• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format SUM-ON Golisopod

KindFawn

Aspiring Trainer
4-3 GoliGX
3-2 Zoroark
2 Lele Gx
1 Lele
1 Koko GX

3 Grass
4 Rainbow
4 DCE

4 Cynthia
2 Lillie
4 Guzma
2 Apricorn Maker
2 Acerola
2 Enhanced Hammer
3 Max Potion
4 Ultra Ball
4 Nest Ball
3 Choice Band
1 Pal Pad
1 Blower
1 Stretcher

I really wanted to brew a deck that isn't going to be focused on any of the projected meta ie Zoroark/Buzz/Gardy/Malamar/Ray/Metagross. Golisopod is able to abuse a really high damaging 1 energy attack, which allows it to abuse max potion and Acerola very well. I wanted to focus on Golisopod and use Zoroark more as a support with it's ability. The rainbows/koko allow for a suprise Trickster GX and let me move energy off of damaged Golisopod so I can freely heal. Tapu lele is just there for a ray counter since I already run Rainbow.

Questionable Choices

4-3/3-2 Golisopod/Zoroark
Golispod abusing Max Potion and Acerola allows it to out trade anything that doesn't OHKO it. I feel like this will be infinitely better than focusing on Zoroark with a backup attacker like weavile or support like magcargo. Zoroark's attack essentially does about the same or less damage than Golisopod with a worse energy cost. Using Zoroark as a support allows me to also abuse the fact that Golisopod is weak to fire, which there is none.

Lele/Koko GX
Lele feels like it will be very strong to counter Ray if you can play it. I, however, don't think Ray will be around for too long and lele may be dropped then. Koko allows for cheeky heals and GX moves.

2 Apricorn Maker
I prefer the Maker/Nest/Ultra engine as apposed to using Pokemon Fan Club. It helps thin the deck and has the versatility of being able to grab an evo.

2 Hammer
If Zoroark is still going to be as popular as everyone thinks, this just gets rid of their DCE. Also useful against anything really, Beast energy/Unit/DCE/Rainbow are all played to some extent.

1 Pad/1 Blower
Palpad gets back Acerola/Guzma in a pinch or a draw supporter if you really need it. I'd like to fit in 1 more blower possibly because giving away free choice bands sounds really bad to me, even if there won't be as many stadiums.

Back