State and Direction of PokeBeach?

The new banner is much needed, the last one was such an eyesore. Great job WPM!

After midterms I'll have a lot more freetime (they end on tuesday). I'm hearing discussions about CaC and I could probably help host (if the wording of Sun/Moon cards is the same as BW cards, which I am pretty good at wording stuff with). I think I helped host the image based portion once (although that was when text based fakes became super popular so there were only a few image based fakes). But, if you need my help, let me know. Just because I don't post in the Imposter Oak's section like I used to doesn't mean I still check it out and have a good grip on what's going on.

The new banner is much needed, the last one was such an eyesore. Great job WPM!

After midterms I'll have a lot more freetime (they end on tuesday). I'm hearing discussions about CaC and I could probably help host (if the wording of Sun/Moon cards is the same as BW cards, which I am pretty good at wording stuff with). I think I helped host the image based portion once (although that was when text based fakes became super popular so there were only a few image based fakes). But, if you need my help, let me know. Just because I don't post in the Imposter Oak's section like I used to doesn't mean I still check it out and have a good grip on what's going on.
If we need your help - or any member's for that matter - we'll let you know or post a notice in the appropriate Creative Works forum, so be sure you're always keeping an eye out! ^.^

New banner looks great, good job guys!
Again, if you ever need someone to host CaC I can certainly do that, since I have much more free time now. Judging is pretty out of the question, considering I haven't touched the TCG in ages and haven't got fully back into it but expect I will do. Keep me posted <3

New banner looks really nice––I love the scenery! It feels so majestic, especially with Arceus, but the logo almost feels a little out-of-place now.

Also, I'd love to help out with CaC whenever that goes in the works!

@King Arceus I hope your happy! :p wow that new banner looks great! @Scorched Feathers I think you'd do great! CaC was something I loved to look at when it was active, and I'd love to participate!

Also I think I'd win! :pI know not all my cards, (below in my signature) are pitch-perfect, and as long as the wording is Xy, (because I think SM wording is bad :mad:) I could probably get my wording pretty spot-on. #iluvgrammer

So uh this new site layout is totally going great, right guys? ;)

I absolutely hate the front page right now though. I dislike seeing WPM's tweets amongst the real news posts as it isn't news and hardly front page worthy. If I wanted to see his tweets, I'd follow him on Twitter.

About the front page:
Personally, I like the new vertical layout. I can just scroll down to get to older articles faster. However, what I don't like are the tweets and the fact that I can't scroll through pages to find old articles. People want news, not 140-character jokes and such. You can already see them from the side on the forums homepage––why do they need to be front page stuff? To lighten the mood? Even then, it just doesn't fit, and looks a bit unprofessional, in my opinion. People come to the front page for news, like I said earlier––not tweets. As for scrolling through old news articles, I can understand if they're just irrelevant, but with tweets clogging up space for articles, I think multiple pages for news stories on the front page are definitely necessary if you're going to keep them there. Perhaps some sort of archiving system where you can see all the news articles posted in a certain month and year? These are just my suggestions, but I hope you'll consider them. ^v^

Front page isn't done and it's holiday time (i'm the one who's been changing it -- the programming part not the design), so it will probably get more-fixed after dallas regionals since that's when my free time is. We are waiting on the server admin for pagination and unfortunately I can't do anything faster on that half. There's the archives pages http://www.pokebeach.com/archives until then.

I had no idea the archives page existed, so thanks for linking it! I really appreciate it. ^v^

Also, one thing I noticed when recently browsing through the nooks and crannies of the new layout is that not only are the Skype Chat Room rules and ability to enter the chat extremely hard to access (there's no way to access the page so I've put them in my signature), but that application forms for most positions are very hard to access. To find them, one must either go to the Badges application form, click "Application Forms" at the top of the page, and then select their desired application form from there, or click on the link in someone's signature––and even then, that may only link to one application form. Wondering what could be done to accommodate this.

In addition, images broke––is there currently a solution being worked on? When can I expect that to be fixed?

Everything you mentioned + more is on our to-do list. It'll get done when the programmers/server admin have time. As my Tweet on the front page now says. :p

Back