SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

Weavile04

Professional Dark-Type User
I can't wait for genesect's big appearance... I don't really care for the other two. Besides, is it me, or are bug types 100% underdogs?

*other three

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
I know I've moaned about this sort of thing in the past, when pokebeach eventually gets round to covering news, and even up to a day late on one occasion (over 24 hours), (I have been told off for doing this sort of thing before) But I have known about this news since this morning, when a certain popular guy, for tcg news, uploaded a video on this set, complete with the zeraora booster pack art, and even confirmation of a promo pikachu card in japan, and what it does.
well I don't see the promo pikachu in this post, but it's a start.
I was refreshing the sites homepage at least once every half an hour for about 6 hours, to see if this news would be covered here, but nope. (Call that dedication to this site if you like). However I just gave up in the end. But now I refresh the home page, before going to bed, and see that the news has finally been revealed.

Now I know and understand that things like this would take time to cover properly, and can't always be the first place to break the news. (especially on weekends) People like Waterpokemonmaster must have other things to do besides maintaining this website, and its updates, like being with his family, working and so on. But I really do like to read about news here on this site before everywhere else, as pokebeach has on most occasions been the first place to reveal new card related stuff. Thus making it a pretty reliable source for information.
I don't usually care too much when the news is only a few hours behind other places/ sources, but half a day is a bit too much for me.

John Healey

Spread Player
I know I've moaned about this sort of thing in the past, when pokebeach eventually gets round to covering news, and even up to a day late on one occasion (over 24 hours), (I have been told off for doing this sort of thing before) But I have known about this news since this morning, when a certain popular guy, for tcg news, uploaded a video on this set, complete with the zeraora booster pack art, and even confirmation of a promo pikachu card in japan, and what it does.
I was refreshing the sites homepage at least once every half an hour for about 6 hours, to see if this news would be covered here, but nope. (Call that dedication to this site if you like). However I just gave up in the end. But now I refresh the home page, before going to bed, and see that the news has finally been revealed.

Now I know and understand that things like this would take time to cover properly, and can't always be the first place to break the news. (especially on weekends) People like Waterpokemonmaster must have other things to do besides maintaining this website, and its updates, like being with his family, working and so on. But I really do like to read about news here on this site before everywhere else, as pokebeach has on most occasions been the first place to reveal new card related stuff. Thus making it a pretty reliable source for information.
I don't usually care too much when the news is only a few hours behind other places/ sources, but half a day is a bit too much for me.

you okay?

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer

Oh my... you really had to wait HALF A DAY...? :rolleyes:

You could always create your own Pokémon site and do the work yourself if you're that unhappy. I'm sure the people behind this site work very hard to bring you free content and it's obviously not appreciated by you.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
I know I've moaned about this sort of thing in the past, when pokebeach eventually gets round to covering news, and even up to a day late on one occasion (over 24 hours), (I have been told off for doing this sort of thing before) But I have known about this news since this morning, when a certain popular guy, for tcg news, uploaded a video on this set, complete with the zeraora booster pack art, and even confirmation of a promo pikachu card in japan, and what it does.well I don't see the promo pikachu in this post, but it's a start.I was refreshing the sites homepage at least once every half an hour for about 6 hours, to see if this news would be covered here, but nope. (Call that dedication to this site if you like). However I just gave up in the end. But now I refresh the home page, before going to bed, and see that the news has finally been revealed.
Now I know and understand that things like this would take time to cover properly, and can't always be the first place to break the news. (especially on weekends) People like Waterpokemonmaster must have other things to do besides maintaining this website, and its updates, like being with his family, working and so on. But I really do like to read about news here on this site before everywhere else, as pokebeach has on most occasions been the first place to reveal new card related stuff. Thus making it a pretty reliable source for information.I don't usually care too much when the news is only a few hours behind other places/ sources, but half a day is a bit too much for me.
Why bro, just cold. If it ticks you off just find all of the info yourself.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!

Here's a smart question, If you've already seen the latest and greatest new merch and product, why the heck do you wait for it to be covered here?

Thats not dedication, thats a straight waste of time :confused:.

Srmb

Physics, that's what pokemon is all about!
Zeroara, it's just so nice. Hope the card will be good.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie

If you happen to catch something that early again, feel free to contact the news team so we can make a news story about it (Me, WPM or @Joldilocks), or you can apply to be in the news team here :)

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
Oh my... you really had to wait HALF A DAY...? :rolleyes:

You could always create your own Pokémon site and do the work yourself if you're that unhappy. I'm sure the people behind this site work very hard to bring you free content and it's obviously not appreciated by you.

