TCG Fakes Steff's Text-Based Fakes

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Hi everyone! You have probably seen me around the Forums, and now I'm here, because I've decided to start making text-based minidecks, a la the Japanese Mega Audino or the Zygarde decks! Each deck will have ~14 Pokémon cards, and 1-2 new trainers!

The first deck will be the: Crobat-EX + Uxie BREAK Combo Deck and will be in this post :)

[Basic] Venonat / HP: 50 [P]
venonat.gif

[P] Toxic Roll 20
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: [R] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] / [1/16]

[Stage 1 - Evolves from Venonat] Venomoth / HP: 90 [P]

venomoth.gif

[Ability] Toxic Spikes
Whenever your opponent switches his or her Active Pokémon out with one of his or her Benched Pokémon, flip a coin. If heads, the new Active Pokémon is now Poisoned.

[P] Sleep Poison 20
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Asleep and Poisoned.

Weakness: [R] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] / [2/16]

[Basic] Abra / HP: 60 [P]

abra.gif

[C] Sudden Teleport
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused. Switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: [P] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: None / [3/16]

[Basic] Crobat-EX / HP: 170 [P]

crobat.gif

[P][C] Ultra-Toxic Fang 40
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned. Put 4 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokémon between turns.

[C][C][C] Poisonous Winds 60x
This attack does 60 damage times the number of [P] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: [P] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: None / [4/16]

[Basic] Meditite / HP: 70 [P]

meditite.gif

[C] Detect
Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon, during your opponent's next turn.

[P] Psykick 30

Weakness: [P] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] / [5/16]

[Basic] Chimecho / HP: 90 [P]

chimecho.gif

[P] Heal Bell
Heal 30 damage from each of your benched Pokémon.

[P][C] Eerie Screech 20

Weakness: [P] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: None / [6/16]

[Basic] Skorupi / HP: 70 [P]

skorupi.gif

[P] Toxic Claws 10
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned. Put 2 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokémon between turns.

Weakness: [R] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] / [7/16]

[Stage 1 - Evolves from Skorupi] Drapion / HP: 130 [P]

drapion.gif

[P][C] Toxic Claws 30
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned. Put 3 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokémon between turns.

[P][P][C] Grab N' Drop 100
Your opponent's Active Pokémon can't retreat during his or her next turn.

Weakness: [P] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C][C][C] / [8/16]

[Basic] Uxie / HP: 100 [P]

uxie.gif

[Ability] Recoverer
Once during your turn, you may search your discard pile for a Basic [P]-Energy and attach it to one of your Benched Pokémon.

[P] Hypnotizing Gem
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Asleep.

Weakness: [P] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] / [9/16]

[BREAK - Evolves from Uxie] Uxie BREAK / HP: 150 [P]

uxie.gif

[P][C] Damage Control
Move all damage counters from your opponent's Active Pokémon to one of his or her Benched Pokémon.

[10/16]

[Basic] Woobat / HP: 60 [P]

woobat.gif

[P] Heart Smack 30

Weakness: [L] x2 / Resistance: [F] - 20 / Retreat: [C] / [11/16]

[Basic] Sigilyph / HP: 100 [P]

sigilyph.gif

[P] Air Cutter 30

[P][C] Mysterious Signal
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused. If your opponent flips tails during his or her next turn, put 1 more damage counter on that Pokémon.

Weakness: [L] x2 / Resistance: [F] - 20 / Retreat: [C] / [12/16]

[Basic] Trubbish / HP: 60 [P]

trubbish.gif

[P] Poison Spit 20
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: [P] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C][C] / [13/16]

[Basic] Espurr / HP: 60 [P]

espurr.gif

[Ability] Don't Look at the Ears!
If this Pokémon is damaged by your opponent's Stage 1 Pokémon, Stage 2 Pokémon or Pokémon-EX (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), put 4 damage counters on the attacking Pokémon.

[P] Meow
During your opponent's next turn, reduce all damage done to this Pokémon by 20.

Weakness: [P] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C]/ [14/16]

[Trainer/Supporter] Roxie

VSRoxie.png

Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Energy [Special Energy] - [P]

This card can only be attached to [P] Pokémon. This card provides [P]-Energy only while this card is attached to a [P] Pokémon.

If the Pokémon this card is attached to, is damaged by an attack, flip a coin. If heads, the attacking Pokémon is now Poisoned.

(If this card is attached to anything other than a [P] Pokémon, discard this card.)

