News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

The problem is you’d waste tons of deck space on them

Silvally is only one attacker. If you choose not to run a secondary attacker, there's your space.

If you do run a secondary attacker, that's 1 fewer memory type you need in your deck.

Well, I guess now's the time to truly talk about Silvally-GX partners. Someone smarter than me do it.

With the right memory, you hit for 240, so you'll want to have every relevant weakness covered.

Fairy memory is unnecessary, since dragons suck. Dark memory won't be very good. Same with fighting memory and electric memory. Psychic memory doesn't help you one-shot garb, so probably not worth running just for espeon.

Volc is super weak to jolteon EX, so if you run him, you can cut out electric memory (though you might not want that one in the first place) and water memory.

Or you could run Magearna EX to cover the ninja and garde matchups, then just use memories for the rest.

The dce+basic attack typing means you should just run it with the best attacker of a relevant type, but I'm not sure who wins that prize. Might be Salazzle.

Or you could run Yveltal EX/Silvally GX because OUR LORD AND SAVIOR WILL NEVER DIE

You could run silvally with solgaleo GX to abuse his energy acceleration, in which case, you might only want to run grass memory fur ninja, water memory for volc, and fire memory for metagross, since solgaleo can kind of just handle everything else on his own.

It's really gonna depend on how the meta shakes up.

Last edited:
With the right memory, you hit for 240, so you'll want to have every relevant weakness covered.

Fairy memory is unnecessary, since dragons suck. That means that, usually, there's 8 types to worry about.

Volc is super weak to jolteon EX, so if you run him, you can cut out electric memory (though you might not want that one in the first place) and water memory.

Or you could run Magearna EX to cover the ninja and garde matchups, then just use memories for the rest.

The dce+basic attack typing means you should just run it with the best attacker of a relevant type, but I'm not sure who wins that prize. Might be Salazzle.

Or you could run Yveltal EX/Silvally GX because OUR LORD AND SAVIOR WILL NEVER DIE

You could run silvally with solgaleo GX to abuse his energy acceleration, in which case, you might only want to run grass memory fur ninja, water memory for volc, and fire memory for metagross, since solgaleo can kind of just handle everything else on his own.

It's really gonna depend on how the meta shakes up.
Volc is not weak to Jolteon, it runs Ranger. I feel like trying to take advantage of these attached "types" won't end well especially if they get discarded.

Silvally is shaping up to be a very valuable Pokémon for the next several years. It's overall versatility, combine for with the fact that it now will be able to counter quite a bit make it something worth looking into.

Volc is not weak to Jolteon, it runs Ranger. I feel like trying to take advantage of these attached "types" won't end well especially if they get discarded.

1. Ranger is not a common card in Volc nowadays.

2. If it was, what are the odds they can have consistent access to it now that Seeker is gone.

3. Jolteon forces your opponent into a situation where they are completely incapable of winning the game unless they use a certain supporter card for their turn instead of whatever supporter they were planning on using.

I'd call that "Volc being weak to jolteon."

These types are just like Choice band, except on steroids. And choice band is pretty good.

this indirectly confirms a lot of cards. 120 damage and attaching a basic energy from your discard is huge because it will let you chain attackers very well.

Jolteon-EX, Glaceon-EX and Drampa all strike me as logical partners. But this card should be the focus of any deck it's in, the drives will take up a lot of deck space (I don't think any deck should run all of them if there's one for each type) but easily let you hit 240 damage against most cards. Field blowers are a pain though, Garb, which this falls just short of OHKOing usually runs extras which will make it hard to keep your drives attached. An eco arm or two might make sense there since it helps you outlast their blowers. Skyla will also be excellent because it will let you pick out the drive you need.

• 3.) You can't attach Choice Band for your advantage.

Why would you? 150 isn't ohko'ing anything except marshadow, which nobody uses, and 120 can already 2hko almost everything.

Choice band is useless on sylvally anyways. Being able to attach "Choice band, but instead of 30 damage it's 120" seems pretty good to me.

this indirectly confirms a lot of cards. 120 damage and attaching a basic energy from your discard is huge because it will let you chain attackers very well.

Jolteon-EX, Glaceon-EX and Drampa all strike me as logical partners. But this card should be the focus of any deck it's in, the drives will take up a lot of deck space (I don't think any deck should run all of them if there's one for each type) but easily let you hit 240 damage against most cards. Field blowers are a pain though, Garb, which this falls just short of OHKOing usually runs extras which will make it hard to keep your drives attached. An eco arm or two might make sense there since it helps you outlast their blowers. Skyla will also be excellent because it will let you pick out the drive you need.

Actually you can ohko both Garbodor in one hit without Memory Discs. The one that turns Silvally GX into a Fighting type will allow it to ohko Drampa GX. So the deck should have that match covered. If you also run Registeel you have the metal weakness covered. Fire and Water would be fine to handle Metagross and Volcanion.

Initially, this seemed like garbage to me. With the abundance of field blowers, it felt like a lot of extra setup for marginal returns. But, I am actually hype for it. You could theoretically build only a Silvally deck on the PTCGO and be able to cover every daily challenge type, for example. I highly doubt they are going to be printing 10 of these cards, though.

At the end of the day, if you're trying to counter the meta, just play the appropriate deck. But I like how this might see play in Expanded.

Actually you can ohko both Garbodor in one hit without Memory Discs. The one that turns Silvally GX into a Fighting type will allow it to ohko Drampa GX. So the deck should have that match covered. If you also run Registeel you have the metal weakness covered. Fire and Water would be fine to handle Metagross and Volcanion.

For some reason I was thinking it had 130hp.

Idk if I'd call it a chase card as it seems to be getting the Tapu Koko-GX treatment, aka enjoy your 18 promo reprints lol.

Looking at the set list it could be that we only receive these two memory disc cards for Silvally GX. Between Peeking Red Card and Gladion there is no more room left for more of them. It couldbe that we get one or two more memory disc cards in GX Battle Boost. If so I would assume that we receive Fire Memory. It could make sense from a storyline perspective since these three memory disc cads would allow Silvally GX to hit the Ultra Beasts for weakness. Even if this is the case Silvally could be decent with the Regi cards (excl. Regigigas) to hit several meta deck for weakness and his GX attack is in fact decent too.

So does this only apply to attack type or can we also apply resistance here?

So does this only apply to attack type or can we also apply resistance here?
If Silvally-GX is a Psychic-type and you hit something that resists Psychic, of course resistance is going to be applied.

Back