SM5+ 'Ultra Force' Releasing in January!

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
This would have been so much better last format but now it's pretty meh but better as a grass than water type at least

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
Alternate type Venusaur is just what this format needs, Psychic Energy acceleration is virtually nowhere at the moment

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Venusaur/abomasnow? Could work...
Stage 2 + Stage 1 = I'm not recommend it. Too clunky. No Basic Attackers. No room for trainers. No room for Leles.

• Grass Abomasnow - Good Energy Accel for Grass decks, but it's too hassle for me. Devolve + Acerola = Waste of time. You're being bait by Garbodor. Good for Genesect but as 1-1 or 2-2 line. 3 Geodudes

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Alternate type Venusaur is just what this format needs, Psychic Energy acceleration is virtually nowhere at the moment
329910.jpg

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
" So I take it SM5 cards that somewhere mention a type (like in Abomasnow and Magnezone’s Abilities) are going to get the alternate type treatment?"

Doubt it. Otherwise we wouldn't have gotten Metal Empoleon.

Haunter31

Aspiring Trainer
The fact that you have to evolve it to attach an energy makes this card pretty unplayable. It takes up bench space, has a bad attack, and requires you to run devo-spray if you want to use it.

The only deck I could see this seeing any play in is Torterra, and even then, Leafeon GX, Lurantis GX, baby Lurantis, Cherrim, and Shiinotic are all better techs.

If the ability read, "Once during your turn, before you attack, you may attach a basic grass energy from your discard pile to one of your Pokemon", this card would be great, even if it said "Once during your turn, before you attack, you may attach a basic grass energy from your discard pile to one of your Pokemon. You may only use one Blessing of the Frost-Covered Trees ability per turn.", this card would still be a good tech, because consistent energy acceleration is a good thing.