News 'Shining Legends Special Collection: Raichu-GX' in January!

Connor Ritter

TCG Player
Advanced Member
How is that bad; it lowers the value of the card and makes it easier for people to get?

I dislike them pulling these cards from the sets from a consistency point. Some Pokemon-GX have all three variants in the set while others have either the standard art (Tapu Bulu), the full art (Raichu/Zoroark/Starters), or the rainbow art (Ho-oh) pulled for a separate product. I'm all for making these cards more accessible, but either have a separate promo or have the card still be in the set rather than cannibalizing the contents of a set.

sylvarina

Aspiring Trainer
January... FML! I wish they could've just released this the same time as shining legends. This was one of the cards from this set I wanted really badly. I guess it'll make it easier to get.

John Creagh

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Yeah it's great to see Pokemon literally rip cards from a set and place it in a shitty 30-40 dollar box. Not lazy or greedy at all... /s
I agree but since i buy singles that means that all many chase cards from the set will be reasonably priced because we can just buy a box instead.

skawt

boop
I agree but since i buy singles that means that all many chase cards from the set will be reasonably priced because we can just buy a box instead.
Can't buy a box of Shining Legends, so I am very pleased the GX's are moving into these sets. It'll make the cards more available than if you could only get them in bundles (like Jolteon EX before the Mega Power collection)

Overheat

Aspiring Trainer
So we're not getting the figure that comes with the box? that's what I thought we were going to get.

mawile_13

Aspiring Trainer
Love the looks of this set, and Raichu is one of my favorite Pokemon, but I'm tired of TPC making these $40 boxes and ripping cards from sets...:(

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
So we're not getting the figure that comes with the box? that's what I thought we were going to get.
We're getting both. This box comes out in January and the figure box was supposed to be in October, however it was delayed until sometime in 2018. (most likely March)

mawile_13

Aspiring Trainer
only the FA raichu gx will be in the 40 dollar box. THe RA and RAINBOW HOLO will still be in the set.

Yeah, but the full art one is my favorite of the three because it reminds me of the old Fossil Raichu. Not a huge fan of Rainbow rares but it's better than them taking THAT out too! Haha.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Ooh. More lightning type marketing.
Pikachu.
Tapu Koko GX.
Now Raichu GX.
All exceptional except Pika Pika Pikamarketingploy.

Don Pianta

Old man
Yeah it's great to see Pokemon literally rip cards from a set and place it in a shitty 30-40 dollar box. Not lazy or greedy at all... /s
Yeah, sure is great having 3 different versions of Kommo-o GX in Guardians Rising AND having it as a GX box with alternate art. I mean it's such a great card, after all. Who wouldn't want to pull it instead of Tapu Lele or a full art DCE? This totally doesn't inflate the set and make it harder to collect just so people have to buy more packs, no sirree. Having 51 cards out of 169 only show up 4-6 times per box is not a problem at all.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Why couldn't they just have let the card be IN the set while also having these boxes with alternative art for the FA or something? Palette swap it with Raichu's shiny... The set is called "Shining Legends" after all.