Discussion Short term investing in cards

Knight_of_Ni

Aspiring Trainer
Has anybody had experience with investing in Pokemon cards like stocks? I am starting to play around with the idea by purchasing large quantities of cards such as Lillie, aqua patch, wishiwashi GX, and pal pad from TCGplayer. The Pokemon tcg seems more stable and predictable than investing in the stock market (I doubt my cards are going to plummet in price as a direct result of some crazy, unpredictable geopolitical event). We also receive Japanese scans of future cards, so there is plenty of time to buy or sell based on the introduction of a new "game changing" card.
I looked the idea up online, and most people are talking about buying older cards and holding them as a long term investment. I think there is money to be made in the short term and I want to know if this is a good idea or not. Please share your experiences, thoughts, opinions, and ideas. I am very hopeful that I can make this work.

Disclaimer: This is just an idea I am throwing around. I can not guarantee any profits will be made by investing in Pokemon cards.

Back