Discussion Sun/Moon Challenge Playthroughs!

Celever

Wheeeee~
So, this thread will be a place for people to discuss their challenge runs of the game. If you're unsure what is meant by challenge run, it's anything found in PokéBeach's Playthrough Centre (and more!) Sun/Moon hasn't followed suit with Generation VI and seems to actually be quite difficult -- at least in my short progress within my nuzlocke of the game so far -- so this could be a great game to reset and play through over and over again. Especially considering the wide range of Pokémon that can be found on every route!

Straight away when you start a nuzlocke, the game throws an interesting choice at you: Route 1. Route 1 in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon is absolutely massive, and since this is your first area of the game for a good while, some people have bent the "one Pokémon per route" rule, as otherwise they're left super vulnerable. They split up Route 1 into three parts, because there are three sections of the route, with different encounters, which are opened up to you during the beginning of the game, similar to what people used to do with the interior of Pinwheel Forest and the exterior in Generation V.

Personally, for my playthrough, I chose to keep Route 1 as one area. I think I won't do this next time around, but it's fine because I still haven't had a death yet... just a lot of paranoia and fear! Dx My team so far is:
Litten, Level 14
Makuhita, Level 14
Misdreavus, Level 14
Trumbeak, Level 14
Abra, Level 7

Pikipeak was suuuuuper frail, and frankly Trumbeak isn't substantially better. However, they are definitely strong, and quite fast -- at least, by Alolan standards. Frailty aside, their damage output was excellent, and far better than Litten, who was also kinda frail. That's why Makuhita and Misdreavus being my encounters on Route 2 and the Graveyard is so awesome, because they're much better at taking hits themselves. Also, I live for the animation of Astonish right now.
I know that it might be a bit early to start talking about this, but I know I'm not the first person who is nuzlocking Generation VII on their first playthrough. Or are you wonderlocking, wedlocking, soloing or monotyping the game instead? Talk about your progress here!

I was starting to think that my Sun Nuzlocke was too easy since none of my team has yet to die, but then I remembered I've been using the Pokemon I'm not using/don't like in general as meat shields. Got to say it's been quite effective. Sacrificing my Herdier and Magnemite was really handy during the Totem Lurantis battle, I'd forgotten how difficult that thing was.

Back