Writing Short Story competition entry.

Fridge

Indie 'Choo's just too cool.
One Last smile​

At first, I liked Dawn. She was quite nice to me, fed me well, and gave me a home. I liked Ash and Brock too, even if they were a bit odd. I mean, they never seem to wash or change their clothes. Eeew, gross. Ash cant be more than 10 years old, but he's the kind of person who thinks they will be 10 forever. He thinks he's Peter Pan or something, on the way to Neverland. And Brock. He's just desperate.

Well hey, I even forgot to introduce myself. I'm Shirley. I'm Dawns Buneary. My dream is to show the world what pokemon really is about. See, I'm a pokemon rights protestor. You may remember me for one of my mroe famous campeigns. 'We want Peanut Block - not PokeBlock' was my first big one. Humans treat us like pets. Why should we be forced to eat what looks like pig excretion whilst those humans enjoy sandwiches, which actually look more like rice balls than sanwiches anyway?

I've got a new campeign now. Its the big one, and I figure if it all goes well then finally us pokemon will be free. Its the ill-treatment campeign of pokemon worldwide. Humans force us to half kill each other, then say if we go to sleep at the pokemon centre for a couple of seconds it will make everything better? And how come it's always that same girl who pretends to treat you? (She actually just puts you to bed and says: 'Here, all better') I swear her hair is pink. That cant be natural. People with pink hair generally belong in Emo pop groups, not hospitals.

Anyway, enough about my campeigns. I'm here to tell you a story, to teach you a lesson. I figured its the hardest lesson anyone can learn, but I learnt it the hard way. Don't make my mistakes.

It all started with Pikachu. Pikachu is Ash's favourite pokemon. He is spoiled sick, and I cant stand him. Whenever he looks at me, I turn my head in digust, red-faced. He thinks he's so cute, and swans around trying to be better than everyone else. And then Dawn starts spouting rubbish about how I have a crush on this dude? Is she nuts?

I can't stand Pikachu, I just can't. He makes me sick. He makes me want to kill him. And one day, I decided to do just that. It wouldnt be a big deal, and it would give me the perfect chance to put the plan I had been waiting to perform all these years into action.

Pikachu always sleeps by Ash's bed. I hate the way he sucks up to him like that, alwyas his favourite. The others hate him too. I guess I'll be doing them all a favour.

Back