Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
It was previously confirmed that Nintendo would be showing screenshots of the new SSB game at E3. It has now been confirmed that we will also getting a video for the game as well. As to what the video includes, whether it be new characters like the SSBB reveal trailer or just a bit of gameplay, is unknown.

This video will be shown on Nintendo Direct on June 11, 7:00am PDT.

Video confirmation

Now that we have official confirmation of a new game, we can discuss!

Post-E3 EDIT:
It's finally here folks! Super Smash Bros. 4 has been revealed for both the Wii U and 3DS, with cross-platform play! For those who aren't familiar, this means players can play each other from alternate versions of the game. Think of the 3DS version being another controller.

This is the official website. Keep it bookmarked to check for updates, which are sure to come in the incoming months!

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4

Finally! I think the 3ds version will be great! If its wii U exclusive, damn you nintendo.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4

ALL THE HYPE.
This'll make my June 11th a hell of a lot more exciting. Thanks for the news!
Can't wait to see what terrible characters Namco Bandai puts in

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Thank god I got a 3DS when I did (giving me 2 games to look forward to).

However since Sakurai is once again the guy behind the wheel I'm very nervous.

SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:
Thank god I got a 3DS when I did (giving me 2 games to look forward to).

However since Sakurai is once again the guy behind the wheel I'm very nervous.

But Sakurai's always been behind the wheel, hasn't he? It's kind of like, his game. :p

really hope I'm not completely wrong

m7mad133 said:
is it really for 3ds AND wii U?

YES!

And cross-platform compatibility has been confirmed, meaning you can play on the 3DS and Wii U at the same time!

Astra said:
Yeah, but ever since tripping came in, everyone has been really on edge. :p

Yup and the way he makes certain characters overpowered or underpowered kinda bugs me too (looksing at you Meta Knight, Ike, Ice Climbers and Snake).

And speaking of characters I hope Sakurai adds in some more characters (not alot since he wants to keep the roster about the same number as Brawl).

Rusty Sticks said:
m7mad133 said:
is it really for 3ds AND wii U?

YES!

And cross-platform compatibility has been confirmed, meaning you can play on the 3DS and Wii U at the same time!

thank you.
my life is complete

Rumor has it Rayman is coming to the game. Actually pretty likely, considering...

Rusty Sticks said:
Rumor has it Rayman is coming to the game. Actually pretty likely, considering...

Wait who owns Rayman by the way?

Personally I'd rather have Pac-man playable since he's Namco-Bandai's mascot it makes perfect sense (not to mention seeing him and Mario going at it in Smash Bros would be 1 for the ages).

Rusty Sticks said:

Personally I'd rather have Pac-man playable since he's Namco-Bandai's mascot it makes perfect sense (not to mention seeing him and Mario going at it in Smash Bros would be 1 for the ages).

Ubisoft.

Ubisoft and Nintendo get along great, so Rayman appearing wouldn't be that much of a surprise. Especially with Rayman Legends coming out soon (it was originally a Wii U exclusive, but will now be released across all consoles).

Rusty Sticks said:

Ubisoft.

Ubisoft and Nintendo get along great, so Rayman appearing wouldn't be that much of a surprise. Especially with Rayman Legends coming out soon (it was originally a Wii U exclusive, but will now be released across all consoles).

Ahh actually that does make sense but then they would have to take out Sonic (assuming he comes back at all but since his next 3 games are Nintendo only that's very unlikely) then to make room for both Rayman and Pac-Man (Snake's most likely gonna get cut).

Characters they need (More like the ones I want):
-Shin from Sin & Punishment (He appeared as an Assist Trophy in Brawl)
-Another Sonic character
-Grey Fox
-They need to have Razgriz Squadron from Ace Combat 5: Unsung War as an Assist Trophy. Namco, this is your most successful franchise right now. Ace Combat needs to be in SSB4.
-Of course, they will probably add Victini in somewhere.

There are many others, even Waluigi is rumored to have a Playable Character role! However, I want to have the above be featured in-game.

Also, just remembered, but:

MEGAMAN

Make it happen.

