TCG Fakes Steffenka's Card Factory (Image Based) - Ultra Isle!

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by steffenka, Jun 1, 2017.

1. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Hey y'all!
    I got the sudden urge to make image-based cards, and so this thread was born! In here I'll make a bunch of image based cards, that I hope y'all will enjoy!
    But first, credit where credit's due, a big thanks to @aschefield101 for both card blanks and foil effects!

Disappearing through a giant Ultra Wormhole eons ago, Crescent Isle has finally been rediscovered light years away from our world! Join Nanu, his Persian, and the Ultra Recon Squad in discovering Pokémon trapped in the dimension, including Milotic & Cresselia, and defeat terrifying Ultra Beasts, like Buzzwole GX and Guzzlord GX!

4. Bellossom GX
    9. Crescent Masquerain
    13. Pumpkaboo
    23. Oricorio
    24. Blacephalon
    25. Feebas
    26. Crescent Milotic
    30. Oshawott
    34. Jellicent
    38. Eelektrik
    40. Xurkitree
    41. Cresselia Prism Star
    42. Litwick
    52. Stakataka
    62. Guzzlord GX
    66. Nanu

Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 10:11 AM

2. TylerRVG The Cosmic rage of Astral Dwarfs from Aberdeen.
    TylerRVG

Some nice cards dude. Two things I'll say though:

-You should probably use Ken Suigamori art for the Evolution image instead of In-game screenshots of the 'Mons.
    -The attack titles are often really blurry. The [W] and [G] Icons in Charizard's attack texts also look a lil' distorted.

3. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Thank you for the advice! I'll try to use those pics from now on!
    The thing about the attack titles, is that the program I use, doesn't have the fond that Pokémon cards normally use, so I have to manually widen them, which is why they look so blurry. The same with the [W] and [G] icons, since I had to manually insert them from other cards and then edit them :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  4. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

So, I tried making a GX card, and then realised that I have no idea of how to make a white outline on black letters, so this is what I could do, before giving up:

[​IMG]

I also made a few other cards! Thank you @double o squirtle for letting me use her Litten art :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Note: I made this solely because @bbninjas didn't make his one holo in Knightly Nights :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    bbninjas and double o squirtle like this.
  5. CMP Now with 400% more Neo!
    CMP

Nice cards, @steffenka!

Font errors aside, since that's a program issue, I noticed some wording/grammatical errors. On Maquerain and Bellossom, it looks like you forgot to capitalize "Bench," while you capitalized it any time you used the term "Benched Pokémon." On Lugia's Ability, you used "you Active Pokémon" instead of "your Active Pokémon." I won't comment too much on the other wording without doing some research myself, but unless there's new wording, Incineroar's Finishing Blow sounds wrong. I'd probably use something like, "If your opponent's Active Pokémon has 10 or more damage counters on it, this attack does 120 more damage." I don't think you need to repeat the 100 damage, and when adding more damage, always spell out "plus."

Keep it up!

steffenka likes this.
  6. Jabberwock #Jovimohnaeliackvid
    Jabberwock

You can do this in Photoshop by going to Layer > Layer Styles > Stroke and applying a white stroke of about 2px (depending on the size of the blank). If you're using GIMP, @Nekoban Ryo made a cool tutorial a long time ago that now I can't find for the life of me (though ik I've got it saved somewhere; will look later). If you're using anything else, @bbninjas might be able to help. :p

steffenka likes this.
  7. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Thank you for you feedback CMP! I'll definitely keep that in mind when I make future cards!

Thanks Jabber! I'm not using Photoshop, so I don't think I can use the tutorial, but I'll have a look at it anyways - if you can find it :p

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  8. CMP Now with 400% more Neo!
    CMP

Just curious, what program are you using? I've worked with quite a few, so maybe I can help? :)

steffenka likes this.
  9. Ninjabot 215 Beep Boop
    Ninjabot 215

I love your cards! Especially that Shaymin! Nice use of the PMD illustration.

steffenka likes this.
  10. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

I use a program that I downloaded called "paint.net". The only reason I got it, was because I found it easier to use than the normal microsoft paint :)

Thanks a bunch! Glad you like them! :D

11. CMP Now with 400% more Neo!
    CMP

Unfortunately, one of the few I've never used, but maybe this will help?

steffenka likes this.
  12. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Thanks a bunch! I came up with a different way to make Ultra Rares, but I'll definitely keep this in mind the next time I want to make GX cards! :D

13. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Like I said, I have worked on a Secret Rare/Ultra Rare of sorts, as my replacement of GX cards :p

[​IMG]

Here are some other cards! A big thanks goes to Cascade Gonpory for every blank that isn't a trainer card or a Fire, Grass, Electric or Normal-type card!

[​IMG]
    Note: Artwork

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Took a small break due to birthday celebration, and supporting friends during exams, but I am back now!
    Also, if there are any requests, let me know, and I'll see what I can do! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Three new cards! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

The comeback we've all been waiting for is finally here! I'm back, reenergized and with a brand new idea in mind! Asche helped me find the correct fonts, so that's not a worry no longer!

May I present: Project PokéDex! I will attempt to make a card for every Pokémon (including Megas and most formes)! So I hope y'all are looking forward to that! Speaking of, there's a list with all the Pokémon in my OP (the cards in the post were moved to another post), in which I'll include links to all the cards made! :D

Here's the first 24 cards (including a Supporter, because Wynaut?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Introducing Primal Reversions, Mega Evolutions and the first (or last?) three Eeveelutions! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lord o da rings likes this.
  18. FullArtGardevoir Shrouded by Darkness...as a Cruel Tratoir
    FullArtGardevoir

How did you make these?!

19. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

It's actually quite easy, once you get used to it! There's tutorials and blanks in this thread which should have everything you need! :D

aschefield101 likes this.
  20. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

More Mega Evolutions, the first Ultra Beast and a bunch of my own artwork! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jabberwock likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

bbninjas