Serebii

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't really ignore the guy, he isn't posting bad things about the beach for attention seeking after all. Nor can you trust him to form a truce. The reason why I said it would be logical to form an alliance with other sites is because there isn't really anything else you can do.

As long as there is competition, no one is going to be happy. There isn't really a solution to this, no matter who's telling the truth.

Honestly, spamming up a board would NOT help for one simple reason:

The neutrals lose out, and all visitors because they have to read the crap. spamming is absolutley pointless. The only resolve here is to create a truce for the good of the Pokemon community, REGARDLESS of who is right or wrong. But if someone keeps on going with the assault against the other, then it becomes clear that they dont give a damn about the community of the game, and is setting the wrong example for players and fans of the game, and should stop! I dont care which one it is, ive offered my advice, if joe/wpm are getting picked one by their counterpart still, they should just not worry about them. They both have enough fans and neutrals to continue the site. but again, the war here aint a good thing... it only hurts the game.

im only an Aussie, what would I kno? :p

originally posted by WPM:
Serebii, you have offered your "olive branch" three times in the past, and have broken your agreement to stop talking about my site three times. You are a liar about your peace treaties. This thread was made to EMBARASS you into keeping your mouth closed about my site and your CONSTANT, CUMPULSIVE lying. And stop acting like I am at fault here - YOU made the posts and YOU continue to BASH my site and me. I have NEVER posted anything negative about you and your site since like our first agreement, so don't even try to say "This is both sides' fault" or that you have come to "Sort it out" when YOU need to change. I dare you to find one statement I made in public on a forum that is negative about your website since our first agreement (which you broke, btw - you broke the second, and third too). Your search for a negative comment from me on a forum will be fruitless. I am banning you because it is obvious you will never change. Besides, this is what, your fourth ban here? Stop evading, as you always tell me. Perhaps posting more of your chat logs will cause you to change your behavior, because it is obvious that common rational doesn't translate to you - you even post nearly the same lines as our first few agreements - you don't change and previous methods will not work. Well, I am not falling for it for a FOURTH time. It's obvious I need to be more aggressive about you and post YOUR words - they aren't even anything I have said, they are all your words, totally unprovoked by me. And they are taken out of context? Those are your WHOLE posts. Stop making excuses for what you have done.

You acknowledge that your comments towards my website are bad. If you post another negative comment again on any forum in the future, it will be obvious to everyone that you are nothing but a liar in your empty peace treaties. And believe me, if you do, I will post it here - perhaps even on the main page. Nothing else will stop you, as shown by your past, and myself and other webmasters are tired of you constantly bashing our sites. I am going to be aggressive about this, even if I have to look childish to others. You have put too many people through stress and tarnished so many reputations that it is time for someone to act against you.

EDIT: BTW people, if you feel what I am doing is wrong, feel free to criticize me. I won't ban you or anything - I'd rather explain myself in this case to make you understand how evil Serebii is rather than shut you up like him. :p
And for those of you who have posted on certain other forums about this situation:

1. This is NOT about Serebii.net. This is NOT about jealousy of Serebii.net or about wishing my site was larger or whatever. We do not even cover the same topics. Serebii is a good website, everyone knows it - I love his website and visit everyday. I am not trying to be bigger. Again, this is NOT about his website. This is about his bashing.

2. I am not joining BMG to go into a war. I am not doing anything stupid like that. This thread is to SHOW people how Joe constantly bashes me and my website, without me doing ANYTHING to provoke it, and how I want it to stop.

3. All of the words are his own words. It's not my fault he used them. Again, it was unprovoked. Stop always believing the people you look up to are flawless and can do no wrong. It is quite ignorant to believe so and defend someone when they have done something clearly wrong.

4. I don't understand why people are mad at me for posting things he has posted out in public anyways. If someone were to publicly post untrue, false, and mean comments about you or something you work on for hours (a website), wouldn't you want that person to stop? Is it fair that someone gets to say untrue things about you and constantly get away with it, especially when they have said four times that they will stop?

If I were to do the same thing Serebii does to me towards any other website, I would hope that my own members would realize that I am doing something wrong. I don't like people who suck up or try to pretend everything is okay when it is not. You will never get anywhere in the real world if you do not defend your beliefs or speak up against wrongs. Well, maybe you can, but it doesn't make you any better of a person.

Also, for your SPP members reading this, I encourage you to post in this thread. I want to explain why I am doing this if you have any questions or feel I am being evil. The only reason I banned Joe is because this is his fourth time evading, and because he says the same arguments as he always says. I will try to be reasonable in this and not try to pretend I have done nothing wrong like Joe apparently thinks (see his thread). All I want is for Serebii to stop constantly bashing me for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. Wouldn't anyone else feel the same way?

nice fight back WPM!:D:cool:

Well, I say, that we call 1 final peace treaty. This time, with all the members of BOTH forums. You post your treaties on the main pages of your sites and on BOTH of your forums. You agree to not publicly bash each other's sites again, even if you believe that you have good reason to. Than, if one of you breaks the peace treaty, well, than you have just made an enourmous fool of yourself and proved that you are indeed a untrustworthy person. So, sound good? That should end it once and for all. I am trying to remain neutral because this argument is so childish. Serebii is an adult from what I understand. He should act like one.(He is not right now) Pokebeach is not competition to Serebii, simply, another Pokemon site. Its not like there can be only 1 site. You guys are not compaigning for votes. So why must there be any slander on any side of the isle? Just call a Truce, BOTH of you. And than if Serebii breaks his treaty again, thats when we start taking action.

