• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Swellow/Victini/Eeveelutions

SceptileSquad

Leaf Blade!
A fun deck I was thinking of

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19
* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Taillow Guardians Rising
* 4 Swellow Guardians Rising
* 3 Eevee SUM 101
* 1 Umbreon-GX SUM 142
* 1 Flareon AOR 13
* 1 Jolteon AOR 26
* 1 Vaporeon AOR 22
* 2 Victini Guardians Rising
1 Tapu-Lele GX Guardians Rising

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 4 N PR-BLW BW100
* 1 Prof Kukui SUM 128

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Enhanced Hammer PRC 162
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Field Blower Guardians Rising
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 3 Level Ball AOR 76

* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Choice Band Guardians Rising

* 1 Parallel City BKT 145

##Energy - 8

* 5 Darkness Energy 7
* 3 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Taillow -
Colorless – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Reckless Charge: 20 damage. This Pokemon does 10 damage to itself.

Weakness: [L] (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Swellow -
45.jpg

Colorless – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Taillow
[C] Agility: 20 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponent’s next turn.

[C] Swallow Dive: 40 damage. If this Pokemon used Agility during your last turn, this attack does 80 more damage.

Weakness: [L] (x2)

Victini -
Fire – HP70
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Victory Star
Once during your turn, after you flip any coins for an attack, you may ignore all effects of those coin flips and begin flipping those coins again. You can’t use more than 1 Victory Star Ability each turn.

[R][C] V Flame: 50 damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)

Tapu Lele GX -
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Wonder Touch
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for a Supporter card, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then shuffle your deck.

[C][C] Energy Drive: Does 20 damage times the number of Energy attached to both Active Pokemon. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance.

[P] Kapu Cure GX: Restore all HP to 2 of your Benched Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: none

Field Blower -
60.jpg.pagespeed.ce.jMcrF9KU4Y.jpg

Item

Choose up to 2 in any combination of Pokemon Tool cards and Stadium cards in play (both yours and your opponent’s) and discard them.

Choice Band -
Pokemon Tool

Attacks from the Pokemon this card is attached to do 30 more damage to your opponent's active EX or GX.

I was thinking this would be a fun deck to play. Swellow has two good, single energy attacks that can allow it to do 120 every 2nd turn. Victini helps with hitting heads on Agility. Eeveelutions help Swellow hit 240, and Umbreon is there as an attacker, plus, you can use Tapu Lele because it is just an amazing card.

Let me know your thoughts on any changes I should make.

Thanks!

Attachments

• SwellowIWFY.jpg
    SwellowIWFY.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 2
Also:

Volcanion-EX - weak to water
M Scizor-EX - weak to fire
Yveltal-EX - weak to lightning
Mega Ray - weak to lightning
Decidueye-GX - weak to fire
You can use Tapu Lele against Mega Mewtwo
Lurantis-GX - weak to fire

You can even just use Agility the entire game

I feel this is a great deck with few drawbacks! However I would suggest removing umbreon, thus giving you much more deckspace considering that you can remove 3 Double colorless energy. This allows you to add another trainer mail for consistency, perhaps a ranger just in case of glaceon ex, or possibly sky field- your bench will have 2 victini a tailow/swellow ready for battle, an eeveelution, sometimes tapu lele and shaymin ex. This adds up to 6...

Also, I forgot to mention that if umbreon gx is removed you can take out an eevee and change all energy to fire for victini to attack in emergencies.

Furthermore, you can try taking out one swellow for the ancient trait one from roaring skies as a tech.

I would prefer Umbreon over the ancient trait Swellow, 50 damage for 3 energy for the extra prize just isn't good. I am putting in Umbreon because it gains the type change from other eeveelutions, and can hit the bench. As for Shaymin-EX, you should try and use it as little as possible. If you have a benched Umbreon-GX, Victini, Eeveelution, Swellow, and Tapu Lele-GX, you should be fine (Tapu Lele can attack also, because Mewtwo + Jirachi is just incredible). You only need one Victini as you can only use the ability once per turn.