I'll try to update with a minideck once or twice a week, but due to homework etc, there migth be more time in between decks :)

Last edited:
I think these minidecks are really neat ideas! I like the synergy in particular, and how you've used a mechanic to base the deck around.
As general wording fixes:
one ---> 1
Discard Pile ---> discard pile
attacking ---> Attacking
benched ---> Benched
out with ---> with
Stage 1, Stage 2 or EX Pokemon ---> Stage 1 Pokemon, Stage 2 Pokemon or Pokemon-EX

Great to see you made your way to faking, steff! :D

Your wording looks spot-on for the most part; just a few things:
  • "amount of P-Energy" -> "number of P Energy" (Crobat-EX)
  • "Remove 3 damage counters from each of your benched Pokémon." -> "Heal 30 damage from each of your Benched Pokémon." (Chimecho)
  • "Discard Pile" doesn't need to be capitalized. (Uxie)
  • "put 1 extra damage counter" -> "put 1 more damage counter" (Sigilyph)
  • I'm pretty sure Espurr's Ability can be worded like this: "If this Pokémon is damaged by your opponent's evolved Pokémon or Pokémon-EX (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), put 4 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon." That's assuming, of course, you want it to affect BREAKs, too. Otherwise your wording looks good. :)
EDIT: Aaaaand bb ninja's me. This is why they call him bbninjas, I suppose.

I think these minidecks are really neat ideas! I like the synergy in particular, and how you've used a mechanic to base the deck around.
Yeah, I want to make these decks, so they each have a theme (not in the English way though :p). This time it was poisoning and confusion, next time it'll be burning and Fire-Pokemon, and after that it'll be all about coin flips :D

Thank you both for your corrections! :D

Next up: M-Camerupt EX + Heatmor BREAK Combo Deck:

[Basic] Moltres / HP: 110 [R]

moltres.gif

[R] Singe
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned.

[R][R][C] Soaring Fire 90
Switch your opponent's Active Pokémon with one of his or her Benched Pokémon. The new Active Pokémon is now Burned.

Weakness: [W] x2 / Resistance: [F] -20 / Retreat: [C][C] / [1/16]

[Basic] Houndour / HP: 70 [R]

houndour.gif

[R] Will-o-Wisp

[R][C] Bite 40

Weakness: [W] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] / [2/16]

[Stage 1 - Evolves from Houndour] Houndoom / HP: 100 [R]

houndoom.gif

[R][C] Flaming Roar
Switch your opponent's Active Pokémon with one of his or her Benched Pokémon. The new Active Pokémon is now Burned.

[R][R][C] Fire Blast 100
Discard the top 3 cards of your deck.

Weakness: [W] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] / [3/16]

[Basic] Torchic / HP: 50 [R]

torchic.gif

[C] Peck 20

[R] Singe 30

Weakness: [W] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] / [4/16]

[Basic] Camerupt-EX / HP: 180 [R]

camerupt.gif

[Ability] Magma Armor
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by your opponent's [R] Pokémon.

[R][C][C] Mega Burn 130
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned. Put 4 damage counters instead of 2 on that Pokémon between turns.

Weakness: [W] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C][C][C] / [5/16]

[MEGA - Evolves from Camerupt-EX] M-Camerupt-EX / HP: 240 [R]

camerupt-mega.gif

[R][R][C][C] Ultimate Eruption 150
This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokémon). Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned.

Weakness: [W] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C][C][C][C] / [6/16]

[Basic] Torkoal / HP: 120 [R]

torkoal.gif

[Ability] Solid Shell
If this Pokémon has full HP and would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, this Pokémon is not Knocked Out and its remaining HP becomes 10 instead.

[R][C] Fire Spin 50
Your opponent's Active Pokémon can't retreat during his or her next turn.

Weakness: [W] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C][C][C] / [7/16]

[Basic] Darumaka / HP: 80 [R]

darumaka.gif

[C] Smack 20

[R][C] Flame Charge 50
Search your deck for a [R] Energy card and attach it to this Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness: [W] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C][C] / [8/16]

[Stage 1 - Evolves from Darumaka] Darmantitan / HP: 130 [R]

darmanitan-zen.gif

[Ability] Dual Type
As long as this Pokémon is in play, it is [R] and [P] type.

[R][C] DarMAXitan 70x
Flip a coin for each Energy attached to this Pokémon. This attack does 50 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: [W] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C][C][C] / [9/16]

[Basic] Litwick / HP: 50 [R]

litwick.gif

[R] Singe 40

Weakness: [W] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] / [10/16]

[Basic] Heatmor / HP: 110 [R]

heatmor.gif

[Ability] Burning Air
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may use this Ability. Both Active Pokémon (except for [R] Pokémon) are now Burned.

[R][R][C] Melted Body 60+
If your opponent's Active Pokémon is a [M] Pokémon, this attack does 60 damage + 100 damage.

