Discussion Standard Meta Tier List

Licki200

Aspiring Trainer
I was thinking the Drampa build to put early pressure on your opponent. It forces them to play items or lose to Drampa. If not Garb, what do I build?

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
Yes it goes from Said Deck - Tapu Koko, I have yet to lose a to a gyarados that wasn't because of dead draws or missing 3 elixirs Baby koko makes this matchup a 70 in koko favor due to flying flip to knockout all hurt gyarados and hex maniac puts mr mime into rest.

I have been playing this list and so far I really like it. I need to get baby Koko, but other than that, I find I enjoy the list. Basically, I go out of my way to try to get behind with the Electrode early and then Ace Trainer. From there it is a matter of "my Raikou trades better than whatever you have active." I would like to say Koko is the star, but Raikou does most of the tanking. Koko comes in and blows things up then usually takes a back seat. Figured since you shared your list, I might as well share mine.

3 Raikou
3 Tapu Koko GX
2 Voltorb
2 Electrode
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Jolteon EX (I might cut this)
1 Oranguru

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
3 Lysandre
2 Ace Trainer
2 Professor Kukui (Might drop to 1 or remove altogether)

4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
3 VS Seeker
2 Field Blower
1 Super Rod

4 Fighting Fury Belt

4 Aether Paradise Conservation Area

10 Lightning Energy

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Bump Mewtwo outta there because Garb owns it. I would add Sylveon to tier one or tier two. It basically autowins unless you string Ns or only need one energy to attack for an OHKO on it. Raichu/Lycanroc is extremely good and very underrated IMO, although it's not Tier 1, it could very easily be T2. Other than that, looks good! Thanks for doing this! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

StevenM

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I think Volcanion can still be viable, maybe I just need to strike the right balance with being fast enough for stuff like Greninja but not too much so I can deal with Garb. It's tricky.

Fayld

Advanced Member
I think Volcanion can still be viable, maybe I just need to strike the right balance with being fast enough for stuff like Greninja but not too much so I can deal with Garb. It's tricky.

I don't think greninja is the problem. I still don't see it very often. Turbo Lapras is faster and hits harder for a lot less effort. Garbodor is a bad match up, but you can at least try to make a deck to beat it. I don't think that volcanion deck exists for lapras.

StevenM

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I don't think greninja is the problem. I still don't see it very often. Turbo Lapras is faster and hits harder for a lot less effort. Garbodor is a bad match up, but you can at least try to make a deck to beat it. I don't think that volcanion deck exists for lapras.

Yeah. :(

Last edited:

Fayld

Advanced Member

Don't get me wrong. If you like the deck, I wouldn't stop running it because of lapras. Ninetales maybe, but I am guessing you can out speed that one. I don't think lapras is so big right now that it warrants putting volcanion down.

In fact, I am in search of a volcanion list from Europe that is rocking brooklet hill. I also want to toy around with mallow and scorched earth. Final idea was implementing the Lurantis promo into the deck and focusing on baby volcanion.

StevenM

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Don't get me wrong. If you like the deck, I wouldn't stop running it because of lapras. Ninetales maybe, but I am guessing you can out speed that one. I don't think lapras is so big right now that it warrants putting volcanion down.

In fact, I am in search of a volcanion list from Europe that is rocking brooklet hill. I also want to toy around with mallow and scorched earth. Final idea was implementing the Lurantis promo into the deck and focusing on baby volcanion.

Can't outspeed it if i'm limiting items in anticipation of Garbador. :/ That's the issue. I just lost to Garb because I had to play items to keep me in the game and I lost. Lucky top decks from the opponent but whatever. I feel like whatever I play will do bad. And I can't go to locals because i'll be laughed at if i make a mistake or something.

Fayld

Advanced Member
Can't outspeed it if i'm limiting items in anticipation of Garbador. :/ That's the issue. I just lost to Garb because I had to play items to keep me in the game and I lost. Lucky top decks from the opponent but whatever. I feel like whatever I play will do bad. And I can't go to locals because i'll be laughed at if i make a mistake or something.

I think one mistake people are making with volcanion lists is dumping the third baby volcanion. If anything, I think the list needs to take some inspiration from turbo darkrai and increase the nuber of baby volcanions to 4. That increases the chances of starting it. I also think the switches and ropes need to be replaced with float stones, maybe run two Olympia and maybe run the starmie variant. These are all ideas that could help maintain the speed element while limiting automatic items into the discard.

StevenM

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I think one mistake people are making with volcanion lists is dumping the third baby volcanion. If anything, I think the list needs to take some inspiration from turbo darkrai and increase the nuber of baby volcanions to 4. That increases the chances of starting it. I also think the switches and ropes need to be replaced with float stones, maybe run two Olympia and maybe run the starmie variant. These are all ideas that could help maintain the speed element while limiting automatic items into the discard.

Saw a list that played 4 Float Stones. That makes a lot of sense. I had been playing 3 but upping it up isn't bad. I'm gonna stick with Volcanion. It's not as good as it once was but i think it can still be relevant somewhat. And I know there's the Starmie variant but I think a Remoroid/Octillary line could prove useful too, although it doesn't serve the same purpose. Just trying to be creative. (hoping nobody tells me it's a bad idea because I kinda like the idea.)

Kangdaddy

Aspiring Trainer
Hi,

I may well be in the wrong area, but a question about the Lycanroc tier 3 deck.

I was wondering why there is not zygarde ex in the deck? i just though with Lycanrox/Zygarde/Carbink it give another viable option as an attacker plus can attack with just 1 basic energy.

(i'm fairly new and just entered my first local tournament in a few weeks and am running a fighting deck so was hoping to base mine of what i find in here)

Thanks and sorry if this post is in the wrong area!

Trixss

Aspiring Trainer
Hi,

I may well be in the wrong area, but a question about the Lycanroc tier 3 deck.

I was wondering why there is not zygarde ex in the deck? i just though with Lycanrox/Zygarde/Carbink it give another viable option as an attacker plus can attack with just 1 basic energy.

(i'm fairly new and just entered my first local tournament in a few weeks and am running a fighting deck so was hoping to base mine of what i find in here)

Thanks and sorry if this post is in the wrong area!
You're not in the wrong here Zygarde was in the original list but I guess I forgot to write it down, Most of the list posted were week 1-3 of guardians rising released so it was all speculation now that I have a definitive list for each then I will be updating it within the coming week ( June 12 ) . I hope you enjoyed your first local tournament and hope you continue to enjoy the game!

StevenM

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Is Ninetales GX a viable deck? Volcanion is just too clunky and I need something more versatile and consistent. Is Ninetales that deck?

Trixss

Aspiring Trainer
Is Ninetales GX a viable deck? Volcanion is just too clunky and I need something more versatile and consistent. Is Ninetales that deck?
Ninetales is a very good deck took top 4 in a league cup I was at last week. I'll put up the top 4 list on the 12th.