News 'Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack'

I like the effect of Doom News, but you would need a way to stop them from retreating...
We have some attacks and abilities that stops retreating like Sand Tomb(Gabite) or Poison Barrier (Draglage) in expanded. There are so many ways.

MY EVALUATIONS!
  • Absol - TRIVIA! Doom News was originated in Absol G from Platinum Supreme Victors, if I am not mistaken. That attack was too risky. Let's see how it goes

We have some attacks and abilities that stops retreating like Sand Tomb(Gabite) or Poison Barrier (Draglage) in expanded. There are so many ways.

MY EVALUATIONS!
  • Absol - TRIVIA! Doom News was originated in Absol G from Platinum Supreme Victors, if I am not mistaken. That attack was too risky. Let's see how it goes

And how do you think we'll use their abilities when your turn ends after the attack?

Unless you play in expanded and use hypnotoxic laser, this card will simply not be useful. Even then most people will run many cards to switch out/in- keldeo, escape rope, switch, etc.

Hey, this is like Absol G from Supreme Victors. I think it's a cool card, and who knows, maybe it'll get some use.
The artwork is very amazing though, I love it.

A interesting thing about Doom News is that it doesn't say the opponent's current active Pokemon. Does that mean it just knocks out whatever Pokemon is in your opponent's active position by the end of his next turn? An example is that he has Pokemon 1 as his active when you use Doom News and before the end of his next turn he switches Pokemon 1 for Pokemon 2, does Pokemon 2 get knocked out or does the attack just immediately fail because your opponent switched?

Very very interesting to troll. quick question is the effect same as ROS jirachi?
(I'm too lazy to look)

If Doom Desire Jirachi wasn't competetitive neither will this. Unless we get a Dark Dimension Valley or a Dimension Valley Reprint.

EDIT: Hey guys, Absol here. Uh, hey, you're about to uh, die.
Mewtwo: :D

You could use Future Sight with Gumshoos GX to look at your opponents hand and make sure they're not getting what they need.

A interesting thing about Doom News is that it doesn't say the opponent's current active Pokemon. Does that mean it just knocks out whatever Pokemon is in your opponent's active position by the end of his next turn? An example is that he has Pokemon 1 as his active when you use Doom News and before the end of his next turn he switches Pokemon 1 for Pokemon 2, does Pokemon 2 get knocked out or does the attack just immediately fail because your opponent switched?
Based on this translation we have it does seem like that's the case, however they may change the translation for the english card

You could use Future Sight with Gumshoos GX to look at your opponents hand and make sure they're not getting what they need.
If you can find the space, you can also combine it with sm1 tsareena to make sure if they do have anything they need they don't get to use it

Guys seriously?

Ur all missing the obvious detail. It says "active Pokémon", not "defending pokemon", meaning whatever the active Pokémon is at the end of ur opponents turn, it will be KOed whereas if it said "defending pokemon", it would have mean just the Pokémon that wasn't in the active position. Therefore, you don't need to stop the Pokémon from retreating or switching because non matter what they switched into, it will be KOed.

Guys seriously?

Ur all missing the obvious detail. It says "active Pokémon", not "defending pokemon", meaning whatever the active Pokémon is at the end of ur opponents turn, it will be KOed whereas if it said "defending pokemon", it would have mean just the Pokémon that wasn't in the active position. Therefore, you don't need to stop the Pokémon from retreating or switching because non matter what they switched into, it will be KOed.
Well, we'll see what the official translation states, and then what the Rules Team states should the question arise.

What is so good about this artwork? I'm having difficulty in trying to make out the body and how many legs the Absol has here.

This card will probably just end up in the trash (or a picture frame) BUT I can see this finding use in some dark decks. Throw one into a deck and next time you see a deck struggling with draw you can play Absol and make sure they stay that way, and if you have energy to spare you can take out their active or force a retreat at the same time. Definitely not worth completely building around though.

Guys seriously?

Sadly this is incorrect, as the japanese states that the effect applies to the pokemon that was "hit" by this attack. So switching it out does negate the effect

Back