Weakness: [W] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C][C] / [11/16]

[BREAK - Evolves from Heatmor] Heatmor BREAK / HP: 160 [R]

heatmor.gif

[Ability] Scorched Air
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may use this Ability. Put 3 damage counters on one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. If that Pokémon is a [G] Pokemon, put 6 damage counters on that Pokémon instead.

[12/16]

[Basic] Litleo / HP: 60 [R]

litleo.gif

[R] Ember 20

Weakness: [W] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] / [13/16]

[Stage 1 - Evolves from Litleo] Pyroar / HP: 120 [R]

pyroar-f.gif

[R][C] Flaming Roar

[R][R][C] Grand Flame 120

Weakness: [W] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C][C] / [14/16]

[Trainer/Pokémon Tool]

Attach a Pokémon Tool to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it.

Your turn does not end if the Pokémon this card is attached to becomes M-Camerupt-EX.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

[15/16]

[Trainer/Pokémon Tool]

Attach a Pokémon Tool to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it.

The Pokémon this card is attached to, can't be affected by any Special Conditions.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

[16/16]

The next minideck will be all about Coin Flipping! :D

Last edited:
I like this minideck, but I think that the power levels could be balanced more.
A great example is what you did to Pyroar and Houndoom. Houndoom is fully outclassed.
Heatmor BREAK's ability is overpowered as well. An ability that does 3 damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokémon per turn? That really doesn't sound right for a 'stage 1'.

Maybe a lumineon ex phione break deck

I love both, so I wouldn't be opposed to doing that! :)

I like this minideck, but I think that the power levels could be balanced more.
A great example is what you did to Pyroar and Houndoom. Houndoom is fully outclassed.
Heatmor BREAK's ability is overpowered as well. An ability that does 3 damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokémon per turn? That really doesn't sound right for a 'stage 1'.

I've changed Heatmor BREAK's ability so it isn't as overpowered, but I probably won't change neither Pyroar or Houndoom. I don't think their power levels should be even, as in my mind Pyroar would be a rare, while Houndoom an uncommon. But, I'm happy you like it :)

Like TFP, I think there are some power issues, though more with the Camerupt-EX and its mega. The Ability on Camerupt-EX is a very nasty Ability and basically causes type hate, which is generally not a good thing. M Camerupt-EX is a very powerful attacker - even more powerful than Primal Kyogre-EX!

I personally think Houndoom and Pyroar are fine. :3

Like TFP, I think there are some power issues, though more with the Camerupt-EX and its mega. The Ability on Camerupt-EX is a very nasty Ability and basically causes type hate, which is generally not a good thing. M Camerupt-EX is a very powerful attacker - even more powerful than Primal Kyogre-EX!

I personally think Houndoom and Pyroar are fine. :3
On M-Camerupt, do you think the damage should be lowered? Or should the extra damage be more limited? And I knew with Camerupt, that the Ability was a bit overpowered, but I thought it would be fine if I just made it so it only affected Fire-type Pokémon? Should it just be so any effects other than damage? :)

On M-Camerupt, do you think the damage should be lowered? Or should the extra damage be more limited? And I knew with Camerupt, that the Ability was a bit overpowered, but I thought it would be fine if I just made it so it only affected Fire-type Pokémon? Should it just be so any effects other than damage? :)

For M-Cam, I'd drop base damage to 150 and extra damage to 10 to balance if I was you. In regards to Camerupt, basically including the Camerupt in any deck, not fire deck can beat you, which isn't ideal. :p

Maybe make camerupt ex's ability coin flip based like noivern from FFI.

Also your commons seem a bit overpowered for commons, like meditite.

For M-Cam, I'd drop base damage to 150 and extra damage to 10 to balance if I was you. In regards to Camerupt, basically including the Camerupt in any deck, not fire deck can beat you, which isn't ideal. :p

Alright, I've changed M-Camerupt now. What about making Camerupt's ability so that it only affects Fire-type EX?

Maybe make camerupt ex's ability coin flip based like noivern from FFI.

Also your commons seem a bit overpowered for commons, like meditite.

I don't think the commons are overpowered, considering a lot of them needs coin flips to work :)

Alright, I've changed M-Camerupt now. What about making Camerupt's ability so that it only affects Fire-type EX?

In general, any form of Ability that can prevent damage done to a Pokemon is overpowered on a Basic, and anything that prevents damage done to all Pokemon that you have in play would have to be really difficult to set up (i.e. on a fossil Pokemon). The Ability placed on a Stage 1 fire type with the following changes would bring it down to XY era power levels:

Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by your opponent's [R] Pokémon.

So not a complete minideck, but more a promo pack'ish thing :)

[Basic] Spinda-EX / HP: 160 [C]

spinda.gif

[Ability] Spin Around
Whenever you or your opponent flips a coin, treat it as the opposite of what it lands on.

