• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Switch and Deny (Ninjask/Shedinja)

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Hello, Pokebeach! You guys may know me as "the annoying guy who follows too many people and spams up the recent profile posts thing," but in reality, I am actually a TCG player attempting (and failing) to get to worlds. Now, this deck is mostly a fun deck, but if it is actually half-decent I may actually run it in something. ONTO THE DECKLIST:

Pokemon-13
4-Nincada DRX
3-Ninjask DRX
4-Shedinja DRX
1-Shaymin EX
1-Tapu Lele GX

Trainers-40
1-Bridggete
2-Professor sycamore
1-Professor Kukui
2-N
1-Guzma
3-Ultra Ball
3-VS seeker
4-Devolution Spray
3-Level Ball
4-Puzzle of time
1-Super Scoop Up
2-Field Blower
4-Robo Substitute
2-Super Rod
3-Choice Band
1-Computer Search
1-Skyla
2-Rescue Stretcher
Energy-7
7-Grass energy

Pokemon-16
4-Nincada DRX
4-Ninjask DRX
4-Shedinja DRX
2-Shaymin EX
2-Tapu Lele GX

Trainers-37
1-Bridggete
3-Professor sycamore
2-N
1-Lysandre
1-Guzma
4-Ultra Ball
4-VS seeker
4-Devolution Spray
1-Super Scoop Up
2-Field Blower
3-Sky field
3-Robo Substitute
1-Sacred Ash
2-Super Rod
3-Choice Band
1-Life Dew

Energy-8
6-Grass energy
2-Counter Energy
images
upload_2017-12-8_15-27-36.jpeg

The Strategy:
Use Ninjask's ability to spawn a whole ton of Shedinja and get a whole ton of no-prize Pokemon onto the bench,and use Ninjask's attack to switch into some benched Shedinja so they can't take a prize. Use sacred ash to get Shedinjas back into the deck and keep spamming! You will eventually win ;)

Last edited:

momand

Aspiring Trainer
I've seen something like this before, it's definitely interesting.

I personally think you'd be better off making these changes:
-1 Tapu Lele GX (you don't want as many 2 prize liabilities on your bench)
-4 Devolution Spray (don't need them)
-2 Ultra Ball (you can use Level Ball)
-1 Super Scoop Up (don't need it)
-2 Counter Energy (can't really use it for how the deck is supposed to work)
-3 Sky Field (don't need them)
-1 Brigette (don't need it, you can only get Nincada, not Robo Subs)

+1 Robo Substitute (bump up cards that you're stalling with)
+4 Psychic Energy (be able to attack with Shedinja)
+4 Puzzle of Time (be able to get Life Dew and Robo Subs back)
+4 Level Ball (search for Nincada & Ninjask w/o discarding)
+1 Delinquent (stadiums like D-valley and Sky Field are very popular in expanded, you want to be able to disrupt your opponent) or Ghetsis (disrupt your opponent turn 1 while being able to draw extra cards)

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I've seen something like this before, it's definitely interesting.

I personally think you'd be better off making these changes:
-1 Tapu Lele GX (you don't want as many 2 prize liabilities on your bench)
-4 Devolution Spray (don't need them)
-2 Ultra Ball (you can use Level Ball)
-1 Super Scoop Up (don't need it)
-2 Counter Energy (can't really use it for how the deck is supposed to work)
-3 Sky Field (don't need them)
-1 Brigette (don't need it, you can only get Nincada, not Robo Subs)

+1 Robo Substitute (bump up cards that you're stalling with)
+4 Psychic Energy (be able to attack with Shedinja)
+4 Puzzle of Time (be able to get Life Dew and Robo Subs back)
+4 Level Ball (search for Nincada & Ninjask w/o discarding)
+1 Delinquent (stadiums like D-valley and Sky Field are very popular in expanded, you want to be able to disrupt your opponent) or Ghetsis (disrupt your opponent turn 1 while being able to draw extra cards)
The counter energy are there for the event that your opponent lysandred/guzmad the ninjask and you are still chipping away at them. Then, you counter energy onto a benched ninjask, keep attacking, and when you get a grass energy, attach it to that ninjask in the event that you are winning.
I have found that my bench keeps getting too full, so i run sky field for all of that no-prize goodness. When they eventually field blower your sky field, you can discard the shaymins and lele and extra ninjask. In my current decklist, I run 4 level balls and 3 ultra balls. I'm thinking about running more N because it tends to be more of a mill deck, and it decks out somewhat often

