SM5+ 'Ultra Force' Releasing in January!

Will we get the alternate type GXs in Forbidden Light when we already had them in Ultra Prism?
Probably.
  • Metal Dialga - 1.) Metal is good now. 2.) We have Magnezone and Mt. Coronet 3.) Frying Pan loves it. 4.) Easily tech 1 on Dusk Mane Magnezone. 4 Geodudes
We will getting Metal Frying Pan as a SR expected

Could someone please explain why Japan uses English phrases for the titles of some of these cards?
Like "E-ne-ru-gi ri-sa-i-ku-ru" (Rough pronounciation of "Energy Recycler")

At least it looks amazing even though it will be bad until it gets released as a metal type

That 120 damage on the psychic rotom is legit. What does the text beneath the attack say? If it says ignore weakness and resistance, then the card becomes much worse.

Fighting type Ascension Gible? Searchable by Brooklet Hill?

That sound you hear is the sound of Cynthia becoming a real deck.

I've never been one to NEED a secret rare for a deck. I'm perfectly fine with standard prints...

That being said, I NEED a full playset of the frying pan. Holy crap. That is hilarious.

The rotom is a nice suprise for my rotom deck. Electric doesn't hit many weaknesses, so I can change the count to 3 psychic 1 electric.

I wonder if and how they will be able to incorporate both Palkia GX in English

They'll be split between different sets, like usual. For instance, we got the stuff from SM1+ (The Strength Expansion Pack Sun & Moon), such as Altar of the Sunne and Politoed (hence why there's no Poliwag or Poliwhirl in the set) in Guardians Rising.

That being said, we haven't gotten any of the alternate-type cards yet. But that's because the trend of alt-type revamps started with the expansion set corresponding with the Japanese equivalent of Crimson Invasion.

I guess it's possible they do something else with them, like putting them into Blister Packs instead of reprints or something. But I'd expect we'll just get them in the following set.

Fighting type Ascension Gible? Searchable by Brooklet Hill?

That sound you hear is the sound of Cynthia becoming a real deck.

Garchomp actually is a legit deck with the release of SM5 already. The Fighting type Garchomp is only icing on the cake. Unfortunately they choose to give the worse of the two Gible and alternate type reprint. The one that allows it to retreat for free whenever it has a Fighting energy attached to it would have been much better.

Garchomp actually is a legit deck with the release of SM5 already. The Fighting type Garchomp is only icing on the cake. Unfortunately they choose to give the worse of the two Gible and alternate type reprint. The one that allows it to retreat for free whenever it has a Fighting energy attached to it would have been much better.
I think the Ascension one is much better; it means you don't have to rely on Rare Candy to get T2 Garchomp, and having the ability to drop down Brooklet Hill, search Gible, and then instantly evolve seems amazing, and it's a great T1 attack.

I think the Ascension one is much better; it means you don't have to rely on Rare Candy to get T2 Garchomp, and having the ability to drop down Brooklet Hill, search Gible, and then instantly evolve seems amazing, and it's a great T1 attack.

The problem here is that you leave a HP 80 Gabite active and a lot of decks can hit for 80 damage on their second turn. You are taking quite a risk here.

I dont see it getting a reprint sence we now have the skateboard tool card, cant remember its name sorry
I think it's called Escape Board "the retreat cost of the pokemon this card is attached to is (C) less. This pokemon can retreat while Asleep or Paralyzed." That's going to work well in tandem with Altar of the Moone. which is "the retreat cost of each pokemon (yours and your opponent's) that has any (P) or (D) energy attached to it is (C)(C) less." Pair it with escape board then any pokemon with (P) or (D) energy with a (C)(C)(C) retreat cost will be able to retreat for free and while Asleep or Paralyzed. In my opinion.

Last edited:
Could someone please explain why Japan uses English phrases for the titles of some of these cards?
Like "E-ne-ru-gi ri-sa-i-ku-ru" (Rough pronounciation of "Energy Recycler")
It's the characters in their texts of Katakana and/or Kanji that give the phrases or pronunciations to the titles on the cards. I learned this from my friend who now lives in Japan.

Then people are hyped about a golden frying pan releasing you know they are out of ideas. Yes, I know what it does but still.

Back