News 'Shining Legends Special Collection: Zoroark-GX' in November!

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
So glad I only collect on TCGO, trying to make a dent in Shining Legends is going to be murder but less bankrupting than physicals. I also have a weakness for collecting the coins too so I can forgive these boxes if they come with unique coins.

Nyan

She/They
May favorite GX so far gets it's own product, how could I complain. This also means that Zoroark-GX's price won't be too high, which is great!

Eggrolls13

Aspiring Trainer
Seems like a solid pokemon and a solid marketing set. I think that we might even see a bright future where we simply have half competitive decks being sold straight in the box. This Zoroark seems to be made with Darkrai GX in mind and frankly speaking I really like that straight forward type of design.
Will not pick this up because I don't intend to play Darkness decks anytime soon but it's a cool product for sure.
You realize you don't need to play a darkness deck to use Zoroark GX right? Its main attack takes two of any energy and its ability is amazing for a consistency tech in quite literally any deck.

Nyan

She/They
It seems like Pokémon would actually lose money by doing this since people buy packs to get the good cards...?
This is actually quite genius, because it forces collectors to have to buy the collections boxes in order to get the complete "set". Otherwise, they would just have a Regular Zoroark-GX, a Rainbow Rare Zoroark-GX, and no Fullart

JDA

Aspiring Trainer
You realize you don't need to play a darkness deck to use Zoroark GX right? Its main attack takes two of any energy and its ability is amazing for a consistency tech in quite literally any deck.

In order to make that set up more consistent you can run Darkrai GX, ditch it to Exchange, have it back again for the bench while being well set up for next attackers. All in all it's main attack is good but there is so much Darkrai synergy available here that not running him seems like a strange choice to me. Running Zoroark without Exchange synergy and without having acces to his GX attack isn't something I'd ever go for.

Djndfjnd

Aspiring Trainer
I don't like how they are taking cards out of the sets and putting them into different collection boxes.

TotoBoss

Kappa
"trade", That's a mediocre name for an ability, Exchange at least sounds kinda cool, but "trade" is so bland, I don't like that. Other than that It's obviously a good card so this product is surely sought after.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
This is interesting box design, like the full view of jumbo card - but again a needlessly HUGE box which I think detracts from overall design - the layout and design in the Aloan Raichu I think is much better doing down a more compact route. I would love the jumbo boxes to actually be as compact as Japan - looks so much neater and would maximise shelf space ( and postage costs!) for majority of TCG stores. This size of box is OK for toys r us etc but all my local independents have no choice but to display them on floor in stacks!

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
"trade", That's a mediocre name for an ability, Exchange at least sounds kinda cool, but "trade" is so bland, I don't like that. Other than that It's obviously a good card so this product is surely sought after.

I'm pretty sure it's a reference to Yu-Gi-Oh!'s card "Trade In" which in fact does pretty much the same thing: Discard a specific card; draw 2 Cards.