Last edited:

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Since this is Expanded, have you ever run into any trouble with Hex Maniac? I agree with @TSA123 (and most of his other suggestions) that Psychic Energy are mandatory if you plan on having Shedinja active and attacking (you could make it a Mill deck if you wanted to). Let me know what you think, thanks!

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Since this is Expanded, have you ever run into any trouble with Hex Maniac? I agree with @TSA123 (and most of his other suggestions) that Psychic Energy are mandatory if you plan on having Shedinja active and attacking (you could make it a Mill deck if you wanted to). Let me know what you think, thanks!
The main idea is to attack with ninjask and switch into shedinja. Shedinja has free retreat anyway so even if they leave it there, you can still switch into ninjask and spam.

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
The main idea is to attack with ninjask and switch into shedinja. Shedinja has free retreat anyway so even if they leave it there, you can still switch into ninjask and spam.

Cool, what's funny is that I haven't read Ninjask's attack until a moment ago and it makes a lot more sense. Sorry about that! You could also try Robo Substitute and Exp.Share (to help accelerate energy onto more Ninjasks, but it isn't really necessary).

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Cool deck idea. Now I'm gonna look at the list. XD

- 1 Briggette
+1 Tauros GX
Tauros is an excellent tech in case of trouble GX pokemon. It's GX attack does 30 times the damage on Tauros.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Hm, an interesting deck idea here, Shaymin! I do think there's a few techs included here that you really don't need, and you'll free up some space for techs that would of more use to your deck.

Take out: (15)
-1 Shaymin-EX
You actually don't have enough Bench space to be using this many Shaymin and Tapu Lele. You would want to have a Shedninja in the active, and a Shedninja and 2 Ninjask/Nincada on the Bench, so that you can constantly stream Shedninja. That leaves very little space for you to play your Robo Subs, let alone your Shaymin and Tapu Lele, and so a combined total of four is overkill. Additionally, the more EXs/GXs you have, the more fodder your opponent has to Lysandre and kill. Plus, you don't actually need to draw through your deck that much. No, they are not a good reason to run Skyfield - if you need Skyfield, then you are playing wrong.​
-1 Tapu Lele-GX (See above)
-1 Ninjask (You also don't need this many Ninjask, because you'll be shuffling in your Shedninja/Ninjask via Sacred Ash regularly. Removing a Ninjask will declunk your deck and make it more efficient.)
-2 Ultra Ball (We can use this space better. After all, Level Ball can fetch your attackers easily.)
- 1 Lysandre
We need to use this space better. VS Seeker means you can reuse your Guzma anyway. Why Guzma over Lysandre? Guzma is a great backup in case you get Lysandre'd (for example) and need to Retreat your Pokemon but don't have the Energy. If you have the Active you want up front, you can just switch into Shedninja and retreat back into your ideal Active. Easy peasy.​
- 1 VS Seeker (That's... a lot of VS Seeker. You won't need that many, so let's use this space better.)
- 1 Super Scoop Up (You either need to run 3 of these, or not at all. One is not going to do much for you. I suggest taking this out, because I think the Devo Sprays will work fine for you, and we need the space for better techs.)
-1 Sacred Ash (This needs to be a Super Rod or Stretcher, because you need to have one or two Shedninja on your Bench at a time. That means that you'll rarely ever have above 4 Pokemon to shuffle back in; nothing your Super Rods/Stretchers can't handle.)
- 3 Sky Field (Not an optimal Stadium choice.)
- 2 Counter Energy (If you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent, then you are playing wrong. Plus, you shouldn't ever be using your EXs/GXs anyway, because they'll be KO'd in return.)
-1 Life Dew (I do not think that this is the best ACE SPEC choice, since if you're executing your strategy right, your opponent should be attacking Shedninja/Robo Subs.)

