• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Storm Wind (Rayquaza GX / Latios Prism /Zeraora GX / Shuckle)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
STORM WIND

200px-Artwork384.png

Pokémon (10):
  • 1 Tapu Koko Prism (accelerate)
  • 1 Pheromosa SM6 (beatdown)
  • 1 Shaymin Prism (beatdown)
  • 2 Shuckle SM7a (accelerate)
  • 4 Rayquaza GX (beatdown)
  • 1 Zeraora GX (accelerate)
Trainer (34):
  • 3 Sightseer (draw)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 4 Cynthia (draw)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 4 Mysterious Treasure (search)
  • 2 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 2 Wishful Baton (retain)
  • 2 Field Blower (discard)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Acro Bike (draw)
  • 3 Devoured Fields (beatdown)
Energy (16):
  • 8 Lightning Energy
  • 8 Grass Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with either Zeraora GX or Shaymin Prism and use the search items to find Rayquaza GX and Shuckle. Play Shuckle to discard Basic Energy to be accelerated onto Rayquaza GX. Bench two to three Rayquaza GX and discard the top three cards from your deck to attach a Basic Energy to him. Use Tapu Koko Prism and Zeraora GX to accelerate additional energies onto the benched Rayquaza and Shaymin Prism. Start to attack with Shaymin Prism and Rayquaza GX once a sufficient amount has been accelerated onto the benched attackers to stream them.

Last edited:
There's one small problem with this... The Drampa you intend on using does not release in Celestial Storm. It instead releases in Dragon Majesty, which cojmes out on Sept. 7. This means that there is no way to play Mew FCO and that Drampa in the same standard format, and I can almost guarantee that there are better cards, like Vs. Seeker, that are missing from this deck if it is intended to be played in Expanded.

Hi John InCENAroar,

Thanks for the review. In that case I would replace Drampa SM6a with one additional Mew FCO to mimic a benched Latios Prism Star and a fourth Rayquaza Gx. How does that sound?

Hi folks,

Updated the deck list for the post-roation SM-on format. I beleive that this deck has a lot of potential in this format. In the list above I decided to check out Counter Gain but Wishful Baton would sure be an alternative to this tool.

Back