Suggest a Pokemon who deserves an EX or better reprint

theneverhoodlum

Aspiring Trainer
I'll start, of course.

It annoys me that all but suicune received EX cards, so here's my suggestion.

SUICUNE EX
170HP

[C] [C] Hex Beam ~ 10x
This attack does 10 more damage times the amount of [W] Energy attached to all of your Pokèmon in play.

[W] [W] [W] Blistering Tundra ~ 120
This Pokèmon cannot attack next turn. Ignore this effect if your opponent has less than 3 prize cards remaining.

Weakness: grass X2
Resistance : fire

Retreat cost: 2

Yeah, I so agree that we need a Suicune EX. It's gotten robbed since Entei and Raikou got EX's.

I still cast a vote for Sylveon EX.

Kind of think Regirock and Regice should have an EX. Registeel and Regigigas got one.

A water Palkia EX and a non therian Landorus EX.

Moltres and Zapdos also should get EX's, after all Articuno did.

Suicune EX would be great, it's unfair that it hasn't been released. I would like some love for basic Pokemon that don't evolve. Emolga got an EX. So Pachirisu, or Spinda EX would be cool too. Can't think of other Pokemon that can't evolve right now.

Moltres and Zapdos do have EX's. ^

True, but they are not full art EX's.

In fact, let's back up a second here. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres EX were plasma Pokémon. I would much prefer an EX release of Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres that aren't plasma Pokémon especially in light of the fact that Lugia is now getting a non plasma EX.

True, but they are not full art EX's.

In fact, let's back up a second here. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres EX were plasma Pokémon. I would much prefer an EX release of Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres that aren't plasma Pokémon especially in light of the fact that Lugia is now getting a non plasma EX.

That's true. A Moltres full art would be beautiful!

Smeargle, obviously.
I think the portrait ability on his last print is genius. So just do more of that.

Snorlax-EX: because Snorlax actually are of a caliber where the EX treatment makes sense. ;)

Not just fanboying; besides often being an event Pokémon outside of breeding for them (...well, last I checked) they have great stats (more impressive before they got a pre-Evolved form). Giving it HP and damage output to reflect its video game self screams "Pokémon-EX".

Snorlax-EX: because Snorlax actually are of a caliber where the EX treatment makes sense. ;)

Not just fanboying; besides often being an event Pokémon outside of breeding for them (...well, last I checked) they have great stats (more impressive before they got a pre-Evolved form). Giving it HP and damage output to reflect its video game self screams "Pokémon-EX".
I see it as a great tank card. Like Wailord. But colorless, hyper beam does 100 for four energy or something.

Sableye-EX w/ a Mega Sableye-EX
Theta symbol and an ability
Who knows, this game just became endless.

Luxray is also a really ccool Pokemon.

Well we already know that Sableye and Aerodactyl will get new EX's eventually, after all they mega evolve.

An Arcanine EX or Luxray EX would be cool too.

Oh, you know who needs an EX. We need a Zygarde EX...or a regular Zygarde of any type for that matter.

Okay, done with that nitpick.

My Top 10

1. Ninetales
2. Typhlosion
3. Suicune
4. Blissey
5. Vileplume
6. Zapdos
7. Flygon
8. Tropius
9. Arcanine
10. Moltres

Ninetales being my favorite Pokemon so it's number 1, Typhlosion is the Pokemon I've used the longest in the video game, Suicune is obvious, I think Blissey and Vileplume would look cool as full arts, same with the others listed.

I have to agree with the person who mentioned Moltres and Zapdos. Since full arts are the only reason I started collecting cards again, I'm only interested in full arts. So if a Pokemon has an ex but doesn't have a full art, it doesn't have an ex imo. In terms of design I'd love to see remakes of some of the earlier cards, but not all. I'm so happy Kyurem and Lugia are getting new full arts as I didn't like the original designs much. On the flipside I don't really think Genesect or Deoxys need remakes. The originals are perfect and can't be improved. I wouldn't mind if Articuno got remade since I think the original is kind of weird looking.

Last edited:
I think that Suicune, Regice and Regirock desserve it a lot. For FA EX, Zapdos and Moltres because in Plasma Storm only Articuno had.

Regular Pokémon? Well... I think Rhyperior EX would be awesome in FA, Stoutland EX, Roserade EX, Swellow EX, Golduck EX and of course one of my favourites Pokémon Crobat EX.

If it can change its Type and hit the Bench, Wide Lens would have a real purpose. ;)

Dude that would be freaking awesome.

this is what I think It would be like

Kecleon EX Hp 160

Ability: Rainbow Raider: While a rainbow energy is attached to this pokemon, it becomes all types.

Rapid tongue strike [C] [C] [C] this attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's pokemon.

Back