Put in: (15)
+3 Level Ball (for consistency)
+1 Prof. Kukui (You need as much damage output as possible. This Supporter is great for whenever you don't need to use an N/Sycamore/etc. Providing you have this or your Stadium and a Choice Band, you'll be able to hit those important 2-hit KO numbers.)
+2 Team Magma's Secret Base // Virbank City
You need to maximise your damage output for this deck to be viable. Team Magma is fairly reliable for some one-time blanket damage. Virbank City is the ideal, but it takes up quite a bit of space and is expensive. I would suggest Po Town as it'll be great against Evolution decks, especially GXs, but because you're devolving a lot, you might find that you'll KO your Ninjask instead.​
+1 Computer Search // Dowsing Machine // Scoop Up Cyclone
Computer Search and Dowsing Machine are great for consistency, the latter might be more useful since you need to be recycling your discard pile a bit. Scoop Up is a versatile way for you to reuse your Ninjask to get another Shedninja in a pinch, or can be used to get a Shaymin/Tapu Lele out of the ring.​
+4 Puzzle of Time (You are recycling your discard pile quite a bit, which makes this a great consistency tool.)
+2 Stretchers (Sometimes you'll need Pokemon to go directly into your hand (e.g. Ninjask), which is why this is important. It also gets out Shaymin/Tapu if you need it.)
+1 Rainbow Energy (In case you ever need to use Cursed Drop. The extra damage counter isn't a problem, since your Pokemon have low HP anyway. You could also do with 1 more Energy.)
+1 Bridgette // Robo Sub (Maximise your chances of Bridgette early game or have a more consistent Robo line.)

NOTE: If you're running Lasers, remove 3 in any combination of Bridgette/Robo Sub, Rainbow Energy, Stretcher, Super Rod or Devo Spray. None of these are necessary for your deck to run, but will help your consistency.

Honourable Mentions:
Kartana-GX // Tapu Fini-GX (Both have some usable GX attacks that could be worthwhile, especially if you swapped a [G] Energy for a second Rainbow Energy. Kartana can secure that last Prize card in a pinch - and Stretchers mean it can be in your Discard - while Tapu Fini-GX is more situational, but could be useful if you've got a particularly nasty Active up front.)
Another Prof. Kukui (Consistency!)
Skyla (A great tech when running Puzzle of Time. Being able to find whatever Trainer you need can be highly useful in a pinch.)
Hoopa SL // Mew EVO // Wobbuffet PHF (Great walls, but because you're not running Float Stone or Switch, they aren't too viable.
EXP. Share // Wishful Baton (You might find that you're not attaching Energy as much as you need to, and this will patch those holes.)

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Thank you, @bbninjas for the helpful tips. However, I kind of scrapped this deck because I preferred the speed and power of Turbo Turtles. However, I think it could be a fun deck for other people, so I will continue updating it. Do you think this could be a budget deck with some modifications? It could be useful to teach newer players more complicated strategies, while being more fun and a little competitive as well.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
It could be fun casual deck, if you're looking for something like that. I wouldn't say that it's particularly viable, as I'd imagine it'd be clunky even still and possibly too slow (at least for Expanded) due to the gimmicks involved, but that can be made clear only through some playtesting.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I played it against buzzwole and I can definitely say that it needs a Mr. Mime. Also, I think it needs more energy. As long as you can get 2 energy cards on your 2nd turn, you can pretty much get set up.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Hey yall, I have decided to make an UPDATED decklist!!! WHOAH

Pokemon-13
4-Nincada DRX
3-Ninjask DRX
4-Shedinja DRX
1-Shaymin EX
1-Tapu Lele GX

Trainers-40
1-Bridggete
2-Professor sycamore
1-Professor Kukui
2-N
1-Guzma
3-Ultra Ball
3-VS seeker
4-Devolution Spray
3-Level Ball
4-Puzzle of time
1-Super Scoop Up
2-Field Blower
4-Robo Substitute
2-Super Rod
3-Choice Band
1-Computer Search
1-Skyla
2-Rescue Stretcher
Energy-7
7-Grass energy

This list has added puzzles and some other stuff for added consistency n stuff.