News 'Sun & Moon Limited-Edition GX Starter Set' in December

just because its HP and Attacks are lower/weaker than normal, do you think Mimikyu could evolve?

Pokemon like Dunsparce (Max 60 HP) and Farfetch'd (Max 70 HP) have always had low HP and don't have evolutions. Saying that Mimikyu's low HP could be proof of an evolution is like saying that Dunsparce and Farfetch'd have evolutions. You can't just assume Pokemon will have evolutions because they have low HP.

P.S: I've avoided all leaks for Pokemon Sun and Moon so I don't know if it will have an evolution, I just know that you can't think that a Pokemon with low HP with have an evolution.

just because its HP and Attacks are lower/weaker than normal, do you think Mimikyu could evolve?

Pokemon like Dunsparce (Max 60 HP) and Farfetch'd (Max 70 HP) have always had low HP and don't have evolutions. Saying that Mimikyu's low HP could be proof of an evolution is like saying that Dunsparce and Farfetch'd have evolutions. You can't just assume Pokemon will have evolutions because they have low HP.

P.S: I've avoided all leaks for Pokemon Sun and Moon so I don't know if it will have an evolution, I just know that you can't think that a Pokemon with low HP with have an evolution.
I doubt that Mimikyu will evolve, just because of how iconic he is (so far) but you never know. I personally think that the stats are low since it's a promo, and that the non-promo will have decent stats. Also, as of the time I'm posting this, leaks haven't shown a Mimikyu evoloution line.

MY EVALUATIONS!!
  • Mimikyu kyut!! - Having 0 Weakness makes sense since Fairy resists Dark. Curse and Astonish is not bad but it is not good enough to change the competitive play. I watched the leaked gameplay of Pokemon Sun & Moon videos (SPOILER ALERT!!!!), My Mimikyu kyut!! didn't evolve. (I only play TCG, guys so spoilers and bunch of gameplay of S&M is fine for me.) (I call Mimikyu, Mimikyu kyut. It so adorable and the cute bio that it wants to befriend Pokemon, in disguise of Pikachu.)
  • Pikachu - Still nothing too special. I wish those two are in SM1 soon.

What about that stack of cards next to the coins are those just random uncommons and commons?

I think it will probably end up just a weak basic Pokémon that is just kind of there, and never gets any playable cards, but if Mimikyu ends up being an extremely popular Pokémon, it will no doubt get a few playable prints.

Mimikyu is by a fair distance the nicest looking card of a Sun & Moon era mon yet revealed. Arita sets its mood perfectly by the solitary pose. Like the first Sableye card from EX Sandstorm by Hajime Kusajima, this one will be an all pager for methinks or almost.

Thanks everyone for saying spoilers in a thread that has nothing to do with the leaks, it was very helpful to see info on Mimikyu that wasn't wanted.

Wait I forgot you look closely at the mat it looks as though things are being changed up. I don't remember any "field" but it seems there is one now. Not sure if that is different wording for Bench or active position, but my guess is it's something new (maybe where you put your GX marker) because the "stadium" place is up above and in between it. I wonder..

Thanks everyone for saying spoilers in a thread that has nothing to do with the leaks, it was very helpful to see info on Mimikyu that wasn't wanted.
Someone asked a question, so we answered it. Plus, it was sorta obvious. Mimikyu seems like the Ditto/ Smeargle of this generation, it's the kind of weak(but at the the same time strong) Pokemon that just doesn't evolve.

Back