News 'Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack'

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
I'm certainly interested in Toxapex GX, heavy poisoning worked pretty well for me with M-Beedrill EX, and its GX attack is one of the best even though it may be countered by Pokémon Ranger. Toxapex GX may find its regular version to be a very useful partner. 10 damage counters between turns is lethal however if the opponent can't switch with the use of a trainer card the new pokémon will be poisoned and regular Toxapex can hit for a solid 100 damage. Energy cost is a clear issue, but I'll think of something. Rayquaza promo is worth considering.

DeDeNNe

Di-Denki Nitro Neon, or De2NNe. Very Lethal
THIS FREAKING CREATURE IS GONNA STALL ME OUT IN THE TCG AS WELL... Boi do i hate stall

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
The Lurantis is insane under the right conditions. So have the basic form of Lurantis on the Active and use a Rare Candy on it. Slap a Choice Band on it and use the Professor Kukui combined with its ability (that's 80+20+30+20 on one turn, which is..) You'll do 150 damage. Yeah. 150. That's enough to defeat the Ninja of Water in its BREAK form, OHKO. Double against water (talking about Ninja Blitz), 300. THREE. HUNDRED. YEAH. I NEED TO ORGANIZE MY BINDER WHEN THIS EGOMANIAC COMES OUT. IN ENGLISH.

You are quite right but you lose the count i thing. Lurantis GX can beat this card a lot of easier. With only one Grass energy and if you run good(grass deck have Forest of giant plan) and with 2 Lurantis from ability, can hit 40+20+20=80*2=160 is enought to K.O the most stage 2 pokemon or break pokemon weak to grass (+30 the tool against Ex or Gx pokemon) =220! And you can put 2 energy from discard pile to your pokemon! But anyway 80 possible damage first turn+2 more energy accelleration from attack is OP

Spring Sun Warrior

Aspiring Trainer
this card is cool. it has 3 attacks with very unique effects
its a mixture of crobat(plasma) and malamar-ex(kinda) plus has the option to not take any damage. its a situational/strategic card. i think its very good and will definatley build some thing with it.

thinkin... 4-4 toxipex GX with 2-2 or 1-1 garby(just cuz hes useful in situations) 4 maxelixer ...i dont remember exactly taurosGx's attacks but i do remember hes very good and colorless so 2 or 3 tauros GX
^just a basic outlook on possible pokes
i think hes good on his own though. 4-4 toxi + whatever other pokes u want/like/use and you PLAY IT SAFE, get a good coinflip (hopefully) keep em alive and of course get a little lucky. very versatile, this card is awesome ...im ranting now

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I read this article as I was playing Sun, and my Dartrix evolved in to Decidueye right when I pulled it up. Anyway, I NEED THE HYPER RARE

Vivek

Evil Yveltal
I guess this means that we will soon see Incineroar-GX And Primarina-GX Full arts and HR cards.
That will be sick.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
These looks glorious.... but you know me, I don't play Full Arts, even super Full Arts.
We will know in the Sun&Moon ETB if we have HRs in the set, and how rare it is.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Okay but am I the only one that prefers the half-art (or whatever it's called) to the full art? Because that breaking boarders thing is awesome.

Also the rainbow art is just... Way over the top. You want to make a hyper rare? Go back to secret rares from BW. The shiny coloring, the texture, everything about them made them feel special.

Ah well, can't be salty 'bout what's comin' anyway. Rainbow art Umbreon please!

PokeDan23

Pokemon Fan Since 1999
OMG. More Hyper Rares. The Sun & Moon era is going to be a pain for my bank account!
This is why I'm not collecting cards from sets after Evolutions anymore. I stopped playing competitively because of the cheating fiasco in Canada a few years back and now it looks like I'm quitting on the collecting side of things as well...I'm sorry, but to have so many ultra, hyper, and secret rare cards in a set, and then (if the recent booster box opening video is any indication) having a booster box only contain 1 or 2 (5 or 6 if you count regular GXs) of these rares? Sorry TPCI, you're not taking my money this time...

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know. Full art GX seems redundant since they're very nearly full art as is and rainbow outlines of the same pose seems a bit cheap for the fancy version. I was really loving the "and friends" artwork of the secret rare EXs in recent sets. Oh well these hyper rares can just be trade fodder I guess.