Stage 3

number473

Aspiring Trainer
ex Pokemon were added to bring a new power level to the Pokemon tcg, but what I have in mind is something slightly different. Stage 3 evolution cards would effectively be stage 2 pokemon at very high level, and probably be about as strong as ex stage 2s, mabe just slightly weaker. Let me illestrate with an example:

Bellossom C (Grass)
HP 150
evolves from Bellossom
Poke-Power: Healing Aura
once during your turn... remove 4 damage counters from one of your
pokemon.
Solar Beam: GCCC 80

With C as in the roman numeral C, for 100. Well, what do you guys think? It's a cool idea, huh?

Unbalanced.. >_>

Seriously, it's not TOO hard to get the things out, and they only give you one prize? IMO, anything past exes is broken, really..

Aside from that, crit on the card.. Just Healing Aura. It's really broken.. you wouldn't see that on a stage-2 ex, IMO.. not unless the thing couldn't attack.

You're probably right on the strength issue, I made up the card spur-of-the-moment to illustrate the concept. I think if they were made at the right power level stage 3's could add an interesting element to the game, though. Oh, and don't forget pokemon that only went up to stage 1, or even basics, could then have a stronger version. If there was a stage one version of lugia we might get a card that wasn't such a pathetic excuse for a legendary pokemon.

Stage 3 would be going too far. Imagine how long it would take to get a stage 3. You have to get a basic out, then get a stage 1, then evolve it into a stage 2 and if the game isn't over by then, evolve that into stage 3.

Back