I had to laugh at this. Free content... FREE CONTENT!!
I do appreciate all of the hard work, that goes into the collecting of all the card scans and translations when they get revealed. As well as some of the more minor, or even major news like a new trailer etc. and I admit that i'm the impatient type when it comes to tcg related news. (i just prefer the tcg over the vgc. it's much easier to catch and punish cheaters in the tcg. especially when you can call a judge over at any time.)
However there are still some things on this site, which isn't free. If I try to read a a good promising article that someone has written up and it has been uploaded to the home page, I do enjoy reading it, and about the current meta, and counters etc, and even some of the match ups, that person had. I'm just starting to get into it until I then read...

"If you'd like to continue reading PokeBeach's premium articles, consider purchasing a premium membership!"
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....
This does not sound like free content to me.
what ticks me off the most is when half of these articles don't even have the deck list they used, before this message pops up. The Zoro to hero article on the 1st of April was kind enough to provide a deck list up near the top of the article so i'm grateful for that at the very least. and very appreciated, So I can build the deck and test it for myself. I actually placed 3rd at my local league with the list provided last weekend. But this should be the standard for every article, that at least 1 deck list goes up near the top.

Go purchase the premium then, I hear you say. I only have part time work, and all my spare money goes towards buying card singles. Like just a week ago on payday, I went and bought 4 copies of Buzzwole GX in preparation for Forbidden Light. and other card staples like 4 Strong Energy and 4 Max Elixer. I'm usually a bit skint for spare cash after payday. Even something as little as £5 is a bit much for me.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
People like Waterpokemonmaster must have other things to do

...and you clearly didn't.

I would understand complaining about an official news outlet, but as professional as it looks, this is ultimately a fan site. And as prompt as previous spoilers have been, yours is a pedantic gripe.

Disappointed that small time news like this is spoiled less than a day late? Give me a break.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I do appreciate all of the hard work, that goes into the collecting of all the card scans and translations when they get revealed. As well as some of the more minor, or even major news like a new trailer etc. and I admit that i'm the impatient type when it comes to tcg related news. (i just prefer the tcg over the vgc. it's much easier to catch and punish cheaters in the tcg. especially when you can call a judge over at any time.)
However there are still some things on this site, which isn't free. If I try to read a a good promising article that someone has written up and it has been uploaded to the home page, I do enjoy reading it, and about the current meta, and counters etc, and even some of the match ups, that person had. I'm just starting to get into it until I then read...

"If you'd like to continue reading PokeBeach's premium articles, consider purchasing a premium membership!"
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....
what ticks me off the most is when half of these articles don't even have the deck list they used, before this message pops up. The Zoro to hero article on the 1st of April was kind enough to provide a deck list up near the top of the article so i'm grateful for that at the very least. and very appreciated, So I can build the deck and test it for myself. I actually placed 3rd at my local league with the list provided last weekend. But this should be the standard for every article, that at least 1 deck list goes up near the top.

Go purchase the premium then, I hear you say. I only have part time work, and all my spare money goes towards buying card singles. Like just a week ago on payday, I went and bought 4 copies of Buzzwole GX in preparation for Forbidden Light. and other card staples like 4 Strong Energy and 4 Max Elixer. I'm usually a bit skint for spare cash after payday. Even something as little as £5 is a bit much for me.

My "free content" comment related to the news updates that you were complaining about. You don't need a premium membership to read those. Other people work hard to maintain this site and they have lives too, as was acknowledged by you. If you already read the news elsewhere, why is it such a big deal that you need to see it posted here right away?

As far as charging for a premium membership, well that's a whole different argument for another day. With that said, they do post free articles from time to time. I never said "go purchase the premium."

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

If you really want to read the rest of the article that bad, you might want to consider buying less cards so you can afford to pay for premium. I don't personally pay for it, because I'm only 15, but I do enjoy reading the parts that I can read before it says I have to be premium to read more. More often than not, it even includes at least one decklist, and talks about some of the card inclusions. I know it's not the whole article but the parts I do read are mostly helpful. As for paying for a subscription to read the articles, that doesn't annoy me. I enjoy the parts I read, and I get that it takes money to keep up the site, especially with net neutrality being killed.

Is half a day really too long to wait? Don't you have other things to do? If you had already seen it, why does it matter if Pokebeach is late? It doesn't really matter if Pokebeach is late, because news on here is quality news. I appreciate how hard WPM, steffenka, and the other people on the news team work. I love the jokes WPM usually adds. Because of these things, and the fact that I don't usually see Pokemon news anywhere else first, I don't care if it's late, because I didn't know about the news, and thus, why do I care if it's late? I have other things to do to fill my time besides checking a site every thirty minutes. I hope I helped give you some perspective. ;)