• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format SUM-On: Celesteecruzmas(Ultra Necrozma-GX+Celesteela-GX)

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon - 20

3x Ultra Necrozma-GX FOL
2x Celesteela-GX SM-P
4x Malamar FOL
4x Inkay FOL
2x Oranguru SUM 113
2x Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 63
2x Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
1x Lunala Prism Star ULP 62

Trainer Cards - 29

4x Cynthia UPR 119
4x Guzma BUS 115
2x Judge FOL
2x Lady FOL(metal retrieval from deck only, unless I could discard possibly drawn psychics after, as you are allowed to fail search at any point during the search, regardless of energies pulled out)
4x Ultra Ball SLG 68
4x Mystery Treasure FOL
3x Altar of the Moone GRI 117
2x Choice Band GRI 121
2x Pokemon Fan Club UPR 133
1x Rescue Stretcher GUR 130
1x Energy Recycler GRI 123

Energy - 11

7x Psychic Energy SUM 168
4x Metal Energy SUM 163

Strategy:

Power Ultra Necrozma-GX and start KOing on T2...

If Gardevoir-GX shows her face, switch the powering focus to Celesteela-GX, and pounce on Gardy's 2 RC by using its first attack to exploit weakness AND KO it after attaching Choice Band to Celesteela-GX...

Nuff said, except for Oranguru, which is there to serve as a one-prize attacker vs. GX-immune pokemon like Hoopa SHL and Alolan ninetales GRI...

Changes:
4/11:
-4 Ilima
-1 Field Blower
-2 Lady
-1 Psychic
-1 Choice Band

+1 Ultra Necrozma-GX
+1 Mimikyu GRI

+1 Guzma
+2 Lillie
+1 Metal Energy
+1 Altar of the Moone
+2 Judge

4/15:
-2 Necrozma-GX BUS
-2-2x Garbodor GRI 51

-2 Field Blower GRI 125
-2 Lillie UPR 125

+2 Marshadow-GX BUS
+1 Mimikyu GRI 58
+2 Oranguru SUM 113
+1 Inkay FOL

+2 Judge FOL
+1 Choice Band GRI 121
+1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

4/21(at 12:30 AM in EDT zone):
-2x Marshadow-GX BUS-2x Mimikyu GRI 58
-1x Beast Energy Prism Star FOL 117
+2x Celesteela-GX SM-P+1x Malamar FOL
+1x Energy Recycler GRI 123/Beast Ring FOL(depending on what SM7 reveals: if Super Rod is not in it, it will rotate from Standard the month after SM7's release, severely narrowing down the trainer cards that get energy back in play from discard to only two: Energy Retrieval and Energy Recycler. Sure, there's always the risk of prizing a one-of, and yet, with only one way way to take it w/o risking having to take too much from discard(retrieval takes 2 from the discard into hand, which means you are prone to Search the Premises + Mars, which can whisk the second metal energy back into the discard, while recycler takes 5 out of discard and puts them in deck, and fyi, since the discard pile is public, in both cases, you cannot choose nor shuffle in any number of applicable cards from the discard that are less or more than the number mentioned on the trainer card, and sadly, in the case of recycler, if you use it at the wrong time, then you risk shuffling a significant amount your psychic energy in deck, rather than the metal that cannot be Malamar-scooped, and after the shuffling process, you have a chance of not only robbing yourself of a prize opportunity but forced to pass turn without being able to attack as well as a result of shuffling all your psychics that could've went on your bench had recycler not been used before all the malamars scoop the three psychics needed to KO w/ Ultra Necrozma-GX. This is a card that I believe ties my hands, but in case I'm in a pinch...), and sadly, since it comes with the Mars discard return risk, I have to choose the Recycler, even if I risk the psychic energy shuffle, rather than playing it "safe" w/ Retrieval...)
+1x Beast Ring FOL/Super Rod BKT 149(again, depending on what SM7 reveals...)(former may be a gimmick, but when it comes to cards that save the need to Invasion+Ability accelerate, what else could I possibly put in card no. 60???)

4/28:
-1x Choice Band GRI 121
-1x Beast Ring FOL/Super Rod BKT 149

+1x Lunala Prism Star ULP 62
+1x Beast Energy Prism Star FOL 117

5/27:
-2 Judge FOL

+2 Lady FOL
+1 Ultra Ball SLG 68

Last edited:
Might i suggest Ultra Space
Ultra Ball and Mystery Treasure both accomplish Ultra Space's task anyway, without having to take away from the Invasion+Retreat that Altar provides.

