Discussion Silvally GX Deck Ideas?

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Just wondering of anyone had any ideas for a partner for Silvally GX in the Pokemon TCG from CRI, I think it's an awesome card and would love to post something for the deck garage, based on this.

Here's the card if you're not familiar-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Silvally-GX – Colorless – HP210
Stage 1 – Evolves from Type: Null

Ability: Gyro Unit
As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Basic Pokemon have 0 retreat cost.

[C][C][C] Turbo Drive: 120 damage. Attach a Basic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Rebellion GX: 50x damage. This attack does 50 damage times the number of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When 1 of your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance- AFEX

Last edited:
I have considered just a Sivally GX deck. They have just released translations for Sivally's Psychic and Fighting Memory Cards. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming they are doing this for all the types. I haven't played with him or his memory cards in the video game, so I don't know if they include all the types. If they do though imagine hitting for 240 on most pokemon and being able to attach a basic Energy from your discard to. Of course some pokemon don't have weakness like the Tapu's, but most pokemon have weaknesses. Just an idea not sure if it is legitimate, but if it is that would be pretty cool. I would probably pair him with a 1 or 2 energy attacker who I can setup while attacking with Sivally GX.

I have considered just a Sivally GX deck. They have just released translations for Sivally's Psychic and Fighting Memory Cards. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming they are doing this for all the types. I haven't played with him or his memory cards in the video game, so I don't know if they include all the types. If they do though imagine hitting for 240 on most pokemon and being able to attach a basic Energy from your discard to. Of course some pokemon don't have weakness like the Tapu's, but most pokemon have weaknesses. Just an idea not sure if it is legitimate, but if it is that would be pretty cool. I would probably pair him with a 1 or 2 energy attacker who I can setup while attacking with Sivally GX.

Scrolled through the complete set list didn't see more when I scrolled through the complete set list, maybe a, "Sivally Memory Promo Box" XD

It's an interesting thought, but I would be careful with Weavile because it hits your Ability Pokémon too. Mime would be a must. You could tech in Zoroark, Yveltal and/or Darkrai-GX for more secondary attacker options. As long as Silvally gets a Metal disk, this card can be very threatening.

Last edited:
It's an interesting thought, but I would be careful with Weavile because it hits your Ability Pokémon too. Mime would be a must. You could tech in Zoroark, Yveltaland/or Darkrai-GX for more secondary attacker options. As long as Silvally gets a Metal disk, this card can be very threatening.

You're thinking of the wrong Weavile. They're talking about the one from Steam Siege that lets you remove your own Tools and put them back in your hand.

I can't think of a deck list in particular at the moment, but I would say the best partners for Silvally GX will be basic GX-centric decks.

Imagine Ho-Oh GX with a choice band that can also retreat for free to help itself reset Phoenix Burn.

Turtonator GX can retreat for free when you run out of energy to Bright Flame, then just poke with Silvally GX until you charge it all back.

In Darkrai Decks, you can have it has a Yveltal that has a GX attack that can OHKO any match up and free retreat for if you can't find your Altar of the Moone or get disrupted by stadium wars/field blower.

Basic GX decks just tend to have the most room, and some basic GX decks such as Ho-Oh GX will be losing crucial cards in rotation in a year and will be looking for options. I know that's looking very far ahead, but these are the things you have to think about if you don't want to end up buying Silvally GX for the same price as Tapu Lele GX when you finally think you need it.

If you're remotely interested in Silvally GX, I would say get a playset immediately and wait for the game to grow. Ultra Beast centric decks might be on the way with Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon as well.

Silvally GX has a ton of potential, but I don't think it can be realized just yet.

You're thinking of the wrong Weavile. They're talking about the one from Steam Siege that lets you remove your own Tools and put them back in your hand.

LOL rip me man. Thanks for letting me know. But ya could tech in the other Weavile tho haha. It'd be interesting to see Silvally as the main attacker over support, especially being able to do 240 and consistently stream Silvally. You would whiff making the OHKO on Metagross, but other than that this card is going to be very good.

It's an interesting thought, but I would be careful with Weavile because it hits your Ability Pokémon too. Mime would be a must. You could tech in Zoroark, Yveltal and/or Darkrai-GX for more secondary attacker options. As long as Silvally gets a Metal disk, this card can be very threatening.

I agree

I was actually talking about using both. Weavile's 60 spread to ability pokemon is so good in this ability centric meta.

CaptZero that's a good idea, but maybe you could use it with Gardevoir GX. When a Gardevoir falls, use Silavally to recover energies while hitting nice damage.

CaptZero that's a good idea, but maybe you could use it with Gardevoir GX. When a Gardevoir falls, use Silavally to recover energies while hitting nice damage.

Good idea, but i was thinking of not silvally being a tech for an existing deck, but a new deck all by itself.

To take full advantage of Silvally GX you'd want to use him with a basic, I've been thinking Ho-oh GX or Turtonator GX they both have pretty high attack/retreat costs, which Silvally will help with alot, although he could work with some of the UBs as well interested to see when/of they release other memory types

To take full advantage of Silvally GX you'd want to use him with a basic, I've been thinking Ho-oh GX or Turtonator GX they both have pretty high attack/retreat costs, which Silvally will help with alot, although he could work with some of the UBs as well interested to see when/of they release other memory types

Perfect <3

Sivally GX and Weavile could be boss.

Steam Siege Weavile is pretty useless with Silvally.

Most decks only have one relevant weakness. Just attach the right tool the first time and boom, problem solved.

Silvally GX/Solgaleo GX has some potential, but I doubt it.

Steam Siege Weavile is pretty useless with Silvally.

Most decks only have one relevant weakness. Just attach the right tool the first time and boom, problem solved.

Silvally GX/Solgaleo GX has some potential, but I doubt it.

The idea is more that you can use Weavile to move the tool from one Silvally to another. You don't want to be playing 3+ of a tool when you want to have 3-4 different types to make the deck work well. Unfortunately the only problem I have with this deck is that there really isn't a good way to dig tools back from the discard. There's Herdier but that's really clunky and such a deadweight card otherwise.

I've also considered the idea for Buzzwole/ Silvally Psychic Memory. The Silvally not only give Buzz free retreat but can also reaccelerate it late game and cover up it's Psychic weakness (to Garb/ Espeon specifically)

The idea is more that you can use Weavile to move the tool from one Silvally to another. You don't want to be playing 3+ of a tool when you want to have 3-4 different types to make the deck work well. Unfortunately the only problem I have with this deck is that there really isn't a good way to dig tools back from the discard. There's Herdier but that's really clunky and such a deadweight card otherwise.

I've also considered the idea for Buzzwole/ Silvally Psychic Memory. The Silvally not only give Buzz free retreat but can also reaccelerate it late game and cover up it's Psychic weakness (to Garb/ Espeon specifically)

Back