I absolutely love this deck! the only thing I don't agree with is 4 copies of ultra ball you can get every pokemon out except Shaymin EX and Tapu Lele GX by using level ball or the Energy Evolution ability, although you could totally keep the Ultra's for further search power. I would highly suggest adding 1 or 2 copies of Winona from Roaring Skies as she can search for the Shaymin EX, Taillow, Swellow, Eevee in any combonation. Yes, she is a supporter, but it would greatly benefit your set up In my opinion. I will probably make a build of this as well. really cool idea. Keep up the good work.

This is really smart, I think everyone's been sleeping on Swellow to some degree. However, I've got to say I think it's warranted. Guardians Rising is giving us quite a few Stage1s with a lot of potential. Of course the first thing on everyone's mind is the Eeveelutions when it comes to Stage1s nowadays. Thing is, other Stage1s are going to be one-shotting way more consistently than this deck will.

Golisipod is hopefully getting OHKOs by turn 2. Turn 1 if you wanted to play Max Elixir, since he needs a Grass and DCE to attack. He's tankier than Swellow with his ability blocked 30 damage per attack and thanks to forest of giant plants and revitalizer he comes back from the discard faster. Swellow does have the edge on him thanks to 1 energy attacks though. This would be incredible if Swallow Dive's 120 damage (before weakness) wasn't conditional on using Agility. With weakness, 240 OHKOs near anything and with your Choice Band it will. This effectively turns Swellow into a 2HKO. You could always ignore agility and do 110 per Swallow Dive with a Choice Band and double it with weakness but there are just more pieces to this puzzle than there are with Golisipod. Swellow may also have a less relevant weakness and is searchable with level ball, but the lack of HP is really more of a curse than a blessing. As someone who tested Golduck from SM a decent amount I can tell you that these sub-90HP attackers don't last nearly long enough. They get one-shorted at very little expense for your opponent and take too long to set back up. Even one turn spent not dealing damage kills your momentum because it's a turn that your opponent spends setting up massive EXs. You either have to survive the big hits or come back fast when you get knocked out. Passimian and Greninja do this really well with revives and splash energies. Golisipod so far is my top pick for this role when it comes to our selection of SM2 cards.

Then there's Garbodor. Also a Stage1 who's compatible with the Eeveelutions. He's a little weirder since he does damage based on items in your opponent's discard, but unless we find a way to play without items, that's a lot of damage. He attacks with one energy, like Swellow. His weakness is for now worse than Swellow's so if your local shop has loads of Mewtwo then play Swellow (or Golisipod!) because Tapu Lele won't save you - it doesn't hit for weakness. Garbodor enters 2 shot range a little later than when Swellow wants to be takin its first KOs at turn 3 or 4 but his damage remains untouched for the rest of the game. If you lose a Swellow, even if you have a Taillow on the bench ready to evolve next turn, you can't bounce back right away and swing for your big 120. This doesn't even work if you have all 3 other Swellows waiting because that specific Swellow needs to have used Agility the previous turn. I honestly don't see anything stopping your opponent from doing 90 damage between Agilities and Swallow Dives.

This overall seems like a good idea. Lightning weakness is very appealing in a format that seems to be a Grass and fire war (Aqua patch is just waiting to join in) but I really do think that other options in the same vein as Swellow far outshine it.

Also:

Volcanion-EX - weak to water
M Scizor-EX - weak to fire
Yveltal-EX - weak to lightning
Mega Ray - weak to lightning
Decidueye-GX - weak to fire
You can use Tapu Lele against Mega Mewtwo
Lurantis-GX - weak to fire

You can even just use Agility the entire game
Tapu lele's attack doesnt hit for weakness, so it is basically useless against mega mewtwo, 11 energy to one shot otherwhies just getting damage changed, so im going to recamend a mew ex or swaping the umbreon for espeon. Other than that i really like the conspet.