From Serebii: Well if he wishes to be immature and continue the mud slinging, thats his fault. I'm not going to stoop down to his level. As far as I'm concerned, nothing is going on

And this is why he will never change. Which is why this thread will have to continue to exist until he sees the errors in his ways.

It's hard to contrast the two forums. I even sent a PM to the guy above on civility and personal attacks. It has to stop, WPM. You're throwing the mud, and you made him throw it back.

Sorry, but you have it reversed. Why don't you read this entire thread before posting again?

I always thought that you, WPM did not like serebii just because it was a competition between you two. Now I see that he is insulting you and this is not a competition. I am sure that you have done some things in the past but it seems like you have made a conscious effort to stop in the last year. I am sure that Serebii has broken those three peace treaty's because well that is Serebii. I don't really know what is to be done about this problem but I would think that Serebii would want ally's more than he would want enemies.

P.S sorry about my last post and it's language.

I could have predicted that you'd ban serebii again, I guess you do have your reasons, but at least banning him won't help this discussion.
I just hope both of you will stop bashing, banning serebii might not be the best move to do that, but, well, at least he won't bother us here again :p

anyways, let's just keep it friendly here, 'cause I saw some insults toward serebi that I think broke at least some rules, not good for our reputation.

I think I'm going to stay about of this discussion, the 2nd one bothered me enough already :p

Water Pokémon Master said:
From Serebii: Well if he wishes to be immature and continue the mud slinging, thats his fault. I'm not going to stoop down to his level. As far as I'm concerned, nothing is going on

And this is why he will never change. Which is why this thread will have to continue to exist until he sees the errors in his ways.

If this is going to be continue, will this thread helps? (time could tell, but I personally think it wouldn't)

If he intend to keep bashing you, and you keep ignore him, he might just stop it. If it doesn't, perhaps other websites will take action on Serebii before you did take a serious action.

So I think that we shouldn't go too further as this could sometimes give bad reputation. You can try to prove Pokebeach is better by just getting more information for publics. No matter what Serebii says, information is what everyone concern. If Pokebeach able to get better, clearer and more news about Pokemon, everyone won't believe what Serebii has just scorn.

I ignored Serebii and his comments towards me on forums, and ESPECIALLY chat rooms, all during the summer. I ignored him so well that he thought I had blocked him. Yet, he continued. In fact, he continued to a greater degree. Not taking any action against him or not saying "Hey, you can't say those things" causes him to think he can just keep saying them. That's why he has been bashing Pokemon websites and their webmasters for years, including BMG's Archaic, Pokemon Forever's Meowth346, me, and webmasters of many smaller sites - because none of them ever told him to stop to a great degree (mind you, BMG had many threads like this, but he continued).

As I said before, it is obvious from his previous post (that I copied here) that he will not change and that he has not learned anything. We may need to take this to the next step, because now that he is in a bind and (some) people know it, he can be exposed for what he does and stop forever.

So, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to keep ignoring it? I think something should be done about it. I just can't figure out what to do. Well, let me know if I can help you out with this problem.

P.S WPM why are you a zombie? Your HP is 0!

This whole accusation sounds a bit like what Jay from SPPf said about Serebii...

But wait, it appears that he is accusing you of slandering to PUSA about his site (during a truce), but failing to mention that here...

He appears to have reasoning similar to yours. Either way, I can't be sure who's lying here, so i'll get out of here for now.

Serebii has his views, and he is sticking to them. I think we just need to accept it. What we need to do is JUMP ON IT everytime he says something. That way, we can show him the error of his ways. I really want to remain neutral in this but this is getting a bit out of control, why cant both Sites just stop mentioning each other?

You've had agreements before, but never a largley publicly known one. Something like that would have people jumping on him whenever he were to slip up and bash you.

Yeah, he's lied many times before. But is it really any more productive to start some flamewar that is apparently supposed to 'humiliate' him (I don't buy that it will for one moment.) I think an rather than a peace treaty you guys could just have an "armistice" or sorts with my mentioned conditions.
I know you won't, I just think it's good enough to suggest. :p

IMO, it'd be more effective to just have a bunch of people steal all Serebii's bandwidth whenever he flamed.

I said effective, not practical.

Seriously, though... I'd suggest putting said treaty on the main sites.

Oh, believe me, I have asked him to debate before to settle this stuff. He never wants to - and you can probably guess why.

And no, I am not going to let this die until I see he realizes that he shouldn't be saying these things. If I were to let this die, he'd be rambling about my site in a few weeks.

Water Pokémon Master said:
That's why he has been bashing Pokemon websites and their webmasters for years, including BMG's Archaic

Archiac deserves it though...after the incident that happened after our nationals.

I think, if hes constantly bashing you AND other Pokemon webmasters, then it is a competion. He clearly wants to get all the information before you guys, and cant hack it when you do. Unfortunately, and sometimes, this has been the case in my experience, theres nothing that can be done. The only thing you can probably do, is promote Pokebeach and just become bigger than Serebii... it seems to be an unaviodable conflict, and if you want to end it by not going as low as him, beat him by making a MUCH better site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back