little draw support can be the difference maker. I feel Brocks Grit is only good if you are playing multiple Plumeria. If your build does not, which is understandable in certain strategies, than I cant imagine it being consistently useful. I have played in quad sylveon mirror and have not lost any of 7 games played because they cannot deck me out. returning 6 cards might not seem huge but when you are grinding out games in a resource denial matchup it makes all the difference.
Brock's grit in mirror or vs Lapras maybe even is critical. It could be a very nice tech card for surprise effect. I do run plumeria and I'll try running max potion in stead of any acerola, so I think it will have its uses.
I might try to make room for a second kukui and I might drop the e-hammers altogether.
I am also thinking about more handiwork and/or skull grunt. That lapras deck was annoying me to no end with those two. But I will first try with only my earlier adjustments. I shouldn't change too much at once.

Thanks again for all the info guys.

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
Yea I think decision on e hammer will be made easy after first month of rotation and see how many decks are reliant on special energy

MrFixxiT

Aspiring Trainer
Had trouble playing some games, thinking I would abandon this deck for a while, but managed to get two wins after that to show that this deck can be awesome. I just need more experience.
The only thing is that games take a long time and so (with more losses for now) it takes much much longer to grind the versus ladder in pctgo than last time with greninja break. ;)

Edit: and some more wins. Deciding between prize cards and deck out is crucial I think. One game I moved to prize cards and it paid off big time; just enough disruption (vs Volcanion). Then I played alolan Ninetales GX and switched to prize cards, but couldn't continue, so switched back to deck out and won that way. Pretty cool.

I find it difficult to predict what I need next turn. I know what I want, but I need to predict what my opponent is going to do and anticipate on that, so I have the right cards to counter him/her. Sometimes I feel I lag behind a turn because of this. Experience, experience, experience. :)

Last edited:

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Hello once again my fellow Pokebeachers!!! I am wanting to alter my deck to fit the newest Rotation for the next season. I enjoy disrupting my opponent and making them frustrated and want to continue doing that in the upcoming season. Let me know what you think I should do with this. Any questions feel free to ask.

(I thought of putting in a 1-1 Alolan Muk line to replace Silent Labs)

Pokémon: 9
4 Eevee SUM 101
* 4 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI

##Trainer Cards - 39
* 3 Muscular Dumbbells (BURNING SHADOWS)
* 4 Crushing Hammer GEN 60
* 3 Guzma (BURNING SHADOWS)
* 4 N PR-BLW BW100
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 4 Team Flare Grunt GEN 73
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady GEN 68
* 1 Energy Recycler SUN & MOON
* 3 Team Rocket's Handiwork FAC 112
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 3 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Max Potion BKP 103
* 2 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 12
* 8 Fairy Energy GEN 83
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
Total Cards - 60

Hello! I've come here from a Member named Adi, and was wondering how you win with this deck because i was very curious to know how, because this deck is on my radar.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Hello! I've come here from a Member named Adi, and was wondering how you win with this deck because i was very curious to know how, because this deck is on my radar.
The basic strategy of the deck is to start with Eevee, use Energy Evolution, and Magical Ribbon for your denial until your opponent runs out of resources. Once they do, mill them or take an easy six prizes since they won't be able to fight back.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Hey Gekk! Nice to see you again! Thank you for explaining, it was killing my curiousity.

Korrey_HowToNerd

Aspiring Trainer
Like the decklist and that you bumped up some supporter counts. My main suggestion would be to maybe try a 2-2 split with chaos tower and parallel city. Espeon gx confusion really hampers ability to use magical ribbon and chaos tower puts a stop to it. Also i really like 4 sylveon, previosuly tried 3 and had some tough games when 1 or 2 are prized, plus if u have an extra sylveon in hand u dnt need u can use ro discard for plumeria.
Question. Do you think I could add a couple Max Potions in the deck, especially against Metagross GX?