SM5+ 'Ultra Force' Releasing in January!

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
At least this is a nice way to address multi-type Pokemon. Still dreaming of the flying type to be added to the game but this brings up another question. How does this affect reprints. It's the exact same card. Sure there is a name rule here and you can't have more than four in a deck but these are pretty much two different cards while being exactly the same.

Maybe I can get a flying type Zapdos.

vyolet127

Aspiring Trainer
I hate how they keep ripping on Gardevoir; however, I would forgive it all if they released a Psychic type Gardevoir. I would forgive all of it. I prefer psychic to fairy anyways...

PandaPokemon

Aspiring Trainer
Hmmm....
Nice with your un creativeness Pokémon.
Still, it’s another good card that’ll make some lightning decks work.

Yes, I agree. Magnazone’s ability is somewhat like Gardevoir GX’s ability. This will work with any lightning deck with a heavy energy attack cost. This is very playable.

thewayne012

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, I agree. Magnazone’s ability is somewhat like Gardevoir GX’s ability. This will work with any lightning deck with a heavy energy attack cost. This is very playable.
We already have a lighting magnazone with this ability and it doesn't see much play

Grimxcore

Budding Professor
All the complaining about originality but its a decent card coming for metal and a better version of the breakthrough version which allowed for some fun decks with electric. I like that we are getting multi version typed Pokemon. Yes maybe a different art would be nice but a good card is a good card.

PandaPokemon

Aspiring Trainer
We already have a lighting magnazone with this ability and it doesn't see much play

You make a good point. But this or the BREAKthrough one will be one the rise with Xuritree GX and KoKo. We need a new strong lightning deck. Alolan Golem GX is pretty mediocre but you could make it work with this and Xuritree GX and KoKo.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Alolan raichu BDIF. I'm calling it.

You mean Raichu GX I'm assuming. If so, Buzzwole GX and Lycanroc GX say hello. ;)

I really like Raichu GX but it came out at the wrong time, competitively speaking.

With that said, I like how they're releasing more and more alternative typing reprints. It gives players more options, which is always good in my opinion!

Haunter31

Aspiring Trainer
Cool, now all we need are some Pokemon that can actually use this better than Raikou :^/

Hope we get better electric type Pokemon in the future.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
magnezone was too clunky to play, lightning already got some nice energy acceleration, from just use max ether, and electrodes and elektrikes. maybe this can be in a mt.coronet/starmie deck, of course you need tapu lele, brigette, rare candies

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
1) It synergies with Aqua Patch yes but it's not hard to get water energies into the discard pile (after all Aqua Patch hasn't had trouble with this so far). If you already have 2 water energies Wake doesn't have an advantage in this regard

2) But Wake also requires 2 water energy in hand to be used in the first place. If you don't have that you can't use Wake. And If you're going to sight Starmie EVO then how is that any different the Mallow needing Octillery or Zoroark.

I'm not taking AFEX's stance that this card is bad. But as far as I can see we already have one card that functions very similarly already and so far it's at best be a one off tech in dechs that can utilize it well. I suspect Wake will end up in the same boat.
1)in expanded, battle compressor is the key card to use with aqua patch. Maybe this will be only 1-2 copies per deck,

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Eh, while I like the fact that PCL wants to keep Lightning Energy acceleration in the format (remember that BREAKthrough is set to leave Standard come the 2018-2019 season) I don't like that it HAS to be carbon copy of SM5's Magnezone with the exact same art.