• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Starmie/Golduck (Post-Rotation)

Random418

Aspiring Trainer
So this is my deck right now. I'd really like to avoid putting in a Lele, just because I'm keeping it kinda budget for now. Anything else should be fine. All suggestions are welcome!

Pokémon: 18

• 4 Psyduck SUM
  • 4 Golduck SUM
  • 2 Golduck BREAK BKP
  • 2 Staryu BKP
  • 2 Starmie EVO
  • 2 Remoraid BKT (31)
  • 2 Octillery BKT
Trainer: 31
  • 3 Brooklet Hill
  • 4 Bursting Balloon
  • 2 Choice Band
  • 4 Dive Ball
  • 3 Field Blower
  • 2 N
  • 1 Lillie
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Prof. Kukui
  • 4 Prof. Sycamore
  • 3 Prof. Letter
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher
Energy: 11
  • 11 Water Energy

Bursting Balloon is unfortunately not that great anymore with Field Blower running amok. So I would scrap them all for two more Bands, a fourth Brooklet Hill, and an N. Bands are still good because you don't have to rely on your opponent to get value out of them. Brooklet Hill is essential for your consistency. and so is N. Also, since they only have 90 HP, I would change a Letter for another Stretcher, as you may need to recover them more than you would like. I would go with a fourth N in place of Lillie, as the ability to hand refresh even when you already have 6 cards is a nice thing to be able to do.

And Lysandre is not post-rotation! Silly goose. Gotta go with ya boi, Guzma. I would play 3, replacing Skyla with the third one.

Good list though. Consider replacing a BREAK with Manaphy EX to get them free retreats.

Dive ball is rotating and one of supporters are not good at all unless there the type you use on the first turn. Clean up your supporters to be draw based and Guzma is essential for those clutch ko's. You probably don't need that many letters either. sense no lele you might need random receiver to facilitate getting to your supporters.also unless you play like 3 kukuis don't play choice band it's a waste of space sense 150x2 is 300 and 120×2 is is 240 and that 2hko's everything relevant except metagross which is just gonna max potion anyway

Back