Ruling special conditions

Roy 747

eeveelutions collector
on the card arbok from DF it has an attack that burns and poisons at the same time

for example (flareados): say i spider trapped last turn and they woke up and then this turn i evo flame. Are they now affected by 3 special conditions (poison, burned, confused) ? or is that only arbok?

In short, yes, they are.

In the card game, you can be Poisoned AND Burned, as well as any other Special Condition. This is because poison and burn are shown by markers; the others are shown by turning the card, and you can't turn a card both left and right at the same time (which is why you can't be Asleep and Paralyzed simultaneously).

So you can be Poisoned and Burned (both counters); Poisoned and Confused (poison marker, turn card upside down); Burned and Confused (burn marker, card upside down); Asleep, Burned, and Poisoned (both markers, card to the side)... the list goes on.

oh.... then everybody at my league was either cheating me, or being a MEGAn00b juz like me, lol

so i can reactive poison for 100 freaking dmg w/ juz 1 energy OMG. flareados is way cheaper than i ever thought
thx :D

Back