Tapu lele's attack doesnt hit for weakness, so it is basically useless against mega mewtwo, 11 energy to one shot otherwhies just getting damage changed, so im going to recamend a mew ex or swaping the umbreon for espeon. Other than that i really like the conspet.

Oh yeah, forgot Tapu Lele doesn't hit for weakness.

I absolutely love this deck! the only thing I don't agree with is 4 copies of ultra ball you can get every pokemon out except Shaymin EX and Tapu Lele GX by using level ball or the Energy Evolution ability, although you could totally keep the Ultra's for further search power. I would highly suggest adding 1 or 2 copies of Winona from Roaring Skies as she can search for the Shaymin EX, Taillow, Swellow, Eevee in any combonation. Yes, she is a supporter, but it would greatly benefit your set up In my opinion. I will probably make a build of this as well. really cool idea. Keep up the good work.

I am playing 3 ultra ball and 3 level ball. After testing I could play 4 level ball and 2 Ultra Ball, but I'll have to see.

This is really smart, I think everyone's been sleeping on Swellow to some degree. However, I've got to say I think it's warranted. Guardians Rising is giving us quite a few Stage1s with a lot of potential. Of course the first thing on everyone's mind is the Eeveelutions when it comes to Stage1s nowadays. Thing is, other Stage1s are going to be one-shotting way more consistently than this deck will.

Golisipod is hopefully getting OHKOs by turn 2. Turn 1 if you wanted to play Max Elixir, since he needs a Grass and DCE to attack. He's tankier than Swellow with his ability blocked 30 damage per attack and thanks to forest of giant plants and revitalizer he comes back from the discard faster. Swellow does have the edge on him thanks to 1 energy attacks though. This would be incredible if Swallow Dive's 120 damage (before weakness) wasn't conditional on using Agility. With weakness, 240 OHKOs near anything and with your Choice Band it will. This effectively turns Swellow into a 2HKO. You could always ignore agility and do 110 per Swallow Dive with a Choice Band and double it with weakness but there are just more pieces to this puzzle than there are with Golisipod. Swellow may also have a less relevant weakness and is searchable with level ball, but the lack of HP is really more of a curse than a blessing. As someone who tested Golduck from SM a decent amount I can tell you that these sub-90HP attackers don't last nearly long enough. They get one-shorted at very little expense for your opponent and take too long to set back up. Even one turn spent not dealing damage kills your momentum because it's a turn that your opponent spends setting up massive EXs. You either have to survive the big hits or come back fast when you get knocked out. Passimian and Greninja do this really well with revives and splash energies. Golisipod so far is my top pick for this role when it comes to our selection of SM2 cards.

Then there's Garbodor. Also a Stage1 who's compatible with the Eeveelutions. He's a little weirder since he does damage based on items in your opponent's discard, but unless we find a way to play without items, that's a lot of damage. He attacks with one energy, like Swellow. His weakness is for now worse than Swellow's so if your local shop has loads of Mewtwo then play Swellow (or Golisipod!) because Tapu Lele won't save you - it doesn't hit for weakness. Garbodor enters 2 shot range a little later than when Swellow wants to be takin its first KOs at turn 3 or 4 but his damage remains untouched for the rest of the game. If you lose a Swellow, even if you have a Taillow on the bench ready to evolve next turn, you can't bounce back right away and swing for your big 120. This doesn't even work if you have all 3 other Swellows waiting because that specific Swellow needs to have used Agility the previous turn. I honestly don't see anything stopping your opponent from doing 90 damage between Agilities and Swallow Dives.

This overall seems like a good idea. Lightning weakness is very appealing in a format that seems to be a Grass and fire war (Aqua patch is just waiting to join in) but I really do think that other options in the same vein as Swellow far outshine it.

Yes! I am hyped by all these good stage ones! I will also be building Golisipod, maybe with Eeveelutions, or I was thinking Vespiquen. I mainly wanted to build this deck because Swellow is my favourite bird, and it will be a fun, decent deck.

Back