Anyway, for my suggestions:
-3 Ilima (inconsistent draw)
-2 Field Blower (Garb is rotating)
-2 Lady (you don't need energy in your hand)
-1 Psychic Energy (7 is enough)

+1 Ultra Necrozma GX (consistent)
+1 Mimikyu GRI (Non-GX attacker that doesn't rely on your opponent's actions)
+1 Guzma (consistent hitting with Ultra Necrozma)
+2 Lillie (consistent draw)
+1 Volkner (item search)
+2 Metal Energy (consistent)

Ultra Ball and Mystery Treasure both accomplish Ultra Space's task anyway, without having to take away from the Invasion+Retreat that Altar provides.

Anyway, for my suggestions:
-3 Ilima (inconsistent draw)
-2 Field Blower (Garb is rotating)
-2 Lady (you don't need energy in your hand)
-1 Psychic Energy (7 is enough)

+1 Ultra Necrozma GX (consistent)
+1 Guzma (consistent hitting with Ultra Necrozma)
+2 Lillie (consistent draw)
+1 Volkner (item search)
+2 Metal Energy (consistent)

In SUM-On, N is rotated too... Without him, I have no other way but Ilima in terms of possibilities to disrupt the opposing hand...

Then again, since having only a single copy of a specific supporter(such as Volkner) in deck opens the possibility of a dead hand as well as prizing said supporter on top of the dead hand, I could get rid of two Ilimas, but focusing on Cynthia and Fan Club more, and saving my Ilimas until mid-game, after my side is fully set-up but no prizes taken on my side of board, 1 of my field blowers, in case I need some tools in opposing discard for Trashalanche, which could help me out in case of Zygarde-GX's Verdict + Diancie PS + Choice Band, since 200 HP means Mimikyu cannot use copycat for KO, as GX attacks cannot be used by Mimikyu, not even by copycat, leaving it open to Zygarde 50% FOL by means of a switch-in and Calm Strike KO post-Verdict use if I was a fool and did not catch the "that isn't a GX attack" part of the copycat attack text before I try copycat over Trashalanche, or in case there's not enough items in the opposing discard, Acid Spray to try for a heads flip that will mean a DCE going to the opposing discard from Zygarde-GX... As for Lady, come to think of it, maybe I need to put the focus on Lele, Fan Club and T1 Lillie, in case I don't have a Mystery Treasure or an Ultra Ball in hand, though being able to attach 1 psychic from hand to Necrozma-GX after Malamars scoop a total of three psychics from the discard to Necrozma-GX, to make the damage done to opposing Active 250 from Prismatic Burst, and 250 damage means a KO to Gardy... So maybe Cynthia and Lillie can alleviate that concern, should Filch fail to get me such energy...

Anyway, after another glance, found another possible change I could make:

-1 Choice Band
+1 Altar of the Moone

...In case I prized one of my Altar of the Moone cards, and the opponent knocks off one of my stadiums for Brooklet Hill, in case said opponent has a Riolu ready to evolve into Lucario-GX next turn to KO either one of my malamars or even Lele-GX... Thank you for your suggestions!

Please re-read Mimikyu

Zoroark's gonna be a big contender, so maybe more Judge? Lillie seems eh since there's not many opportunities to optimize her. Acerola is also a card I can see being optimized after rotation if that's at all an option.

Please re-read Mimikyu
what i meant is that it's played similarly to sudowoodo, except you can't copy gx attacks

it doesn't rely on your opponent's actions as much as trashalanche, your opponent can just choose not to play as many items

what i meant is that it's played similarly to sudowoodo, except you can't copy gx attacks

it doesn't rely on your opponent's actions as much as trashalanche, your opponent can just choose not to play as many items
But they play items to get set up. No setup means that you put yourself at a significant disadvantage. Mimikyu is just as reliant as Trashalanche on the opponent because the best use you'll make out of either one is when your opponent has their field going to a point where you can use it. Yes, they can minimize the items they play and do a slower, less aggressive setup, but because this is a format where 2 of our most important draw staples rotate, playing more items to have anywhere near the same amount of consistency as now is inevitable.

After reading about a new deck archetype called"MalaMew"(short for Malamar Mew), I decided to make a major change to my list, inspired by it:

-2 Necrozma-GX BUS
-2-2x Garbodor GRI 51
-2 Field Blower GRI 125
-2 Lillie UPR 125

+2 Marshadow-GX BUS
+1 Mimikyu GRI 58
+2 Oranguru SUM 113
+1 Inkay FOL

+2 Judge FOL
+1 Choice Band GRI 121
+1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

^ Editing list...

