Banned Abilities:

Moody
Shadow Tag
Power Construct
All Unreleased Hidden Abilities

Banned Moves:

Baton Pass

Complex Bans/Clauses (Ubers included):

- Any moveset that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned, e.g. a Pokémon may not carry Recycle and a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Recover.
- A Pokémon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
- Only one Pokémon may be asleep on the opponent's team at a time, excluding self-induced sleep.
- A team cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number.
- In Ubers, A Pokemon cannot have a Sleep-inducing move and Shadow Tag.

Complex Bans/Clauses (Ubers excluded):

- Double Team and Minimize are not allowed.

Unavailable Mega Stones:
Coming in August: Altarianite, Ampharosite, Latiasite and Latiosite
Aggronite
Diancite

Anything in this ban list can not be used in PokéBeach SM tournaments, official or not, unless the rules state otherwise. This post will be amended over the future as other aspects of the metagame are tested and banned. In the meantime, feel free to use this thread for discussion of the ban list.

To find the 5th generation ban list, please click here.
To find the 6th generation ban list, please click here.

Last edited by a moderator:

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
Removals:
Greninja
Hoopa-U
Landorus
Mawilite
Sablenite
Soul Dew
Swagger

Additions:
Solgaleo
Lunala
Power Construct

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Palutena

The Queen
- Limit of 1 Baton Pass user; user must not have both a way to boost Speed and a way to boost other stats (?)
This doesn't seem to be banned yet. I've seen a few Z-Celebrate pass teams on Showdown.

...I didn't even get a chance to use Power Construct :(

PG24

Advanced Member
This doesn't seem to be banned yet. I've seen a few Z-Celebrate pass teams on Showdown.

...I didn't even get a chance to use Power Construct :(

Thanks for clarifying on that. I tried searching for it before posting but yielded no results.

The good news on the Power Construct ban is that you can still use Thousand Arrows on the other formes. I expect 10% to get some niche usage later down the road once things start to balance out.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
The good news on the Power Construct ban is that you can still use Thousand Arrows on the other formes. I expect 10% to get some niche usage later down the road once things start to balance out.
Choice Band 10% is actually really good solely because Thousand Arrows is amazing. I'm actually of the opinion that 10% is better than 50%.

Thousand Arrows/Extreme Speed/Outrage/Filler is solid and puts in work anywhere.

I'm wondering how many days Aegislash has left.

Also on your removals list, you can add Sablenite.

You might also want to make a list of unreleased/unavailable mega stones.

PG24

Advanced Member
When Aegislash gets the boot, Pheromosa is probably getting quickbanned or banned at the same time. Aegislash is really the only thing keeping Pheromosa in check. The only negative aspect of Pheromosa is its weakness to priority, but that's easy to offset this generation thanks to Tapu Lele. Like Genesect, it's almost impossible to keep checked because it can simply bounce off typical answers thanks to its Speed and U-Turn. Just run a core of Pheromosa + Bisharp + Band Dugtrio to see how easy it is to clear the way for a Pheromosa sweep.

Also on your removals list, you can add Sablenite and Mawilite.

You might also want to make a list of unreleased/unavailable mega stones.

Those are already there. ; )

Can you provide a list on unreleased/unavailable mega stones?

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Can you provide a list on unreleased/unavailable mega stones?
Abomasite
Aggronite
Altarianite
Ampharosite
Audinite
Banettite
Beedrillite
Blazikenite
Camperuptite
Diancite
Galladeite
Gardevoirite
Heracronite
Houndoominite
Latiasite
Latiosite
Lopunnite
Medichamite
Mewtwonite X (Ubers)
Mewtwonite Y (Ubers)
Pidgeotite
Sceptilite
Steelixite
Swampertite
Tyranitarite

Basically all of them (or at least all of the important ones) :p

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
I'll be generous and give it two, maybe something will come up that can counter it that isn't Trapped by Dugtrio or instantly dropped dead by Staraptor.

I'm giving it a couple of days at best. Pheromosa has practically zero counters now. So we just wait untill every team starts running HP flying on sturdy magnezone :p

Nyora

A Cat
Charjabug for VGC. I have my raisins. Depends on what Pokémon want to Ben banned though. I hope they allow legends. If so charjabug is pretty good in vgc.

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
Charjabug for VGC. I have my raisins. Depends on what Pokémon want to Ben banned though. I hope they allow legends. If so charjabug is pretty good in vgc.

Liquid voice Primarina + Charjabug sounds like a decent offensive core

some special scizor set maybe?

Technician HP flying specs Scyther :p. nah but in all seriousness, back when Mega Salamence was a thing in OU almost every team needed an Unaware Quagsire with HP ice

Nyora

A Cat
Liquid voice Primarina + Charjabug sounds like a decent offensive core

Technician HP flying specs Scyther :p. nah but in all seriousness, back when Mega Salamence was a thing in OU almost every team needed an Unaware Quagsire with HP ice
actually just hp flying technician nothing else Ohkos pheromosa, just run that for only pheromosa and the rest of your set.