[C][C] Teeter Dance 60+
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused. This attack does 60 damage + 50 more damage if your opponent's Active Pokémon is Confused.

Weakness: [F] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C]

[Basic] Victini / HP: 70 [P]

victini.gif

[C] Victory Punch 20
Flip 3 coins. If all 3 are heads, take a prize card.

[P] Zen Headbutt 50

Weakness: [P] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat:

[BREAK - Evolves from Victini] Victini BREAK / HP: 110 [P]

victini.gif

(Ability) Victory Star
Once during your turn, after you flip any coins for an attack, you may ignore all effects of those coin flips and begin flipping those coins again. You can't use more than 1 Victory Star Ability each turn.

For @Numelz Numelz! Hope you like it!

[Basic] Poliwag / HP: 60 [W]

poliwag.gif

[W][C] Spiral Twist 20
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused. If tails, discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: [G] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] [1/13]

[Basic] Tentacool / HP: 70 [W]

tentacool.gif

[C] Wrap Tightly 10
Your opponent's Active Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

[W] Energy Blast 20+
Discard as many Energies attached to this Pokémon as you like. This attack does 20 damage + 10 damage for each Energy you discarded this way.

Weakness: [L] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] [2/13]

[Stage 1 - Evolves from Tentacool] Tentacruel / HP: 120 [W/P]

tentacruel.gif

[Ability] Polluted Waters
All [W] Pokémon in play is now both [W] and [P].

[W][W][C] Entangling Tentacles 60
Attach 3 basic [W] Energies from your Discard Pile to your Benched Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness: [P] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C][C] [3/13]

[Basic] Relicanth / HP: 100 [W]

relicanth.gif

[W] Energy Crackle 20
Discard an Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[W][C][C] Hydro Pump 10+
This attack does 10 damage + 20 damage for each [W] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: [G] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C][C] [4/13]

[Basic] Lumineon-EX / HP: 160 [W]

lumineon.gif

[W] Swim Away
Switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon.

[W][C][C][C] Butterfly Effect
Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon and put 6 damage counters on it. Then choose another of your opponent's Pokémon and put 5 damage counters on it. Then choose another of your opponent's Pokémon and put 4 damage counters on it. Then choose another of your opponent's Pokémon and put 3 damage counters on it. Then choose another of your opponent's Pokémon and put 2 damage counters on it. Then choose another of your opponent's Pokémon and put a damage counter on it. You can't choose the same Pokémon twice.

Weakness: [G] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C][C] [5/13]

[Basic] Phione / HP: 80 [W]

phione.gif

[W] Merge into Water
Switch the Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon.

[W][C] Big Wave 40+
This attack does 40 damage + 50 damage if your opponent's Active Pokémon has any Special Energies attached to it.

Weakness: [G] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] [6/13]

[BREAK - Evolves from Phione] Phione BREAK / HP: 130 [W]

phione.gif

[Ability] Energy Rain
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a [W] Energy from your hand to 1 of your Pokémon.

[7/13]

[Basic] Manaphy / HP: 90 [W]

manaphy.gif

[W][C] Black Waters 20
This attack does 20 damage to all of your opponent's [W] Pokémon.

Weakness: [G] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] [8/13]

[Basic] Panpour / HP: 70 [W]

panpour.gif

[C] Collect
Draw a card.

[W][C] Water Bullets 10x
Flip 5 coins. This attack does 10 times the amount of heads.

Weakness: [G] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [9/13]

[Stage 1 - Evolves from Panpour] Simipour / HP: 100 [W]

simipour.gif

[Ability] Energy Link
All of your Pokémon with [W] Energies attached to them gains +20 HP.

[W][C][C] Surf Over 100

Weakness: [G] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] [10/13]

[Basic] Keldeo / HP: 110 [W]

keldeo.gif

[W][C] Aqua Sword 50
Discard an Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[W][W][C] Gigantic Ripple 100+
If your opponent's Active Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX, this attack does 100 damage + 50 damage.

Weakness: [G] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] [11/13]

[Basic] Froakie / HP: 50 [W]

froakie.gif

[C] Call for Friends
Search your deck for 2 Basic Pokémon and put them on your Bench.

Weakness: [G] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [12/13]

[Basic] Clawitzer-EX / HP: 180 [W]

clawitzer.gif

[Ability] Mega Launcher
If this Pokémon has any [W] Energy attached to it, this Pokémon's attacks does 30 more damage.

[C][C][C] Hydro Blast 50+
This attack does 50 damage + 20 damage for each [W] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: [G] x2 / Resistance: / Retreat: [C][C][C] [13/13]

Back