Last edited:
Bump!

Due to bench space factors, I figured that Mimikyu might not have the room to be put down, same goes to Marshadow-GX, and when Gardy has a choice band on w/ 4 total energy, both are too frail to last vs. Gardevoir-GX, as w/ 70(Mimikyu), let alone 150 HP(Marshadow-GX), not to mention that Alolan Ninetales and Hoopa SHL can not only KO Mimikyu in 1 hit, but Mimikyu no. 2 won't be able to KO back w/o getting 1HKO'd, meaning by the time Alolan Ninetales is KO'd, the user of Alolan Ninetales has likely already not only taken taken 2 prizes, but my 1 rescue stretcher will already be used up, meaning the tide of the battle will fall to Oranguru, which can KO A9T AND Hoopa SHL, not to mention that Marshadow-GX can also be walled AND KO'd in 2 hits vs. Alolan Ninetales BUS and Hoopa SHL. So, after looking at the possibilities, I decided to consider Celesteela-GX, upping my Malamars to 4, and ditching Marshadow-GXes as well as my two poor Mimikyus... :(

In a deck that definitely won't fit the 5 bench pokemon limit unless cuts are made, Gardy and GX walls surely puts this deck in a tough spot... Maybe Mimikyu can last in other decks that are less crowded than this one...
Anyway...

Changes:

-2x Marshadow-GX BUS
-2x Mimikyu GRI 58

+2x Celesteela-GX SM-P
+1x Malamar FOL

+1x Energy Recycler GRI 123/Beast Ring FOL(depending on what SM7 reveals: if Super Rod is not in it, it will rotate from Standard the month after SM7's release, severely narrowing down the trainer cards that get energy back in play from discard to only two: Energy Retrieval and Energy Recycler. Sure, there's always the risk of prizing a one-of, and yet, with only one way way to take it w/o risking having to take too much from discard(retrieval takes 2 from the discard into hand, which means you are prone to Search the Premises + Mars, which can whisk the second metal energy back into the discard, while recycler takes 5 out of discard and puts them in deck, and fyi, since the discard pile is public, in both cases, you cannot choose nor shuffle in any number of applicable cards from the discard that are less or more than the number mentioned on the trainer card, and sadly, in the case of recycler, if you use it at the wrong time, then you risk shuffling a significant amount your psychic energy in deck, rather than the metal that cannot be Malamar-scooped, and after the shuffling process, you have a chance of not only robbing yourself of a prize opportunity but forced to pass turn without being able to attack as well as a result of shuffling all your psychics that could've went on your bench had recycler not been used before all the malamars scoop the three psychics needed to KO w/ Ultra Necrozma-GX. This is a card that I believe ties my hands, but in case I'm in a pinch...), vs. the Mars energy risk, I have to choose the Recycler risk rather than playing it safe w/ Retrieval...)
+1x Beast Ring FOL/Super Rod BKT 149(again, depending on what SM7 reveals...)(former may be a gimmick, but when it comes to cards that save the need to Invasion+Ability accelerate, what else could I possibly put in card no. 60???)

Last edited:
Bump!

After I watched a stream of a Japanese tournament on YouTube, I realized that beast ring is too situational for a six-prize game, so I decided to cut it and one of my three Bands in favor of Lunala Prism Star ULP, and add my Beast Energy back, as Malamar could fill its spot if and when Lunala Prism Star goes to the Lost Zone, and in return, Lunala can act as a backup counter to energy-based damagers such as Gardy should Celesteela somehow fall to Gardy...

Changes:

-1 Choice Band
-1 Beast Ring

+1 Lunala Prism Star
+1 Beast Energy Prism Star

Have you thought about using Unit Energy LPM in this deck? Might make drawing the needed energies easier.

Have you thought about using Unit Energy LPM in this deck? Might make drawing the needed energies easier.
How? The only Pokemon other than Necrozma that utilizes it is Lunala {*}, and Unit can't be fetched with Prof's Letter, nor re-attached with Malamar, and can't be discarded by Necrozma.

BUMP!

I figured that energy recycler could retrieve metal energy should they be discarded, and since Ultra Necrozma-GX suffers from a low chance of drawing Metal Energy, I took 2 Judges out, as well as my Beast Energy, to add back my ladies(to ensure I don't have the chance of failing to draw metal until it's too little, too late to avoid defeat by brick), as well as an ultra ball for 8 pokemon search cards, as well as 8 chances to discard psychics, according to the effect of the ultra ball...

Back