Haunted Water said:
Characters they need (More like the ones I want):
-Shin from Sin & Punishment (He appeared as an Assist Trophy in Brawl)
-Another Sonic character
-Grey Fox
-They need to have Razgriz Squadron from Ace Combat 5: Unsung War as an Assist Trophy. Namco, this is your most successful franchise right now. Ace Combat needs to be in SSB4.
-Of course, they will probably add Victini in somewhere.

There are many others, even Waluigi is rumored to have a Playable Character role! However, I want to have the above be featured in-game.

Also, just remembered, but:

MEGAMAN

Make it happen.

I agree with you on Shin but I highly doubt he'll get in again. (esp as a playable character, not to mention we don't even know if Assist Trophies are coming back)
EDIT: it was Saki who was the assist trophy in Brawl not Shin, so that means Saki gets in.

If Sonic is allowed to have more than 1 character it's either Eggman or Tails.

No to Gray Fox (esp if Snake gets cut if those rumors are true, if Snake does come back maybe just MAYBE he gets in)

I've played Ace Combat before (forgot what game but it was for the PS2) but no to them. (if its assist trophy based yes)

Victini is most likely gonna end up as a rare pokeball pokemon (same as Mew, Celebi,Jirachi, and Manaphy.)

Since Waluigi (who's my fav Mario character none the less) I would love to see him playable but I don't think it's gonna happen esp if the only games he gets in are just Mario spin offs).

Yes there are many others that could get a spot heck even Gardevoir could end up as a playable character (using her as an example) who was planned at one point to be playable in Brawl.

Mega Man is def a lock to get in, Sakurai has already pretty much confirmed Capcom is getting a spot (they may need to help contribute to the game developement as Sega and Konami did during Brawl's.)

I'll bet Zoroark will be in this just because it's the new most popular bipedal mon, and one of the mascots of gen 5. ...I dunno how it would play, though. Its ability could make for an interesting mechanic, but I'm not sure what that would even be.

Whatever; as long as the Ice Climbers are still in, I'll be happy. Gimme a Dunsparce trophy too :v

Frezgle said:
I'll bet Zoroark will be in this just because it's the new most popular bipedal mon, and one of the mascots of gen 5. ...I dunno how it would play, though. Its ability could make for an interesting mechanic, but I'm not sure what that would even be.

Whatever; as long as the Ice Climbers are still in, I'll be happy. Gimme a Dunsparce trophy too :v

It's hard to tell whether Zoroark is getting in or not esp now that Mewtwo is in the spotlight once again (he's most likely gonna get in over Zoroark/Lucario).

Not to mention the only reason Mewtwo was cut was because of a pesky Blue Hedgehog and his owners not wanting him playable and Nintendo (and Sakurai in general) wasted all of 2007 just to bribe Sega just to let Sonic in as a playable character in the process they left out Mewtwo (he has the most unused data, even has a complete working model), Dixie Kong (has some unused data in the fighters section), Plusle and Minun (also has some unused data however their trophy info says otherwise), and Gardevoir (who has very little data, hard to tell if Nintendo was either trying to troll us or would they really allow another psychic type pokemon who looks alot like a princess/gaurdian as a playable character, had Mewtwo been brought back for Brawl).

If the Ice Climbers do return Sakurai better be careful on how he makes em this time around (they were pretty much OP'ed in Melee and Brawl with their playstyle.)

Ahh yes good ole' Duney needs a trophy.

I hope Mewtwo makes it back in!

Also, since they are working with Namco, they should put in one or two of the Tales of series characters that were from games on Nintendo systems.

Two that come to mind right away are Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia, which was on the Gamecube) and Sophie (Tales of Graces, which was originally on the Wii in Japan, but moved to the PS3 when it was ported to America). Lloyd is a swordsman, and his fighting style seems like it would fit in the Smash Bros. series; and Sophie has not one, but 6 fighting styles, which would be really interesting to see in a Smash Bros. game.

SHK, I specifically said Razgriz for a reason. AC5 was the highest selling game in the entire franchise. It's a piece of Namco-Bandai's history. If they're helping with the game's development, it'll be foolish to not include them as an Assist Trophy (assuming that they are bringing them back).

Back