Games Spyro The Dragon Discussion Thread

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
I dug into my old PS1 games and found both Spyro 2 and Spyro 3, which I played eagerly when I was a kid. I started a new save and I think that, now that I understand a lot more from the game and the English language (thinking it through, I think Spyro was the first English game I played and I understood half of the dialogues already. :v), I enjoy the game even more!

I also played more recently the Legend Of Spyro series to it's fullest and gotta say that I actually like the story behind the games. It also gives background to characters that had rarely any story at all, like Hunter (and made it look even more bad-ass).

However, the approach they took on the Skylanders series is just awful. I personally don't like those games. I think I just got used to the Legend series a bit too much. :p

These last couple of days, whenever I had the time, I've played on both the PS1 games I own and the complete TLoS trilogy as much as I can because of nostalgia. :') So, now that I've expressed some thoughts, I'd like to hear yours!

Have you played the Original series, Legend trilogy, or the Skylander games? Which was/is your favorite? Do you think Sony is willing to relive the franchise, be it from a reboot from the Original series or extend the Legend one?

Discuss! © Water Pokémon Master

Crash Bandicoot Thread coming in a week or two.

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
The GBA games were the first video games I had ever owned, so I have a soft spot for good ole' GBA Spyro. I should play some other ones. I think it's a shame the only thing being done with Spyro is Skylanders.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
I dearly miss this series. I have very fond memories of two childhood friends and I staying up extremely late, eating jam straight from the jar, and beating the original game in one night (after having beaten the game countless times before). We each had our own specialties. Jacob was good at the areas that needed speed, Kayla was amazing at the flight trials, and I was great at the regular levels.

The second and third games were also great. I've spent so many hours of my childhood playing this series.

Unpopular opinion: I actually really enjoyed the Legend of Spyro series. Sure, it wasn't the original. But you know what? It was a lot of fun.

I would love if Spyro got his own game again, one that isn't Skylanders.

Sarakazi

Aspiring Trainer
I played the heck out of the first three. Year of the Dragon was my favorite.

Enter the Dragonfly was terrible, and a Hero's Tail was okay. Played the first Legend game an it was horrible. GBA versions were "meh." IMO, the Spyro games went way downhill beyond the PS1 games.

I've never played any Spyro games beyond those, and I'm not interested in buying a hundred figures to play Skylanders.

CF1994

Aspiring Trainer
I certainly had fond memories playing Ripto's Rage (Or Gateway to Glimmer, as it's known in my continent) and Year of the Dragon.

Didn't get to play the very first Spyro game, but the remaining two do have a strong place in my heart, even to this day.

I even enjoy listening to the soundtracks of all three games, even if I've only played the last two. Steward Copeland is definitely an amazing composer worth respecting when it comes to great video game music.

Since Crash Bandicoot is getting rebooted/remade right now, I reckon Spyro might be next in line sometime before or after 2020.

I look forward to seeing my beloved childhood gaming protagonist if all goes well between now and then.